4

The Darkness That Follows Me

 

 

 

   

Not Proofread XP

 

     Donghae woke up when he felt fingers carressing his cheek. "Hae, wake up." Donghae groaned and slowly opened his eyes. Minhyuk was hovering over him with a smile on his face. "Come on! I made breakfast!"

 

     He kissed him on the cheek then left to the kitchen. Donghae lazily got up and did his morning routine before heading downstairs. They ate their breakfast in silence for the most part until Minhyuk spoke up, "I have somewhere to be today." 

 

     That's weird. He never goes anywhere, let alone leave me by myself, Donghae thought. "Where are you going?" he asked. Minhyuk just looked at him with a blank expression.

 

     "I have to take care of some business." With that said, he got up from the table and dissapeared. 

 

    "Minhyuk?" Donghae called out, just to be sure. When there was no answer, he smiled lightly. Maybe I'll get to go to the backyard and get some fresh air.

 

    Minhyuk would not let Donghae leave the house at all except rarely to the backyard. And when he went to the backyard, Minhyuk never disturbed him. That was his only alone time he had so he was happy for this chance.

 

     Donghae finished his breakfast and walked out to the backyard. Ahh what a nice day today. He took a seat by the pool and a little squirell scurried up to him. 

 

    "Hey there little guy! Did you come to visit me?" The animal just looked at him. "I wish other people would visit me. Did you know there's a new guy in the neighborhood? I heard he came from America! Isn't that cool! I heard people talking outside say his name is Hyukjae."

 

     Donghae's mind went back to Hyukjae's image and he couldn't help but let out a small smile. 

 

     "But I also heard what they told him about me." His smile faultered. "Even though it's not true, I'm glad they told him." The squirrel tilted his head to the side as if he was confused.

 

     "I wouldn't want him to get hurt if he gets too close to me." Who know what Minhyuk would do? "Although it would be nice to have someone to talk to." The furry animal let out a small sound.

 

     Donghae chuckled, "Not that it's not nice talking to you, I would like it if someone could talk back, you know?"

 

     "Donghae!" Upon hearing his name, Donghae stood up and looked towards the door. "What are you doing here?" he shouted to Minhyuk. "That boy...he's here." Boy? What boy? "What do you mean? Where?"

 

     Donghae turned his head to the forest and his eyes caught a figure behind the trees that quickly ran away. Hyukjae... "I swear I'll end up killing that boy one day." Minhyuk growled. "Don't you dare touch him!"

 

     Minhyuks eyes darkened. "Oh so now you're sticking up for him? You didn't happen to, oh I don't know...fall in love with him?" Donghae's eyes widened.

 

    "W-What are you talking about? Of course n-not!" Fall in love with him? Did I? "Yeah whatever. I have to leave again. Get back in the house and stay inside!"

 

    Donghae obeyed and quickly went inside, running upstairs. "Ugh!!" He flopped down on his bed and let out a heavy sigh. I wish I was free to live my life...meet whoever I want to.

 

     He got up and walked to the window, opening the curtain and looking out side. He did not expect to see Hyukjae standing there, looking straight at him. His heart was beating out of control.

 

    After a few seconds, Hyukjae ran into his house and shut the door. Donghae sighed and held his chest with his hand. What are you doing to me, Hyukjae?