2

The Darkness That Follows Me

So I was supposed to update this a couple of days ago but I got really sick :( I'm better now so here's the update! ^.^

 

 

    Bright rays from the sun forced Hyukjae to open his eyes. He groaned and turned his head, hoping to get more sleep. Five minutes passed when he realized that wouldn't happen so, heaving a sigh, Hyukjae got out of bed. What am I going to do today? After a shower and quick breakfast of rice and boiled vegetables, he decided to take a walk through the forest behind his house. It was a beautiful sunny day, there was a light breeze. The sound of the trees flowing in the wind and chirping birds filled the air. He took this peaceful time to think about his life, how cruel it was, about his love life, he has none, but most of all, he thought about Lee Donghae. Is he really as bad as they say?

    He was so into his thoughts, he wasn't paying attention to where he was going. He was lost. He looked around, trying to find a path or something he could use, but after a while, he decided to just keep walking. This forest isn't that big. I'm sure I'll find a road soon. 

    He wandered around for maybe two minutes before he stumbled upon a backyard. The house was blue with white windows and black curtains. This looks familiar. Right after his thought, the back door of the house opened and a man stepped out. He was of medium height, short brown hair and tan skin. He was beautiful. But he had a very depressing look on his face. Just then Hyukjae remembered why the house looked so familiar. That must be Donghae... 

    He hid behind a tree so he wouldn't get caught and just stared at him. He watched as Donghae took a seat by the pool and a little squirrel ran up to him. "Hey there little guy! Did you come to visit me?" Hyukjae did not expect to hear such a smooth yet husky voice come out of his mouth. "I wish other people would visit me. Did you know there's a new guy in the neighborhood? I heard he came from America! Isn't that cool! I heard people talking outside say his name is Hyukjae."

     A shiver went down his back when he heard him say his name. "But I also heard what they told him about me. Even though it's not true, I'm glad they told him." The squirrel tilted his head to the side as if he was confused. "I wouldn't want him to get hurt if he gets too close to me." Why would I get hurt if it's not true? Hyukjae thought as he continued to listen. "Although it would be nice to have someone to talk to."

     The furry animal let out a small sound. Donghae chuckled, "Not that it's not nice talking to you, I would like it if someone could talk back, you know?" Hyukjae's breath was taken away by the small smile he gave the squirrel. He seems harmless! What is wrong with those people? 

    Abruptly, Donghae stood up and looked towards the door. "What are you doing here?" he shouted. For a second, Hyukjae thought he was caught, but he wasn't even looking his way. Who is he talking too? "What do you mean? Where?" Donghae continued. Then he quickly turned his head in Hyukjae's direction.  I think he saw me! I gotta get out of here! As quietly as he could he made his way away from the house and out of the forest. He couldn't get Donghae out of his mind. He decided to talk to Sungmin.

 


 

    "You what?!?" Sungmin yelled when Hyukjae told him what he saw. "He seems harmless! And he said the rumors weren't true! Maybe we should just talk to-ouch!" Sungmin hit him in the head, "Talk to him? Are you crazy?? That's like a death sentence!" Death sentence? Just for talking? He is seriously overreacting. "But-"

    "No buts! You know, the last owner of the house you're living in thought it would be ok to just talk to him and now....he's still in a coma. Trust me when I say he is dangerous! Stay away from him!" Hyukjae let Sungmins words sink in. Maybe he was right. But then again..."How can someone so beautiful be so dangerous?"

    "What?" Sungmin was looking at him confused. Did I say that out loud? "Oh no...this is bad. This is really bad! How could you!" Hyukjae was too confused. "What? What did I do?"

    "You fell in love with him!" WHAT?!? "Ok Sungmin, that's just crazy! I did not fall in love with him!" What the hell is he thinking? "Oh please. I am an expert in love. I know it when I see it. Plus you were looking all lovingly when you were thinking about 'how beautiful' he is!" Was I really? Well, he is beautiful. And his smile is so-wait, what the hell! He stood up and grabbed fistfuls of his hair, hoping that would stop him from thinking about Donghae so much; it didn't. 

    "Look, why don't you go home and rest and later tonight, all of us could come over and hangout, ok?" Hyukjae just nodded and walked out of Sungmin's house. Before he opened his door, he turned to look at the house at the end of the street, freezing when he saw Donghae looking out the window, at him. His heart beat increased when he felt those gorgeous but sad eyes boring holes in his skin. He opened the door, ran inside and slammed the door shut, leaning against it trying to calm his breathing. Dammit.


Update here! I hope it's interesting enough for you!

Comment, Subscribe and Upvote please! <3