Chapter 27

Spring and Fall

It was the final day of school before the summer holidays. The school building was hectic right now, since the result of the two-days exams were out. You had asked Hyunnie and Bella to check the results for you, since you thought that it was too bothersome. And to ease your nervousness, you read a book about pandas in the school lawn, which is one of Changjo’s present for you the other day.

You heard running footsteps coming your way, so you immediately closed your book in a snap. You looked up and there you saw your friends running towards you. You greeted them with a smile, and they greeted you with squealing in exchange, as expected. You frowned at them. Hyunnie nudged Bella’s arm, signalling her to talk. Bella sat next to you and paused for a while before asking, “____, on our recent exam, how was your result?”. “Well, for the whole grade, I got 33rd and 10th in class..” you answered nervously. Bella smiled at Hyunnie, and Hyunnie smiled back, folding her arms.

“My dear friend,” Hyunnie said with a smile, “you got 6th for the whole grade and 3rd in class~”. Your eyes widened in shock. Did you really did that well? You looked at Hyunnie and Bella questionably. “Jinjja? I did...?” you couldn’t believe them. “Nae!! Congrats~” Bella said, reaching out for your hand. You looked at her and smiled. You stood up and asked them to leave home first.

“I’m sorry, but I want to check it for myself” you said before waving your friends and ran towards the school building. Hyunnie and Bella shook their heads. “She’s hiding something again” Hyunnie said as they both walked to the gate. “Yeah, and we both know what it’s about” Bella said. “Fangirls” they said in sync.

You went to the big bulletin board in the school hall. The hall was getting empty, as students were going home. You looked at it and your eyes widen in surprise. You did get 6th for the whole grade and 3rd in class. It was a very long jump from your previous place. But still, you couldn’t beat those top threes, and you were starting to worry. “Those fangirls...” you thought worriedly. You turned around and headed out of the hall, walking through the empty hallway. As you were walking, suddenly your name was called from behind. You turned around and were surprised to see Luna and her gang. Sherry was there too. You gulped as they came near you.

Luna looked scary with her long eyelashes, but when she finally stood in front of you, she was smiling. You were puzzled. She was taller than you, so she had to lower her head to talk to you. “Congratulations ____-shi, for having a nice result” she said. “I didn’t get third place...” you said. You felt yourself shrinking. You weren’t sure if she was being sarcastic or she was really complimenting you. Luna pulled her head back and folded her arms. “What are you saying? You did great. We wouldn’t even get to the top 10, you know”. You tilted your head, still reading the situation. What’s with this behaviour change of her?

Sensing your confused state, Sherry quickly explained, “Actually that was just a challenge. Luna just wanted to test how much you would do to be with Changjo. And you did prove it”. Your jaw dropped slightly, but then it turned into a smile. You finally understood them. These fangirls were nice people, after all.

“You know, ___-shi.. Most of us are having boyfriends already, after being turned down by Changjo countless times. So we wanted to let Changjo off with someone who’s just as good as him. And you prove to us that there is one person like that” Luna said, smiling. “O-oh, thank you very much” you bowed before standing up straight, smiling back at her.

Luna patted your shoulder and said, “I’m sure you know about Joona. All of us hate her, so we’re fine if one day you decided to kill her or anything. Sorry about the other day, we were actually in a bad mood and we let it out on you” and you giggled. “Take good care of Changjo, and love him as much as we do. We’re going home now. Have fun this holidays~” Luna said before turning around and walked off with her gang. “Nae, thank you so much!!” you shouted from the hallway.

You turned around and walked quickly. You were so happy that they approve you. This means that you and Changjo could be more open in school. That’s great news! You didn’t know how, but just in a few minutes, you already arrived at the main gate. Opening the house door, you saw Changjo was standing on the living room. He was talking on his phone. You opened your shoes and tiptoe-ed to him, and just as he ended the call, you quickly hug him, earning a “whoah” from the shocked Changjo. Changjo hugged you back, nevertheless.

You let go from the hug and smiled to Changjo from ear to ear. You were pretty sure you looked like an idiot, but Changjo was happy seeing you like that. “Yahh, what happened to you today?” Changjo was half-laughing. You spun around in circle like the happiest person in the world before saying “Nothing. I felt like my whole life had been approved~”.

Changjo shook his head and folded his arms. “____-ah,” he asked, “Do you have any plans for this summer?”. “I don’t think so... wae?” you said, tilting your head. Changjo smiled and said, “Well that’s good! ‘Cause we’re going to Japan for our holidays. Omma just called. We’re staying there~” and your eyes widen in surprise.

You had always wanted to go to Japan for holidays. How would your vacation be?

And little did you know, surprising events are coming your way.

To be continued...

******************************************

A-yo guys! Sorry it this was short... I do think this is the shortest chapter I have ever done because there's nothing much in it ;;;; But please anticipate the next chapter..... Oh andd thanks for subscribing, commenting and reading!! /throws hearts/

I wish you guys for a good health and stay happy always!! See ya in the next chapter, bye~