Chapter 2

Friends To Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What are you gonna wear this saturday? Hm? hm?" Soojung asked while walking home with Yoona

"I still don't know...its still Thursday..." Yoona replied as she looked at the sky. *why am I so gloomy today?* She thought as she groaned a bit.

"Bye yoona-ya! I'll go this way! See you tomorrow" Soojung waved at Yoona.

"O! Bye!" Yoona waved back and then, she walked ahead to her house when she saw Jongin waiting, leaning at her house's wall. Yoona's heart skipped a beat and she didn't know why. She decided to go for it. She walked towards her house's gate.

"Yoona-ya..." Jongin called as he saw her opening the gate.

"What?" Yoona replied with her eyes in front. She didn't want to face him. *please go...just go..* she thought to herself.

"You haven't answered my question.." Jongin said.

"What question?" Yoona asked.

"Do you really...love Daehyun?" Jongin asked.

"Why...why do you have to know?" Yoona asked back.

"Look at me." Jongin instructed as he held both of her shoulders and turned her to face him.

"I...I..." Yoona stuttered.

"Look at me I said." Jongin pull up her chin and looked at her in her eyes. Their hearts raced.

*I don't want Soojung and Daehyun to be hurt by this pathetic feelings..remember friendship is more important.* Yoona thought in her mind.

"I like him.." Yoona at last got those words out of and she knew she was lying.

"Really?" Jongin put his hands down from her shoulders. His head was down, he smiled weakly.

"T-that's good then...it means Daehyun and Your feelings are mutual." Jongin said as he faked a wide smile.

"Then...you got my answer..I'll get going." Yoona said as she went inside her house. Suddenly, tears began falling out from her eyes. She didn't know why it hurts so much. She wiped her tears and went inside her bedroom.
 

Jongin, who was still outside, had his head down. A tear fell from his left eye. He realized, all this time, he was in love with her. He felt stupid for not realizing and regretted for letting her go.

Daehyun...he watched them. He then realized, they love each other. All this time, they were in love with each other. He watched from behind a wall. He leaned as he smiled a bit. *I'm going to make you love me...* he thought. He didn't want to give up yet. Its not the end.
 

The next day came, 

Yoona went out of her house and saw Daehyun standing there with a wrapped milk. He handed it to Yoona.

"Good morning, my angel..." Daehyun greeted as he handed the milk to Yoona.

"What, oh my..." Yoona giggled and felt awed. She shouldn't hurt him. She shouldn't. She couldn't.

They began walking to school together side by side. Daehyun suddenly held her hand. Their hands were locked with each other. She couldn't resist. Daehyun smiled, although he knew that Yoona didn't feel as happy as he was. They arrived at school. Yoona pulled her hand, walked inside her classroom and waved to Daehyun.

"So how's your thing with Daehyun?" Jongin asked after the bell for the second class. 

"U-um..we're great...and how's yours with Soojung?" Yoona asked as she faked a smile.

"Its...fine..." Jongin replied as he gave her a small smile. 

"Jongin-ah..." Yoona called

"Yeah?" 

"D-don't break her heart.." Yoona said as a tear fell from her left eye. 

"Yoona-ya, w-why are you crying?" Jongin asked, worried. Yoona wiped her tears.

"Nothing...I'm just so happy for you guys!" Yoona smiled as she wiped her tears that began felling and rolling down her cheeks. 

"I'll just...go to the toilet first..." Yoona excused herself to the toilet. She ran to the toilet as fast as she could. 
 

In the toilet, she went inside one of the cubicle. She poured out all her emotions. She covered with her hand to prevent anyone from hearing her crying. After letting out her tears, she went out and washed her face. Then, she went back to class.

Lunch time soon came, as always, awkward for Jongin and Yoona except for Soojung and Daehyun. Soojung and Daehyun kept talking to each other not with their partners, while Jongin and Yoona kept taking glances at each other. 

Then, it was Friday and they were walking home together. They agreed to Soojung to her house first, since hers was the nearest. 

"Bye Yoona-ya, Daehyun-sshi and Jongin-sshi!" Soojung waved at the three of them.

"Oh bye!" Yoona waved back.

The three of them was about to walk away when Soojung called Jongin. 
"Jongin-sshi..." Soojung called.

"Yes?" Jongin replied.

Just then, Soojung pulled Jongin's collar which made him lowered his head. Soojung then kissed his right cheek, which made Jongin's eyes widened and so did Yoona and Daehyun. But, Yoona's eyes represents sadness and hurt, while Daehyun's represents excitement and happiness. 
Just then, 
"Let's go Daehyun-ah..." Yoona grabbed Daehyun's hand and pull him. Jongin saw Yoona's action. He then sent Soojung in and ran towards Yoona and Daehyun.

They arrived in Yoona's house. 
"Bye Yoona-sshi..." Daehyun waved and smiled.

"Oh..bye yoona-ya.." Jongin said his farewell, awkwardly.

"Wait..." Yoona called Daehyun. She put her hand on his shoulder and pull him closer and kiss his cheek. Daehyun widened his eyes, his heart was beating rapidly and his cheeks started to blush. On the other side, Jongin's eyes were flaming, his heart felt like being torn apart. Tears began forming in his eyes. He turned away and began walking away. Yoona took a glance at Jongin's back before waving at Daehyun and going inside her house.

In her bedroom, she gave a deep sigh as she held her chest with her palm. Tears began forming her eyes and rolling down her cheeks. Never had she been crying these much since her grandfather's death. Never had her heart hurt this much before.
She leaned on her door and cried as much as she could. 

At the same time, Jongin went inside his bedroom and sat down on his bed. He laid down on it and sighed. He kept on remembering how Yoona kissed Daehyun. She didn't even kiss him on his lips, but he was so much bothered by it. He didn't even gave a thought when Soojung kissed his cheek. Its like, he didn't care at all. 

Meanwhile, Soojung in her bedroom were squealing like there's no tomorrow. She was jumping on her bed, laughing. But, she remembered how Yoona looked when she kissed Jongin's cheek. She sat down and thought about it. Yoona looked...sad, hurt and angry. She pouted. *Does she...love Jongin?* Soojung thought.

Daehyun was touching his cheek which was kissed by Yoona a few hours before. He smiled, although, he knew deep inside, Yoona didn't mean it at all. He knew all that but he still loves her.
 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    Saturday came and Yoona was busy choosing a dress from her closet. She was confused with herself, why was she worried on how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter