Chapter 6

What happened to us?

 

- You woke up, hyung? – Woohyun peeked his head from the top bunk to see his leader on the bottom bunk and pointed at a cup on table - Drink that, hyung, it is ginger tea. It will help to kill your hangover.

- Um – Sunggyu replied shortly.

- Hyung, about last night, Apink’s leader, Park Chorong-ssi… - Woohyun took a quick glance at Sunggyu before continuing – is she and you…

- I know, Woohyun ah, I’m sorry, I’m going to tell you guys but I can’t find a right time, I’m so sorry – Sunggyu inhaled deeply and shutted his eyes tight.

So it wasn’t a dream, he did go find her last night in drunken state. So were the words he heard from her in his unconsciousness true, or were they just in his imagination? Everything was a mess. How could he face ? Who could he blame now? Again, the ache in his head seemed like it wanted to kill him.

Woohyun lay in silence on his bunk, listening to his roommate heavily sighing. He replayed what happened last night in his mind. It was almost 5 in the morning, Hoya woke him up just to find their leader, Sunggyu, in a drunken state and be dragged to their room by their manager. To his surprise, a girl followed right after them. He knew her, she was no one other than Apink’s leader, Park Chorong. Their group lived just a few floors above Infinite. Why is she here? Is there anything that has happened with her involving? Also, she was quite consistent and nearly always stick to where Sunggyu was. Their manager said they may have the answer later and to let her have some minutes with their own leader. From the outside, Woohyun could clearly see her holding Sunggyu’s hand, say something and even cry. What the hell was that scene in front of him? He was so confused even now.
And after she left, when Woohyun was trying to take off Sunggyu’s jacket to make him sleep more comfortably, he saw tears rolled down from Sunggyu’s eyes. It’s definitely the first time Woohyun saw his tears. He is a great, brave and tough leader, no doubt. Even after years of harsh training and full of stresses, facing failure and happiness, he had never seen those but last night was different. Infinite’s Kim Sunggyu has disappeared, Woohyun only saw a man, like any other people who has just fall out of love, weak and sensitive.

- Woohyun ah, can you please call other members here, I have something to tell you guys – Sunggyu finally thought deserve an explanation, and he was ready to give.


 

---

 

“I’m sorry girls, I’m a leader and it’s just so selfish to keep it as a secret to you guys… but believe me, the story I just told is all about us.” Chorong kept replaying her own words in her mind while staring out through the car’s window. The night view outside slipped by fast as Apink headed home. Other members were all sleeping after tiring schedules but she couldn’t, especially after she had told them about her relationship with Sunggyu, a relationship that the girls could never imagine. She wore her earphones and tried listening to music but accidentally turn on the radio on her phone. “… come back to stage as a solo artist with “Another Me” album, please welcome Infinite’s Kim Sunggyu to our night radio show today…”, the words of the VJ came straight into her ears, “Oh please, is fate playing with me again? Why his name keeps coming to my ears?, Chorong thinks. She didn’t want to turn it off, she missed his voice to death, she admitted.

“So please introduce your title song!”

“Yes, this album’s title song “60 seconds” tells a story of a person who takes 60 seconds to fall in love and 60 seconds to break up.”

“Woah, it sounds hurtful, right? So have you ever experienced that kind of love?”

“Um, well… I have to say that I have.”

“Really? You must have been so disappointed!”

“Yes, we did break up in somewhat 60 seconds. One moment, everything was good, and right after that, she left me. But I don’t care about it much now.”

She turned it off, she couldn’t take it anymore. “I don’t care about it much now”. These words of him liked a thousand knives stabbing into her heart. Why, Park Chorong? Is it what you want from him? Why do you cry because of what you want?  

 

---

 

Apink reached their dorm when it was almost midnight. The trip between Busan and Seoul along with tight schedules in Busan dried all their energy for a day. The girls slowly took their bags and moved to their own rooms.


- Naeun ah, do you still have my earphones there? – Chorong called out for Naeun from her room.

- No, eonni, I gave you already, remember?

- Oops, sorry, I remember now! – Where the hell did I put it? – Chorong murmured as she tried to seek for the earphones in her bag.

She suddenly smacked her forehead, “Oh, I must be stupid, it’s still in the car”, and ran out of her room.

- Oppa, where is the car key? I left my earphones there, I gonna go down and take it now.

- It’s on the table but now? Wait for me, I’ll go with you! – Their manager shouted out from the restroom.

- It’s okay, oppa. I can go alone, just a few minutes only – She answered and left.

The ding sound from elevator indicating that she had reached ground floor pulled Chorong out from her indefinite thoughts. The door opened and she lifted her head. He was standing there, waiting for the elevator, followed by his manager. And yes, he was standing there, in front of her again, with the black cap nearly covered his face and his red hair. However, she could still see his eyes. It was looking right at her. She couldn’t move a step, and her legs just want to collapse from the look in his eyes. It was cold, so cold and she got scared. This was the first time she saw him like this, with such a cold face towards her. The manager soon realized the tense atmosphere between them. “Sunggyu ah!”, the words from the manager woke Chorong up, she quickly dodged Sunggyu’s look by staring at the ground, clumsily managed to get out of the elevator. Sunggyu, on the other hand, didn’t flinch a bit, he walked into the elevator without looking at Chorong for once again. They walked pass each other, just like total strangers.


Chorong opened the door of their car and get in, closed it. She tried to catch her breath while her hands started digging stuffs on the car or they just pretended to be busy so her mind would not think of what just had happened. But it didn’t work. She didn’t really remember what she was looking for anymore. Until she no longer saw what in front of her clearly as tears already filled those eyes, she cried it out loud. It was too much, her heart was bleeding like crazy. She missed him so much, she loved him so much. She was selfish, she treated him poorly, left him with those nonsense, not even gave him a proper reason and now she couldn’t take it when he turned cold towards her, which was what she wanted. Tears couldn’t stop, and the invisible string that was squeezing her heart became more tightened every second.


Just then, the door opened. Through the tears, she saw a guy with black cap and red hair, grabbing her wrist again.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

hi, how is the new chapter, my dear gyurong shippers? i miss you guys TT^TT sorry for very late update TT^TT anw, you guys all watched RM last week right? even i ship gyurong and hoji but gyuji is just so adorable TT^TT