Decisions, Decisions.

The Bodyguard & His Boss

It had been at least three hours since Kibum left and it was night time in Seoul and I still remained unmoved on the couch.

B-bodyguard? When I said I was his savior I didn't mean that I wanted to always be doing that. I mean he's the president of the largest, most popular clothing brand in all of Seoul maybe even all of South Korea, there has to be plenty of competition and people out there who might want to harm him. Like the guys from the alleyway. If I didn't step in would they have done worse? When I came in they looked like they were getting bored of just beating him up, I can still remember the look the guy who threatened me had when he look up at me. His eyes were dark and glazed with lust. And what's worse?

I can completely understand why they were. The way Kibum or should I say Key did everything was just so, so enticing. He emitted so much self confidence that made Jonghyun wonder if he even knew his presence made everyone around him feel inferior.

Including him.

There are so many people out there who could the job better than I could. Why me? All the "what ifs" that came to mind were so overwhelming that it made my self confidence go from 100% to 0. "Ugh" I groaned in frustration."Maybe I should just decline his offer." breathing a sigh of defeat.

"Decline who's offer?" a voice resonated from behind.

Jonghyun turned to find his hyung slipping off his shoes at the foyer of the small home carrying several suitcases.

"HYUNG!" I couldn't believe it Jinki hyung came back. I quickly hopped over the couch  I was sitting on and ran to hug him nearly tripping on the way there.

Geez, I've been living with Jinki for too long, his sangtae is rubbing off on me.

-------------------------

I groaned after dropping my house keys for the third time. As I bent down to pick them up, I found myself face to face with an sweet elderly woman. “Excuse me?” A frail sounding voice whispered. She smiled warmly at me, handing my keys to me. "Kamsahabnida,halmeoni" I replied bowing slightly. In turn, she just smiled and shuffled down the hallway to her own apartment.

I sighed. I missed Korea, it wasn't often in America that people would be that polite to you. I opened the door to find my roommate Jonghyun plastered on the couch with a look of frustration(nope) etched on his face. 

"Ugh" Jonghyun groaned in frustration "Maybe I should just decline his offer"

Offer? "Decline who's offer?" I asked. Jonghyun's head whipped toward my direction as I removed my shoes and set down my luggage in the foyer. Well there goes that grand entrance I hoped for.

"HYUNG!" Jonghyun said almost squealing in delight. I saw his eyes light up before he quickly hopped over the couch ran towards me nearly tripping on the way there.

"Hyung!" he squealed once more as he held me in a vice grip. "Ah,Ah" I wheezed trying to pry Jonghyun's arms off of me.

Damn, his muscles really weren't for show.

"I'll take it you missed me" I questioned, taking a few deep breathes after he let me go. Geez, you never know how mush you need something until you almost lose it. 

"Did I. Hyung, you don't know how scary this place is at night there's so much noise at night."  Same old Jonghyun. " You know, I couldn't actually go to the bathroom at night,you don't know how many times I had to, but I kept thinking what if some demon tried to get me and drag me down some stairs or something." He told me as I made my way to the couch.

I really shouldn't have let him watch Paranormal Activity.

Twice.

 "Well, I'm here now aren't I?" I declared grunting slightly as I sat down on the couch. I closed my eyes enjoying my first few minutes of relaxation, the first since my business trip. After dealing with the international expansion of  the company I worked for the past week was filled with hurried business meetings,contract revisions, and several negotiations with our American counterparts. Now, just sitting on the soft couch was pure bliss.

I heard the shuffling of feet across the hardwood floor approaching my direction. Opening my eyes, I found Jonghyun standing in front of me eyes closed, an eager smile playing on his lips, arms wide open expectantly in front of me.

"Um, do you want a hug?" I remarked.

"No!" He huffed a pout now adorning his face. "Did you bring me a present?" he asked, returning to his previous posture with his arms open expectantly. Oh. I laughed nervously. "Um.. w-well..." I stuttered rubbing the back of my neck in embarrassment.

"No...... but before you start whining like a little girl," Jonghyun pouted at this statement "How about I make us some dinner?"

Jonghyun crossed his arms, appearing to think over my proposal until his stomach started growling. Loudly, I might add.

"Hmph, I'll take that as yes?" I teased.

"Just make the food will you?" he mumbled, blushing.

Same old Jonghyun.

------------------------

A while later, we sat at the table eating Daeji Bulgogi, Jinki's best dish, way better than the time he's tried to make omelets we almost had to call the fire department.

"By the way, what was that offer thing you were talking about earlier?" I looked up to see Jinki staring at me curiously.

That. "Well, I was offered a job to be a bodyguard but I don't know whether to take it or not"

"Oh, that's easy, decline it, you already have a job" he said matter of factly pointing his fork in my direction.

I gulped. "About that..." I began nervously.

Jinki rubbed his temples. "Jonghyun, please,please don't tell me you got fired from your job" he mumbled. 

"Look, I can explain—" I began once more only to be silenced by Jinki. "Okay, then take the job since someone here clearly doesn't know how to hold a job" I shrank in my seat. "So, how much does it pay and do you know who you're working for and what are the hours—"

It was my turn to cut off Jinki, mid ramble. "Well, I don't know how much it pays but I'm working for Kim Kibum, he's the president of that clothing brand Colonize, so it should pay we...." my voice trailed off when Jinki paled when I mentioned Kibum. For a brief moment I saw something else behind Jinki's frustration with me. I saw hurt, anger and disgust. I saw hatred. It passed as quickly as it had appeared but I knew I wasn't mistaken. "Oh okay then" Jinki responded although he seemed to be lost in his thoughts.

While we cleared dishes later that night, my mind was racing, all I could think about was why Jinki looked so angry when I mentioned Kibum. Did they know each other somehow, I shook the thoughts. I looked over at Jinki now resting on the couch flipping the channels as I left for my bedroom .I'd known Jinki for almost 3 years now, he was to nice of a person to even hate anybody. My imagination was simply getting the best of me.

--------------------

As I lay on the couch mindlessly flipping through the channels only one thing was on my mind.

Kim Kibum.

It seemed that he was still alive after all these years.


ALRIGHT, SO BEFORE YOU HATE ME FOR NOT UPDATING FOR LIKE A WHILE NOW I CAN EXPLAIN.

I had exams, summerschool, and alot going on im my personal life so I wasn't really writing BUT i'm back. 

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO DIDN'T UN-SUSCRIBE. You are all DAEBAK. Thank you once again.

By the way have you seen the Juliette MV.

DAE ING BAK, KIM ING JONGHYUN IS JUST HNNNNNNG. (guess you can tell who my bias is huh?)

*ovaries exploded*

Anyway, enjoy this chapter, kind of a filler but important.

Please leave comments, Comments are ♥.