Unexpected Meeting

The Bodyguard & His Boss

The piercing sound of fine china against the cold hard floor echoed throughout the cafe. The whole room was filled with silence as dozens of eyes watched the clumsy waiter flutter around the mess he had created.

Aish. I ran in circles trying to clean up the mess before the manager came, this was my third job this month and I didn’t want to get fired again. I heard loud footsteps behind me as the manager marched towards me and yanked me by the ear into her office.

Sitting in the large bureau before me she motioned for me to do the same.

“Jonghyun.... ” she sighed rubbing her temples, frustration laced in her words.

“That’s the fifth time you’ve dropped plates. Expensive ones, I might add. You’ve gotten orders wrong, injured some of our customers,the list goes on and on."

"But-" I began, but was silenced when she put up her hand.

"Look.I’ve tried really hard to keep giving you chances but I’m going to have to let you go. ”

“But....”

“JONGHYUN. Just. Go. ” she commanded.

I walked out of the small cafe into the streets of Seoul headed home, I can’t believe I was so clumsy, but it wasn’t my fault the noona across the room was just so pretty, I couldn’t help it. I'm going to have to go job hunting again, Jinki expects me to pay my portion of the rent in our apartment.

As I to the next street I passed by an alleyway hearing grunts and moans coming from within it. I hesitated on whether to enter or not, weighing the pros and cons wondering if there might be some sort of serial killer in there. Eventually my curiosity won me over and I ended up walking into the pitch black alleyway. Seeing three black figures surrounding what looked to be a young girl lying on the ground, I approached and saw that they were kicking her and beating her up. I gasped.

One of the punks beating the girl turned as he had heard me, slowly approaching me.

"Well, well what do we have here?" he said, taking a step towards me with every word he muttered, cracking his knuckles. "Now, now we can't have you running to the police, you might tell them what you saw here, and we can't have that can we?"

The next thing I knew he quickly lunged at me and threw a punch at my face. I ducked and punched the guy in the face, and as he fell to his knees another two came swinging at me. I fought them off; it wasn’t that hard though they were all pretty scrawny.

“You know what this isn't even worth it. You can have him he’s all yours” One of the punks yelled as he and his gang ran off into the busy street.

Him?

WAIT, the person lying on the floor was a GUY?!

“Are you okay?” I asked as approached the now still body on the ground lying on his stomach unconscious, I knelt down for a better look and gently flipped the boy over onto his back. I gasped once more. No wonder I thought the person lying on the ground was a woman. Examining his features up close I could better see the way his face was perfectly shaped, with beautiful rosy heart-shaped lips in a slight pout if possible to top it off and such milky white skin as if he was made of porcelain. His jet black hair was streaked with plum framing his delicate face and his feline eyes.  He was beautiful. He was one of the most beautiful boys I had ever seen in my life.

If I wasn’t straight I definitely would.... I shook the thought away. I looked around for a wallet in hopes that it contained something I could use to find out who he was. No luck there. I stayed crouched there for a while pondering what to do. I couldn't just leave him there, what if those guys came back for him.

Guess I’ll just have to take him home with me. I picked the gorgeous man up bridal style and made my way home.