Impulse

The Bodyguard & His Boss

I heard the door creak faintly as someone opened it, entered and quickly shut it behind them. I didn’t have to look to see who it was, I already knew, it was routine for him to come into my room every night touch me and then pretend the next morning that nothing had happened. I pretended to be asleep even faking snores, hoping he would just leave me alone. I didn’t know what I had done to deserve this; he kept saying that this was normal, that this was how he showed me he loved me but I knew it wasn’t right.

I heard the floorboards moan with every step my father took towards me, the strong smell of alcohol that had become so familiar to me filling. “Kibum,” he whispered while gently shaking me. “...Kibum” he repeated once more. “I know you’re awake” he whispered again this time with a stern voice.  I rolled over and faced him and watched him sit on the edge of my bed. He began to my hair and I froze at his touch, with a sadistic smile on his face he said “ Why did you pretend to be asleep Kibum. I’m going to have to punish you for lying to me Kibum.”

“No... No p-please, I’m sorry, pl-please don’t.” My voiced touched out and high pitched as I couldn't control the tears escaping me.

“Sorry just won’t do Kibum” he whispered as he proceeded to pull down my pajama pants....


I woke up in a cold sweat panting heavily; it had been 3 years since he last did that to me yet every night it was the same thing, the same dream. A constant reminder of him.

After taking a few deep breaths I finally calmed down and noticed where I was.

NOT AT HOME, IN MY OWN BED THAT’S WHERE.

I rubbed my eyes and blinked a few times hoping that I would wake up in my own bed, in my own silk sheets, in my own penthouse. I slowly opened my eyes to find myself in the same place. No luck there. I tried to recollect any memories of last night but nothing came to mind.

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, groggily trying to stand up however I instantly collapsed on the floor shockwaves of pain cascading throughout my whole body. The hardwood wasn't helping either. I yelped in pain as I lay on the floor a disheveled mess. I heard mumbling from outside the door I didn’t feel worried or frightened at all, which I would think you would feel if you were waiting possibly what could be your death. I mean the chances of there being a serial killer on the other side of the door were pretty high right now. 

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT KIBUM YOU COULD DIE, NOW HIDE YOUR STUPID BEFORE YOU GET KILLED, a voice in my head-possibly my conscience-screamed. I heard footsteps approaching the door separating me from what could be my killer, and quickly attempted to crawl to the back of the room in hopes of hiding in the corner. The footsteps got louder and louder, the door creaked open and I was still in view as my legs were rendered useless. I squeezed my eyes shut and hoped that fate would be on my side for once.

After waiting for what seemed to be an eternity I felt a strong but gentle hand on my shoulder tenderly shaking me. “Are you okay?” a warm voice whispered laced with concern.

I slowly opened one eye then the other and found myself face to face with one of the most gorgeous guys I had ever met. His auburn hair and blonde bangs framed his slightly tan face and his y, really y jaw line. His warm chocolate brown puppy dog eyes bore into mine sending slight shivers down my spine.

I gave myself a mental slap. Snap out of it Kibum, you wake up in some y stranger’s house and all you can think about are his eyes. Really? What if he’s some kind of or psycho murderer? I slowly tried crawling backwards away from him “P-p-p-please don’t hurt me....p-please” I begged praying he’d take pity on me and let me go. I watched him as a look of confusion passed over his face as he tried to comprehend what was going on.

“What....OH.” he said finally comprehending the situation we were in, then he began to laugh. “Wait...Ahahahaha.....you think.....” he tried to explain between his fits of laughter. I waited for him to calm down, “I can see why you thought that I........ahahaha...anyway it’s just a big misunderstanding.” 

“You see what happened was, yesterday I was walking by the alleyway and I ended up seeing you being beat up, so I stepped in and helped you by the time I was done protecting you, you were unconscious. ”

WEELLLLLLLLLL...that makes much more sense, of course he isn’t a murderer. I felt slightly guilty for suspecting him but who could blame me. “Anyway, I carried you here since I didn’t want to leave you in the alleyway.” I turned scarlet red at the thought of him carrying me down the street for all to see.

 “You look hungry how about I get you some breakfast?”  The gorgeous man said while standing up. I simply nodded; I tried to do the same but once again my legs failed me sending back to the ground the pain even worse then before.

“Heh. Here let me help you.” He offered, and without even for my consent, he picked me up slung me over his shoulder carrying me into the other room, setting me gently down on a surprisingly soft cream couch. “Stay here” he commanded. As if I would actually even leave.You know because I can’t move. Not because I want to stay here. Because I don’t. I took the time to look around to examine the small apartment where I was, the room was small but cozy I sank into the soft cushions feeling relaxed and safe. It’s been a while since I’ve felt like this.

A few minutes later, he returned carrying a plate filled with commoner food.  I hesitated on whether to eat it or not, I was used to eating caviar omelettes for breakfast not this petty food. Walking to where I sat he set the food before me then turned to look at me expecting me to eat the food. Don’t give me those puppy dog eyes. I scooped up some of the sausage placed in front of me slowly eating eat. Hmmmm, not too bad.  I began to wolf down some more; I hadn’t expected to be this hungry.

“Ahem...” I looked up.

“HUH?” I said pieces of food flying out of my mouth. Smooth.

I quickly swallowed my food then turned my attention to him, allowing him to continue. “Anyway, since I did help you I think I should know at least who you are”.  I cleared my throat and began; “My name is Kim Kibum but my friends call me Key, anyw-”suddenly I was cut off. “Why do they call you Key that doesn’t make sense. ” He questioned.  Wow, he’s stupid. Cute but stupid. “Well my name’s Kim KIbum, get it”

“Oh, oooh that makes sense” he replied giggling a little. Cute. “Anyway, I’m the President of Colonize, the clothing brand and since we are expanding and are becoming an even bigger company I’ve had to hire some security since I’ve been getting people attacking me from other companies or just creepy stalkers, I guess yesterday I was separated from my bodyguard and ended up in that alley. That reminds me, when get into the office I’ll have to fire whoever let me get hurt. “Anyway, I’ve told you about me who are you?”

“Ah. I’m Kim Jonghyun, your savoir and the owner of this apartment, and i’m a student at Seoul Institute of the Arts and I’m majoring in music. ” Interesting. I looked up at the clock resting on the wall. “3pm...3PM”

“That’s what it says” he retorted.

“I knowth, but now I’ve missed my very important business meeting with one of my most valuable clients, I need to go. NOW” I got up, and ran to the door but I didn't even get halfway to the door my legs gave up on me sending me flying towards the floor. The next thing I knew I was in Jonghyun’s arms his toned, tanned, muscular oh so y arms. “You really should stop running away, but I don’t mind catching you” Jonghyun said flirtatiously. I turned scarlet red. “Here, why don’t you call someone to come pick you up, here’s my phone” he suggested setting me down on the couch once more.

I stayed there waiting for an hour for Taecyeon to come pick me up, watching Jonghyun do various things around the house. I really should thank him, for helping me out. Wait, I have a great idea.

“Jonghyun-ah?” I asked trying to show off my aegyo.

“Hmm..?”

“Anyway, I was wondering would you like to work for me?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"As my bodyguard.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T^T IM SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE SOONER I'M SUCH A BAD PERSON.SOORRYYYYYYYYYY.

anyway I made this chapter longer because I LOVE you all.

HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD JAY PARK'S SONG ABANDONED?????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxjeiPp5-DE

OH MY GOD.  honestly, I this song made me pregnant.

le fap

le

ANYWAY. stay tuned for more, will jonghyun say yes to key's offer?

(btw don't I at making chapter names LOL) and remember to comment guys.♥