1. New student, Kris' blood, and Tao's realization

Time till Red Snow

A/N: Sorry if short.

Title has been changed to Time till Red Snow.

If you didn't read my story feed, I announced that I will updating on Sundays!

 

There were rumors that a new student was coming. Male, senior, on a scholarship. I constantly heard people talking about him, some wanting to be friends and others trying to get him to join their ‘gang’. Kai mentioned him a few times but only because he was eavesdropping on Do Kyungsoo, a boy he’s had his eyes for since freshman year. He’s tall I heard, pretty handsome too. I shrugged the thought off, not like we’d be friends or anything.

I walked to first hour, Algebra II, with Kai. Me and Kai have the same classes, yet I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not. We got there with about ten minutes to spare, an apple in my mouth and a banana in his.

“Hey Tao, look.” I looked over at Kai just to see him the banana and wink at me.

“What the are you doing?” Kai snorted out his nose and choked on the fruit, laughing.

“Ok ok, calm down Tao. Just messing with you!” Kai continued to laugh, finishing the rest of his banana and throwing it in the trash. “So anywho, I heard the new student’s first day is today.”

“Kai, why do you keep talking about him? You know I don’t care.” I rested my left cheek on my hand, a bored expression on my face.

“Well Kyungsoo talks about him a lot, now a days. I’m afraid that my baby will fall for him! And that’s where you come in! You have to steal his heart so he doesn’t look at my Kyungie!” Kai sprawled his arms over his desk, exaggerating his heartache.

“Um, 1. You should know that I’m practically aual. 2. What the . And 3. I honestly don’t know what you liking Kyungsoo has done to you.”

“Aw c’mon Tao! You’re freaking hot! You can get any guy you want!” Kai flailed his arms up and I laughed at him.

“How do you even know I’m gay?” I questioned, raising my eyebrow at him.

“Yeah ok, whatever Tao. Not like I don’t hear you ing and probably yourself.” I felt my face heat up and I punched Kai extremely hard in the shoulder.

“I was joking Tao! Well now that you’re getting all defensive, I guess I’m right!” Kai laughed as he saw me cover my face.

“Shut up you .” I growled at him as he kept laughing, slapping his hand on his thigh.
The bell rang and I sighed in relief. I could still hear Kai laughing so I turned around and glared at him. He quit after the teacher scolded him. I felt so embarrassed. I hope that Kai was really joking because.... Anyways! Today was an easy day. Just going over how to indicate operations, inverse of functions, and expressions in exponential and radical forms. The class ended fairly quickly. We packed our bags and quickly went to the locker room to change into dancing clothes.

The locker rooms are usually empty when we get there, so we change in ease and walk into class. A few minutes of stretching together, the whole class piles in. There’s about, maybe, thirty people in this class. It’s an all boy dance class, hip hop-centric. Normally the class dances (some just stand and talk) for about twenty minutes as a warm-up but the teacher comes in and stops us before we start. He makes us sit in a circle and groan a little, seating myself closely to Kai. Kyungsoo on his other side, and I’m pretty sure Kai forced him to sit there.

Someone walks in and I choke on my spit. I watch him closely as he introduces himself, Kris is his name. He walks towards me and I panic. He sits next to me, thighs close to mine. I can feel the heat from his body and I would love to do nothing but push him away. The room is pretty crowded, so I hold my comments in and scoot closer to Kai.

The teacher announces that we’re going to buddy up and do a dance project together, I groan out loud. When the teacher says to go find a partner, I turn to my right to see Kai holding onto Kyungsoo’s wrist. He’s begging him to be his partner, but I see Kyungsoo try to go towards Kris. Kai pleads me with his eyes and I mentally note to myself that he’ll get it later.

“Kris right? My name is Tao, let’s be partners.” I reach out my hand towards Kris and he takes it, smiling.

“Nice to meet you.” He doesn’t really let go of our hands and I cough awkwardly.

“And me to you.” I smile back, sighing a little in relief when he finally lets go.

The rest of class is spent in awkwardness, basically standing next to each other and trying to talk. There’s a lot of people that come up to Kris to talk to him. He looks back at me, reluctant to go but I tell him I’m fine. In all honesty, I thanked the heavens that he left. There was never anyone who had blood that appealed to me. There was never even any blood that made my mouth water. But Kris? I had to fist my hands to force myself to calm down and not jump him. I had to keep my mouth closed because my fangs were appearing and I never felt this way before. Truthfully, I was scared out of my wits. I’ve never had anything like this happen to me. But I didn’t want to go to Kai, Suho, or Lay about this...

The class ended with me running towards the locker room without Kai.

“Hey, why’d you leave me?” Kai punched me in the arm, pouting as he changed his clothes.

“It awkward in there with Kris, kind of wanted to get out of there.” I said.

“Oh my god, thank you Tao. My Kyungie was about to head over there and you saved my life! I had to beg him to be with me, beg him Tao. Beg.” Kai exaggerates with his arms and I laugh.

“Maybe he really doesn’t like you, idiot. Now hurry, I’m hungry.” I walk out of the locker room, Kai groaning and complaining next to me.

Me and Kai grab a quick lunch and eat a table together. Since we’ve been here, I’ve noticed that Kai is pretty popular. I’ve missed a lot of school days and I bet that once I’m gone that’s when everyone talks to Kai. I feel guilty for stripping Kai of friends but he always assures me that he only needs me. And of course Kyungsoo’s love. I shrug it off but sometimes it really gets to me.

I finish lunch as Kai talks to a senior from our dance class. I excuse myself to go to the restroom and Kai offers to come with me but I tell him that I’ll be fine. I walk to the restrooms, hoping inside that nobody’s there. I spoke too soon as I turned the corner to the restroom. Seven guys wait there for me, snickering at me.

“Kai-oppa isn’t here to save you, huh?” The leader says, stepping closer to me.

I inhale and count to three, looking quickly around me to see if there’s an escape. I make a run for it but someone grabs me and pushes me up against the wall.

“Trying to run away? You did that last week, we won’t forgive you our dear Tao.” Before I can say anything, the person punches me in the jaw. I grab onto his arm, trying to remove them from my shirt but it only fuels him more.

I feel like a as they kick me over and over again. They take turns to hit me in the face, straddling me and making my face a home for their fists. I groan out loud, the pain absolutely excruciating.

I don’t know how long it’s been, it’s probably been only 15 minutes before I open my eyes and see Kris in front of the restroom door. His eyes are wide, I can see that he’s shocked. I reach out my hand towards him, trying to do god only knows what. I see him look at my outstretched hand but not do anything but stare.
I’m lifted up by my collar, my legs feeling like jelly. The leader of the group gives me one last punch before throwing me to the ground, spitting in my face.

“You better think again before you try to run from us, ing stupid piece of .” I moan loudly in pain when the last person of the group kicks me before heading towards the cafeteria.

I look back to the restroom to see no one there and I laugh quietly. Of course he wouldn’t help. Of ing course no one would ing help me. How could I even think for one second that he or anyone would help me? I’m just a stupid piece of , I should’ve.... I shouldn’t have been saved that day. Tears spill down as I try to get up. A choked sob escapes my throat when I realize I can’t move my body at all. The side of my face meets the cold ground and I sigh heavily.

How could I give myself hope, that someone would care about me?