Part II: The Host

Only One

Both Kai and Suho felt odd being on earth.

 

"Human bodies are so weak." Kai complained

 

"Well, it's all we have to work with," Suho replied.

 

It was the dead of night in Seoul, very few people were out.

 

"Perhaps it would be best that we found some place to stay while we're on earth."

 

Suho suggested.

 

Kai nodded in agreement

 

"Teleportation does take alot out of you, and we can learn human customs from our host."

 

So both young men walked down the strrets of Seoul in the middle of the night searching for

 

someone to take them in or for the pure heart.

 

While they were exploring, they had to help several humans from one another, being mugged

 

attacked or even murdered.

 

"No wonder the Elders said there is no hope for them, they kill their own kind!"

 

Kai said disdainfully.

 

"Look over there!" Suho pointed towards a girl around their age,

 

being surrounded by a group of men.

 

She looked around frantically for some route of escape.

 

She then caught eyes with Kai.

 

Kai had never seen eyes like hers. 

 

They were like the night sky, they seemed filled with endless shining stars.

 

Kai snapped out of his revirie when he saw a man approach the girl with a knife.

 

Kai ran over and slammed the man tackling him to the groud, 

 

Suho took care of the other men and soon they were all gone.

 

The girl bowed, "Thank you for helping me."

 

"I'm just glad you're safe." Suho said smiling, there was something about this girl that drew him in.

 

"No prob-" Kai's words were cut off when he winced in pain.

 

When he had tackled the man, his knife stabbed Kai in the ribs, leaving a nasty gash.

 

The girl gasped.

 

"I-I'll call an ambulance," Suho stopped her before she could dial the number.

 

"We'd rather you not, could we just get some medical supplies from you house?"

 

"A-Alright," she agreed hesitantly.

 

The girl, whos's name was Hwang Min Ji led them back to her home.

 

Suho noticed that there were no other relatives living with this girl, he wanted to ask why.

 

Min Ji helped bandage Kai's wound and let him rest in the spare bedroom.

 

She and Suho had a cup of tea while Kai was resting.

 

"So you are...?" she inquired

 

Suho breifly thought of a name, "Uhm....uh...Kim ...Joon.....Myun" he said. 

 

"Oh, I see nice to meet you, and that man is..."

 

Suho tapped into Kai's mind, a skill he learned from LuHan.

 

Kai we need earth names, I already said I was Kim JoonMyun, what's yours?

 

He asked his friend frantically

 

Say I'm your brother! Kim JongIn! 

 

Kai replied.

 

"Oh, he's uhm....my younger brother, JongIn." Suho replied.

 

"I see..." 

 

"May I ask why those men were after you?"

 

Suho was a bit concerned, and he also needed to divert the conversation from himself and Kai.

 

"Oh, they're just the local gang that run this part of town." she replied.

 

Suddenly an idea came to Suho,

 

MinJi could be their host, in exchange for protection from the gang members.

 

"MinJi-sshi, I know this may be a bit sudden, but my brother and I have just arrived in Seoul,

 

and we have no place to stay, no money or any belongings, that's why we were out so late.

 

Anyway, if you could be so kind as to let us stay with you for a while until we can stand on our own

 

two feet, we could offer you protection against this gang."

 

Suho knew it was preposterous to ask this of a total stranger, but what choice did he have?

 

Especially with Kai injured.

 

MinJi stared into her tea cup thoughtfully.

 

After a few moments of consideration she finally replied.

 

"Yes, of course you can stay, I am in your debt because of your brother."

 

Suho smiled.

 

"Thank you, you are very kind Minji-sshi."

 

Perhaps there was hope for these humans. Suho thought