The Sound of Rain

The Sound of Cicadas

 

Himchan’s anxious and pained breathes were snagged in his throat, both his and Yongguk’s attention abruptly turned to the slamming noise in the shower. It sounded like dead weight crashing to the tile. To Himchan’s horror, Jongup flung open the door screaming Zelo’s name, but stopped short, his eyes his wide in shock, when he found Yongguk with Himchan pressed against the mirror and on the counter . Jongup’s eyes were glazed and wide, trying to pull his attention from his hyungs. Yongguk’s arms that were hooked under Himchan’s thighs dropped to his sides and he shamefully hung his head.

Through the shock of it all Jongup managed to recall why he had launched himself off the couch and stumbled into the bathroom. He snarled looking away from his two elders and flung open the shower curtain. Just as he thought Zelo lay curled in a ball, his forehead scrapped and bleeding, the bruising already blooming at his temple.

“Zelo…Junhong….Junhong-ah…” Jongup gripped his friend’s shoulder tightly shaking him fiercely.

“Zelo?” Yongguk’s voice wavered between distress and confusion, with a slight hint of panic.

“He was showering you…” Jongup fought his words and bit his lip rather than spilling out a long line of vicious profanities.

“I thought…”

“I did too…”

“Guess you both thought wrong huh?” Jongup didn’t look away from Zelo’s unconscious body, but his burning glare was evident in his voice. The vile hatred slithered from his teeth, but it made no sense to Yongguk or Himchan. Himchan though it was quite out of character for the young dancer to be so angry, I mean no one wants to walk in on their hyungs, but he didn’t need to be so angry about it. Unless….

“Hyung…I lo-“

Oh god. Oh please no, not Jongup…. Not young, youthful and handsome Jongup. Please don’t be in love with me.

Himchan’s brain wracked over the reality that his little Jongup may in fact be in love with him. It scared Himchan, but also made him feel violently sick to his stomach.

“Jongup-ah”

“Don’t”

“Jong-“

“I said don’t…Someone just help me carry Zelo to his bed…” Jongup growled low, his hand reaching for the faucet and shutting off the scolding water that pelted Zelo’s pale skin.

“What’s going on…” As if the god of humor himself was playing with them, Yoo Youngjae strolled into the bathroom to investigate the commotion.

“What in the hell is going on?” Youngjae’s eyes darted from Yongguk’s half body which now at least his lower half was wrapped in a towel, then to Himchan, whose face was laced in sweat and he had managed to cover himself too, but seemed unable to move one inch. Finally Youngjae spotted a very , and bleeding Zelo, who was unconscious in the base of the shower, with a startled and angry Jongup trying to stir him awake.

“I’ll explain later hyung…help?” Jongup shot Youngjae a begging look, and Youngjae didn’t argue with the younger one whose voice dropped to a solemn and barely audible plead. Youngjae shoved past their leader and snatched a towel to drape over the maknae while they tried to carefully carry him to his bed.

 

“Why….why am I…”

“Junhong! I mean…Zelo!” Jongup jumped from his seat beside Zelo’s head.

“yah?” He squinted trying to focus on his best friend who leaned forward, embracing him roughly.

“What’s going on…and why am I ? In bed?” Zelo looked down to see himself covered in just a mere bath towel.

“You went unconscious in the shower”

The shower. Right…ugh not the noises again.

Zelo groaned remembering what he heard before he fainted.

“Did you find me?” Zelo’s thought then travelled to Jongup. Lord if he walked in on their hyungs… his heart… Himchan….no please.

“Yeah” His voice was dead, like a bird with no song. No.

“Jonguppie hyung… you didn’t”

“I saw Zelo…it’s ok” Jongup’s lips turned in a small grin but his eyes became more drained with each fake smile he forced upon himself.

“No you aren’t”

“Jongup-ah?” Himchan’s low voice interrupted them; Zelo looked up at Himchan with weary eyes, Jongup’s eyes averted to his palms facing up in his lap.

“Can I talk to you Jongup-ah?”

His eyes looked to Zelo, scared and frightened more than angry now. Zelo nodded closing his eyes and grabbing Jongup’s hand. Go.

“Yes” Jongup stood, leaving Zelo’s bedside and walked straight past Himchan in the doorway. Himchan looked back to Zelo before following the younger one.

Oh Kim Himchan I hope you get what you deserve.

Zelo thought to himself silently before dozing off into a pleasant sleep, preferably an undisturbed one.

 

“Jongup-ah…I’m so sorry” Himchan spoke quietly shutting the glass balcony door behind them; he looked at Jongup pressed to the wall of the building to stay under the lip of the roof, avoiding the rain.

“What for?”

“For what you saw” Himchan whispered, choking on his words as tears swelled in his eyes.

“Sorry for me, or sorry for what you did?”

“Look…I should have told you about Yongguk and I” Himchan stammered closer to Jongup, reaching out for him, Instead Jongup just pulled away.

“You didn’t have to, that’s between you and hyung” Jongup shrugged his shoulder facing away from Himchan entirely.

“but you love me…” Himchan stepped close to Jongup, this time close enough to rest his chin on Jongup’s broad shoulder and so his hands could cup Jongup’s arms.

“I never said that!” Jongup shouted, flinging Himchan off him. Himchan stumbled colliding with the balcony raining, the rain poured down on him, soaking him within a few seconds of exposure.

“You almost did” Himchan looked up at Jongup through his fringe that dripped water down his face and lips.

“Almost…”

“Why didn’t you?”

“You went back to Yongguk hyung” Jongup hissed, feeling slapped in the face by an invisible hand of betrayal.

“Oh…”

“Yeah… Oh hyung, you have nothing to say! Nothing to me… you don’t love me so why should you care that I’m hurt?” Jongup felt his anger boiling at the brim, stalking closer to Himchan, the rain pounding down in his steaming cheeks, chilling him to the bone.

“Because-“

“Because why Kim Himchan!?” Jongup dismissed formalities to his hyung, abandoning respect. He knew full well no matter how angry he was at this man, he should show respect but he couldn’t conjure the respect to show this man…this man he loved.

“Because-“

“You have no reason HIMCHAN! None!” Jongup was now pressed against Himchan, gripping the collar of his shirt, and speaking through his clenched teeth. His eyes crinkled and his brows pressed together, knuckles turning stark white from how tight his fist were balled, but he didn’t notice. All he noticed was the astonishing shame that tainted Himchan’s otherwise perfect complexion. Himchan’s head dropped and a silent sob coursed through the elder male. It was accompanied by many other sobs, the tears streaming from Himchan’s tightly shut eyes blurred with the rain drops that ran down his cheekbones.

“Himchan… Himchan hyung…I…I’m sorry”

“No please don’t apologize… please Jongup-ah, let me be hurt” Himchan groaned, his words violently interrupted by the sobs rocking his body.

“But… I don’t want to hurt you…” Jongup’s tone was soft and light. His grip on Himchan’s collar loosened and his hand hands pulled up to Himchan’s face, cupping his cheek, forcing his elder to look him in the eyes.

Locking eyes, Jongup could see the regret and pain that haunted Himchan. Himchan studied Jongup’s eyes, soft and compassionate as if he wasn’t the one who was hurting.

“Hyung…” Jongup opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. Looking over Himchan’s pained face he pulled himself to him, crashing their lips together in a gentle and moist kiss.

The rain dripped from their hair and onto one another’s face, Himchan’s hands gliding up to grasp Jongup’s wrist, but one hand laid on Jongup’s cheek gentle running his thumb over his cheek, tenderly touching the younger one.

Everything was drowned out but their heartbeats and the sound of rain. 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I would being lying to say I did not tear up a but at the end. I teared up over my own story... I can only imagine what this did to you HimUp shippers. I really hope you all liked this chapter, I think I will have 1 or 2 more chapter before this is finished. So please anticipate and don;t forget to subscribe to this story or friend me! Authornim loves you all and Thank You!!!!