So You're Going to Believe that Hag?

My Life Begins with You

 

 

 

 

Hye Mi was sitting in her car that was parked outside of Bliss. She was on the phone with one of her friends when she spotted Kang Joo and Ha Kyung coming down the street. She was secure with her relationship with Nam Soon for he never really mentioned Ha Kyung before but just a few stories here and there. But she couldn’t help but wonder what kind of history they had when they were in school together. When she first met Ha Kyung she got this vibe from her; she was for sure Ha Kyung had a thing or had a thing with Nam Soon. The curiosity was killing her. She had to play nice and find out. And if her suspension were right about Ha Kyung, Hye Mi had to kill any chance of them being together for Nam Soon belonged with her.

“Hey Ha Kyung,” Hye Mi ran up to the girls smiling but Kang Joo wasn’t buying her overly friendly attitude

“Oh I really don’t like this girl,” Kang Joo whispered to Ha Kyung

“I wanted to apologize for my behavior yesterday. It was totally rude,” Ha Kyung was surprised

“Well thank you,”

“I just love Nam Soon so much you know. I just get really protective of him,”

“I can understand that,”

“You can!” Kang Joo was surprised Ha Kyung was buying her fake attitude

“I can…” she turned to Kang Joo, “But…” she turned back to Hye Mi, “That doesn’t excuse anything. I know you care about Nam Soon but how you treated us was totally inappropriate. I mean you don’t even know us and you were judging us and…”

“Wow I didn’t ask for a lecture,” Hye Mi now realized it was going to be hard to be nice to her

“Well you need manner lessons,” said Kang Joo

Hye Mi glared at Kang Joo but turned to talk to Ha Kyung, “Now I remember you. Nam Soon was telling me about this girl in his school that was always bossing him around and being a big bore. Wow he described you to a tee. I just didn’t put two and two together,”

“What are you talking about?”

“Nothing,” she tried to walk away

“No,” Kang Joo grabbed her arm to stop her, “You start something like that, you finish it,”

“It’s just I was trying to remember where I heard your name from Song Ha Kyung; Nam Soon used to tell me stories about you guys from your high school days. And he would always say the same thing to me, “I like her but she’s really a throne in my side. I’m only nice to her because sometimes she does things for me to help me get out of trouble. You see Nam Soon didn’t want to hurt your feelings. He didn’t want to be a rude boy,”

“You’re lying. He liked me in school. We were friends,”

“Were you really? How come he never contacted you for two years?”

“We were both busy. We already established that. We had a big laugh yesterday,”

“I know. He was busy with me but I do remember one time you contacted him but he didn’t return the message. It was your birthday. He was supposed to send you a gift but it didn’t come,” she was smiling

“How did you know about that?”

“I told you. We’ve talked about you. Nam Soon is just saving face. So instead of getting hurt, just stay away from him. He’s not who you think he is,” she finally walked away from the girls

Ha Kyung was frozen. She couldn’t breathe. It felt like her chest was caving in and she couldn’t run. This whole time it was a lie. Nam Soon was a wonderful actor. She quickly wiped the tear from her face.

“Surely you don’t believe that hag,”

“I don’t know,”

“It’s lies. She just doesn’t want you to be with him. She’s one of those girls who would do anything to keep her man. It’s pathetic really; instead of just trusting him. I mean he seems like he really likes her so we know he won’t cheat on her…”

“Kang Joo stop talking. You can’t tell anyone about this,”

“I’m going to tell Nam Soon that he’s girlfriend is being a witch to you,”

“Why? So they can laugh and talk about me later. No don’t,”

“I don’t believe her for one second…”

“Kang Joo just drop it. He’s with her now and I need to get over him. He’s not the Nam Soon I thought he was,”

“What about the boys. They’ve always said good things about him. What? Their opinions don’t count,”

“Maybe he was hiding this from them,”

“Oh come on,”

“Not a word Kang Joo. We’re going to be late for work,”

When the girls arrived to work Nam Soon and Hye Mi were laughing and kissing each other while Ji Hoon and Jung Ho were taking orders, Yi Kyung was behind the counter mixing drinks and Heung Soo was at the cash register.

“Good morning girls,” said Jung Ho

Nam Soon looked up at Ha Kyung but she refused to look at him. He thought she was embarrassed about last night and he wanted her to know she didn’t need to be.

“Ha Kyung,” her stomach turned to knots as she was made to face him, “Are you ok?”

“Like you care?”

“What?”

“Nothing I’m fine. Can I get right to work?”

Nam Soon was put off by her sudden coldness to him. Heung Soo noticed she looked as if she was going to cry so he stepped in.

“Ha Kyung is going to do the register with me Nam Soon,” he smiled at his friend as he was trying to cut the tension

“Ok that’s fine,” he let them go as he went back to Hye Mi, “Hey babe so I’ll see you later,”

“Honey I just want to point out that Ha Kyung is your employee now. I mean I know you guys were somewhat friends…”

“We are friends,”

“And maybe that’s the problem. Her attitude . You were nice enough to give her this job and she was rude to you just now. I mean people get comfortable because they are friends…” Nam Soon eyes furrowed and she knew she should stop talking, “I just want you to have the best,”

“She’ll be the best,” he smiled

“I hope you’re right,” she kissed him, “Love you,”

“Love you too,”

Heung Soo looked at Ha Kyung.

“I’m fine. You can stop looking at me now,”

“I think it’s going to kind of hard,” she faced with a frown on her face, “You’re gorgeous,” she smiled at his statement

Nam Soon saw their exchange and frowned again. How come she was so cold with him but so warm with Heung Soo? Why did he care though? He was with Hye Mi and he loved her. Right?

 

The day went by very quickly and they got a lot of customers. They were all sitting at the table drinking drinks as Nam Soon and Heung Soo were closing up the store.

“I can’t believe we start school tomorrow,” said Kang Joo

“Can you guys give us your school schedules so we can plan accordingly?” asked Yi Kyung

“We will,” smiled Ha Kyung

“It’s going to be weird having three of you guys going to school,” said Jung Ho

“Who else is going to school?” asked Kang Joo

“I am. I got into S University,” Ji Hoon smiled at the girls

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Ha Kyung playfully punched his arm

“I wanted it to be a surprise,”

“Well we are surprised alright. Wow we all are going to the same school,” said Kang Joo

“Maybe we’ll have some classes together,” Ha Kyung wiggled her eyebrows at Kang Joo, Jung Ho noticed as he focused in on Kang Joo who was blushing

“Well you guys did great today,” said a smiling Nam Soon

Ha Kyung started smiling at him then remembered her predicament and instantly frowned. Nam Soon noticed and decided to confront her.

“Well good night guys. I have a early day tomorrow,” said Ji Hoon

“We all do,” said Yi Kyung

“Yeah good night hyungs,” said Jung Ho as Kang Joo and Heung Soo followed them out

Nam Soon quickly grabbed Ha Kyung.

“Can I talk to you for a moment?”

“No I have to get up early too,” she yanked her arm away

“Are you ok?”

“You already asked me that and I said I was fine. How many times do I have to say it?” she folded her arms

“You’re right, I’m sorry,” he sighed and looked at his feet

“Is there anything else boss?”

“Are we cool?” he worried she was still embarrassed about last night

“You’re my boss; I’m your employee,”

“No not like that? Look I know last night wasn’t ideal, I mean you kissing Heung Soo while you were drunk…”

“I thought it was perfect,” she was mad at him still; having found out from your girlfriend that you two talked about someone behind their backs and then he tries to act like he cares about your well being. It’s insulting. Why did he care so much about her when he was just playing her?

“What!” he was shocked

“I totally enjoyed it. He enjoyed it too when he came back to the apartment,”

“What do you mean?”

“Well he didn’t just drop me off at our place and left. We totally got it on but he was such a gentleman he stopped before things got out of hand,”

Nam soon was floored. So they both liked each other. So know more than ever he had to accept he has truly lost his chances with Ha Kyung.

“So are you guys together?”

“No…not yet,” she sighed loudly, “Are we done? I have to go home?”

“Yeah, good night,” Nam Soon felt total defeat