Chapter 5

Victor & I

Victor's P.O.V 

My heart was beating rapidly in my chest. I was surprised that no one could hear it, because I certainly could. I tried to keep my head down and concentrate on eating my meal, but I couldn't help myself from looking up every now and again, just to get a glimpse of her. I couldn't hear what the guys where saying any more; my mind had become a world of it's own.

I got up from my chair and approached Michelle. I smiled at her as I sat across from her, not bothering to wait for an invitation. "Remember me?" I asked, still smiling. She returned my smile with one of her own. It was beautiful, just like her.

"Of course I do, we met about an hour or so ago," she chuckled at her reply. Of course she would remember me, seeing as we just met today. I cleared my throat, trying to hide my embarrassment. "So anyway," she continued, breaking me from my thoughts, "what brings you here? You stalking me now?" She chuckled again, how cute.

"Would you like it if I said yes?" I grinned at her. This was going pretty good.

"Well, I can't say I would be complaining..." she said quietly as she blushed and looked down. This made me smile even more.

"Well seeing as you just love me being around you...would you like to maybe go out with me sometime?" I held my breath, hoping she would say yes. There was an awkward silence as I waited for a reply.

"Like a...date?"

"Exactly." I held her hand, and smiled at her again, trying to mentally tell her to say yes.

"Sure. Does Friday sound good?"

"It sounds perfect. Meet me her at 8 o'clock. See you then, and don't be late!" I winked at her as I walked away. She shyly smiled and looked down, blushing again. She was too cute when she was shy, I loved it when she blushed. I went back over and sat down with the guys, returning to my meal. I was in a much happier mood.

"DUDE!" I jumped as Dom's voice snapped me out of my daydream.

"What?" I asked, irritated that he had interrupted me from my daydream. Wait, that was a daydream?! COME ON!!! I sighed and looked at Dominic.

"I've been trying to get your attention for the past 5 minutes! What's up with yo mind fool?!" I couldn't help but laugh at the expression he had on his face. Lucky for me, he joined in with my laughter.

"Sorry bro, guess I was just distracted."

"Yeah, I could see that!" He chuckled as he shook his head, "Did it have something to do with that girl over there?"

"What?! No! Why would you ask that?!"

"Oh really?" He smirked at me. I mentally slapped myself. You idiot! How could you be so obvious?! I kept on abusing myself like this until Dominic piped up again.

"You know...you should just go and ask her out. I mean, the worst she could do is say no, right?" That's exactly the point...

"I don't know...I mean, do you really think she would go for me?"

"Sure, why not! You're a great guy Victor, any girl would be lucky to have you." I smiled at his words of encouragement.

"Thanks man. You know what, I think I'll give it a shot! The worst she can say is no, right?" He patted me on the back as a sign of encouragement.

"That's the spirit! Now get over there!" He practically pushed me out of my seat. I gathered myself together, and slowly walked over to her. My heart was beating faster with every step I took. What if she says no? What if she laughs at you? What if you say something stupid, or offending? What you make a fool of yourself? For god sakes stay sane...I tried to reason with my mind as I finally reached her. I stood there for a few seconds, until she realised that there was someone standing next to her, waiting for her attention. She looked up, and I swear my heart stopped. Her eyes were a hazel brown, glistening with knowledge and innocence.

"Um..uh...hi..." Oh you're such an idiot. Just go and jump off a freaking building already! Aish!