HOW DID I END UP HERE?

Talk to me Miss Sassy

 

“Just one day Chaelin”

 

Is what they were telling me since I woke up with my dad pushing me out of the house and Dara dragging me out. How sweet for my dad and best friend, right? I never had the chance to even complain. Dara already picked my outfit yesterday from my closet with my dad sneaking her in my room. The moment she arrived it was like a whirlwind of shouting, cursing and me throwing a fit.

 

We arrived at the Seoul subway after another moment of grief mostly on my part and on Dara’s being the object of my tormenting pinch.

 

“Jagi!!!!!!!!!” Dara’s booming voice woke me up of my mourning trance as she ran to Jiyong-oppa and hugged each other like they’d been separated for a century rather than days.

 

I forgot how cheesy they can get. Aigoo. This is bad.

 

“Chaerin-ah! I was so surprised when Dee told me you’re coming with us and you have a date? What happened to your undying love for Teddy-hyung?”

 

They approached me before I had the chance to escape. It is only then I noticed that they had a matching outfit, his and hers Mickey and Minnie mouse hoodie and a couple blue and pink sneakers. UGH.

 

“Aish jagi, stop” Dara warned him.

 

.

 

“THAT IS WHY YOU ARE NOT SAYING ANYTHING TO TEDDY-OPPA!!!!” I shrieked as I realized that one important matter. Teddy-oppa cannot and should not learn about this tiny hurdle before we get married, have cute babies and live happily.

 

“Promise me oppa you are not saying anything to him” I pleaded.

 

“Arasso, arasso” He ruffled my hair and I know he won’t tell, he adores me too much, “Anyway, where’s your date?”

 

Pshhh. What date? This is not a date. I am calling it a-forced-appointment-so-I-can-skip-prison-food. I hate the idea that I’m having a date with that stupid guy. If I had my breakfast I would’ve vomited it already. For me this is officially not a date.

 

“Let’s just go okay. We’ll be meeting him there.”

 

My eyes widen if it’s even capable when I laid my eyes on Seungri. OMAYGAHD! He did just not! Is he really trying my patience?

 

WHAT THE ARE YOU WEARING?

 

“This is not the response I hoped for and I was trying to impress you. You seemed to like it a lot the last time so I wore it again. Do you not like it?”

 

“YOU THINK?” I screeched and I don’t care if I’m making a scene in front of Lotte World, in front of unsuspecting families and couples lining up for a magical day of fun. Why is he wearing that Star Trek uniform again?

 

“Well and that I am already stunningly attractive you should be thankful I agreed going out with you. I disguised myself so you won’t get jealous when girls started ogling at me.”

 

“I AG… AGREED?” I am too stunned to form a coherent retort. Who does he think he is?

 

“Yes, I know you were dying for this day to come.” He grinned.

 

“How the hell did you assume that?”

 

“I can feel it.” Seungri winked at me.

 

freedom! I’ll learn to enjoy prison food. I cannot go through this the whole day.

 

I AM GOING HOME!!!!!!” The cheesy couple snapped when I started walking away.

 

“Chaerin-ah stop… stop… Jagi!!! Call Teddy-oppa!!!” Dara panicked. I knew they’ll use Teddy-oppa on some way.

 

“Dara, I am not going in there with him wearing that. No, let me rephrase that. I am not going in there with him.”

 

“Can you at least reconsider? Please? We will not go inside if you’re going home alone.”

 

“Just go. Don’t worry about me okay. You already planned this ahead. Don’t waste the day”

 

“No, we won’t leave you here”

 

“Will it help if he changed his clothes?” Jiyong-oppa suggested.

 

I sighed. I knew I cannot escape this situation. I don’t want them wasting their day because of me or ruining it because of that stupid guy testing my patience and destroying my peace.

 

Seungri cleared his throat. “Well I guess if I she agrees to wear a couple shirt with me. We can buy something inside”

 

“NO WAY!!!!!” I almost puked.

 

“Chaerin-ah…” Dara pleaded and almost cried but I know she’s faking it. I sighed defeated.

 

“That is for your sake woman. If they see our matching outfit ladies will back off” Seungri flashed a salacious grin before walking away.

 

“PLEASE RESTRAIN ME!!! I AM GONNA KILL THAT BASTARD!!!”

 

My prince. My princess. This must be the most revolting thing I ever wore in my entire life. Ugh. I shivered as I studied the curving lines that connect if we stand together. I wanted to puke. I’ll find a sharpie later to cross out the prince and change it to slave. My slave. Perfect!

 

“I already mapped out the best rides and scheduled our breaks. This is going to be fun!” Jiyong-oppa seemed excited for this day. I cannot back out now.

 

The day appeared to be normal and I couldn’t be more thankful. We jumped from one ride to another the whole day. Seungri was pre-occupied observing every ride like it’s his first time which is silly, a Korean at his age that had never visited Lotte World? Impossible.

 

The sun has set. Jiyong-oppa was trying to win a huge pink bunny stuffed toy for Dara while Seungri failed every target he aimed. I snickered.

 

“Stop now so you won’t embarrass yourself. I won’t accept it even if you win something”

 

“Who says it’s for you? It’s for Dara-noona” He glanced at me. He slammed the toy gun he’s holding. “Aish, why is this so hard?”

 

“Too bad. I would’ve accepted that small stuffed Panda. It looks like that’s the only thing you could win considering your skills and besides it looks like you.” I snickered.

 

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!” That’s the cue that the cheesy couple finally won the stuffed bunny. They were jumping up and down hugging each other as their prize was handed. Seungri left the booth defeated.

 

The last stop was a course around the Swan Lake, the supposed-to-be alone time Dara was talking about. If only I can skip this part…

 

“This is fun” Seungri was enjoying paddling the swan around the water course. “Hey! Paddle too or we won’t move forward”

 

“Is this your first time here?” I tried this ride before with Dara. I complied paddling so this ALONE TIME will end soon.

 

“Yes. I never knew Lotte World could be this fun.”

 

“You mean this is your first time here at Lotte World? Are you kidding me?” I shot him an incredulous look.

 

“I lived my entire life in Japan. I only moved here two weeks ago”

 

“But you’re Korean, right? I mean you can speak Korean fluently and you look like one. I would never think you’re a foreigner in this country.” And I never knew we would have a normal conversation and I would be interested knowing him.

 

“My dad is Korean and my late mother is half Korean-Japanese. I was born here then we moved there when I was two. We speak Korean at home.” He explained.

 

“Late mother? She died already? I’m sorry” My voice softened. I know how it feels like to not have your mother beside you. My heart clenched on the thought.

 

“Nah! It’s okay. It was a long time ago and she died when I was young. My dad remarried a few times already. That’s why I moved here. I don’t like my new step mom.”

 

“Why? Is she like an evil step mother?” I grinned. “So you moved here alone?”

 

He nodded. “I only know a few people here and I am very thankful you invited me today.”

 

I gave him my first sincere smile since we met. I can live with that thinking this day was not wasted. If only he could be this serious. Who knows we can be friends.

 

“Are you falling for me now? It’s okay I’m used to it.”

 

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT???” I shouted back. I knew he won’t last long!

 

“Don’t worry my princess. I find you adorable too.”

 

I am paddling the swan wildly now. We are almost done. “Please shut up”

 

“Why, my princess? You want this ride to end romantically? Okay” He started to lean as we bumped at the platform. Is he trying to kiss me? Is he that stupid?

 

I stood up before he would get any closer. I spotted the cheesy couple not far away hugging each other… again. As I was aiming to step on the platform Seungri stood up. The next thing I knew his arms was around me.

 

“What are you doing? Let go!” I squirmed. I pushed him hard and he stumbled backward. He lost balance that in panic he grabbed my arm. We were falling. I was coughing when I resurfaced above the water. It’s so damn cold. Jiyong-oppa and the staff helped me up first.

 

“I HATE YOUUUUU!!! DON’T YOU EVER GO NEAR ME AGAIN!!!” I yelled at Seungri as I was finally safe in the platform. I left not waiting for everyone.

 

Dara followed me and let me sit on one bench as she retrieves my bag while Jiyong-oppa buys a new set of clothes. I never knew this day would be more tragic than this. I sighed. What’s taking them so long? I shivered from the cold.

 

Seungri appeared on the other side. He was staring at me so I glanced away. He stood in front maintaining his distance. I looked up to tell him to leave me alone but was surprised instead. He had his arms extended holding the small stuffed Panda I pointed at the target booth. He looked wretched and still dripping wet. He played looking like this?

 

“I’m sorry” He waved the stupid stuffed Panda one more time.

 

I took it.