I THINK I’M STUPID FOR ACTUALLY DOING THIS

Talk to me Miss Sassy

 

“Hey be nice to me please”

 

I scowled at him. I was rummaging my dad’s closet for the most rug looking shirt that he might kept. I found none. My dad is a college professor so he mostly owns white shirts, button-ups, tweeds and slacks.

 

“Are you prolonging our moment together?” He smirked.

 

“Just don’t talk, okay?”

 

He blew a kiss at me before motioning that he’s zipping his mouth. I slammed my dad’s closet and moved on the drawers. Patience, Chae, patience.

 

“You are so cute when you’re angry, you know” I closed the drawer loudly and moved on the next one. Bingo.

 

“I hope it fits” My voice dripping with sarcasm. I threw one of my dad’s Star Trek uniform long sleeves with matching black tight fit jogging pants. I grinned.

 

“You wanna role play, eh?” He smirked. “Well, let’s see…”

 

“Yahhhhh!!! What are you doing?”

 

He was already half way removing his shirt. I immediately covered my eyes with my hands. For a thin guy, I did not expect him to have a six-pack. BUT THAT IS NOT THE POINT! Focus Chaerin!

 

“Changing my clothes, why?”

 

“There is a common bathroom I pointed outside. Were you not listening?”

 

“Well I thought I could use an audience, you know” He grinned, a disgustful malicious grin. I wanted to puke.

 

“Aisht” I slammed my dad’s door. I cannot deal with that .

 

Dad was preparing a meal when I arrived in the kitchen. I prepared the table set for dinner. Dad sits on one end while I seat on his side. Perfect. Just the TWO of us like always.

 

“Chae Rin-ah, add one plate for the young man. I invited him for dinner.”

 

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAT???” Aigo. Why is this happening? What did that moron do to my father? I did not approve of this!

 

“It’s the least I can do. He also said that you punched him in the face.” He shook his head in disapproval. I burst into laughter.

 

“That is not funny young lady.”

 

“I’m sorry dad” I bowed my head. BUT I STILL REGRET NOTHING. That guy deserves it.

 

“And when did you become this violent?”

 

“Your daughter has strong arms, Sir”

 

That Seungri guy arrived in the kitchen with a proud grin on his face, the Star Trek uniform snugging his body. And I am dying inside. He looked so embarrassing. I even disown my dad when he wears that outfit.

 

“Chae? Why did you give him that?” My dad rumbled.

 

“It’s okay, Sir. I am a fan. Unless it’s too valuable for you I understand.”

 

My dad’s face suddenly brightened, his face clearly showing too much elation. And I am already starting to regret this. This is bad.

 

“Nah! It’s okay. Come here son. You must be starving” He beamed.

 

“Son???” I screeched.

 

That Seungri guy winked at me.

 

Kill me now.

 

I was ignored by my own father on the whole duration of our dinner. He was talking animatedly with Seungri about the Enterprise, Klingons and Spock. Surprisingly, Seungri was not joking as he can keep up with my dad’s nerdy-ness. I thought he just pretended to get even at me.

 

“You want to see my collection after dinner?”

 

“Dad… it’s late” I warned.

 

“Sure, Sir!” Seungri grinned at me.

 

“Why date something like Seungri, Chaerin-ah” I choked on my food.

 

He is enjoying this. Damn this guy.

 

They left me alone as I cleared our dinner. I believe my dad’s touring him now on his Star Trek haven. I stayed in the living room as I wait for Dara. She got my bag. She lives only a street away.

 

“Thank you, Sir. I had fun!”

 

My dad and that moron emerged from the study.

 

“Ah, come visit me anytime. You are welcome in this home”

 

“Anytime?” Seungri glanced at me.

 

“Anytime” My dad patted his shoulder. .

 

Seungri cleared his throat, “Live long and prosper” and he made that famous Star Trek hand gesture. My dad greeted back and they both laughed. I rolled my eyes.

 

“I’ll get it” The door buzzed and I got on my feet immediately. Finally! A normal human!

 

“Chaelinnie, I brought your bag. What happened to you?” It’s Dara.

 

“Long story…” I sighed.

 

“Omo! Sir Lee!” Dara bowed. She got a class with my dad on her first semester and since then she calls him Sir Lee.

 

“Ms. Park” Dad acknowledged with a wave.

 

“Omo! He’s the guy earlier right?” Dara pointed at Seungri. “That’s why you ran away? Is he your suitor?” She poked my side grinning at me.

 

“HE IS A NOBODY!” I turned away.

 

“Heol… I thought we can double date this weekend. Jiyong-oppa and I are planning to visit Lotte World. I wanted to invite you but I know you hate being third wheel”

 

“Why not Chaerin?” My dad chided in.

 

He’s still here? I thought he went upstairs already!

 

“Your dad liked the idea, Chae. Yaaaaaaay! Come on it will be fun!” She poked my side again obviously amused with the situation.

 

“Ha-ha, funny Dara! But NO!”

 

“Is it okay, Sir?” This time it’s Seungri.

 

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???” My eyes widened as if it’s possible. Dara’s already shaking my hands in excitement.

 

“Of course I trust you son.”

 

“THAT IS NOT THE POINT DAD. AND WHY ARE YOU CALLING HIM SON?”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Aish…… NO! I don’t want to go. I don’t want to see with this guy again… Ever!”

 

Seungri has an evil smirk plastered on his face. I am obviously losing this game or whatever pissing off contest we’re playing right now.

 

“Come on, Chae. It’s a double date. You won’t be alone unless you wanted to. Don’t worry. We’ll give you two time alone” Dara convinced.

 

“NO! NO! NO! What is not clear on that? I don’t want to see him!”

 

“Lee Chaerin! Think of it as a sign of gratitude. Seungri told me you were drunk when you hit his car. He can report you to the police if he wanted to but he said he won’t”

 

Why is my dad siding with him and obviously giving me away? Then I remember the time I choked on my food a while ago.

 

I lose.