Chapter

Friends like Oxygen

 

Minho was feeling very uneasy, waiting at the unfamiliar subway station. Scared of every person that accidentaly bumped into him, rushing to get to their train on time. Even when he leaned on a wall to avoid the distracted people, Minho was scared of every man that passed near him. He was sure they wanted to rob him.
Minho thought maybe he could call Onew or Jjong while he waited, but taking his expensive phone out of his safe pocket wasn't going to help with his paranoic feelings.
 
...Ok, Minho relax, you're being crazy! Remember, you're doing this for Taemin!
 
That morning, Minho called Taemin to ask him where should he pick him up. Taemin, of course, didn't wanted Minho to pick him up at his house, cause if he did... he would probably noticed that Taemin lived at his best friend Onew's house...
 
Onew was making it hard for Taemin to focus... While Taemin was trying to convince Minho to meet him at the subway station, Onew wouldn't stop nuzzling his neck, whispering "..you're mine, Taemin" "tell him I say that if he touches you, he'll lose his hand" "We still have time, Taem... What should we do~?" 
 
Minho insisted about picking him up at his house, but Taemin insisted even more. At the end, Minho didn't let it go till Taemin used his 'aegyo' voice... Which felt weird for Taemin, but since anytime he used that Onew couldn't say no to him, he thought it could work. And it did.
 
 
 
Onew paid to the taxi driver that left him and Taemin just a couple blocks away from the station. "Thanks" Onew said, and closed the door of the car.
 
"Hyung" Taemin said, while they started walking. "Hmm?" Onew responded. ".. I... I really don't want you to be all grumpy all day, okay?"
 
"..what makes you think I'm gonna be all grumpy? I'm okay, I'm just going to be.. Jelous, isn't it normal?"
 
"That's what I mean. You don't have to be jelous, Dubu... Is not like I'm gonna go rub myself against Minho-hyung! Actually, in my head, I'm only going to hang with all of you... You should think like that, too" Taemin poked Onew's arm. 
 
"huh.." Onew said.. "You know what? That does help! Cause I know you're not gonna let him touch you more than the necessary, right?"
 
"Right"
 
"And you're not going to let him separate you from the group, right?"
 
"Right"
 
"..and if he flirts with you, you're not going to flirt back, right?"
 
"Right!... Well, but I don't know what is it that he thinks it's flirting...cause I did something before that made him.. Be interested in me, and I don't know what is was..."
 
"what did you do, you say?...you just had to be born to have everyone 'interested' in you~"
 
"Aaw, hyuung~" Taemin blushed and he wanted to hug Onew so bad, or kiss his cheek, but since they were in public... You know...
 
..oh, wait!
 
Smiling, Taemin stopped Onew and cupped his face. Then he pecked his cheek, and gave him a little kiss on the lips, before starting walking again. "T-Taemin!! What was that?!" Onew said, following him with red cheeks. "What?" Taemin said, still smiling.
 
"..y-you just kissed me in public!" Onew whispered. "yeah, so?" Taemin said. "you know w-we can't--"
 
"Do you see anyone freaking out?" Taemin asked.
 
"hm.." Onew looked over his shoulder "w-well, I think no one noticed, but--!" Taemin put his index finger over Onew's lips.
 
"Hyung~ Sometimes, I gotta take advantage of the fact that I do look like a girl.." Taemin said, running his hand through his long hair and winking at Jinki. He started walking, with a satisfied smile on his face.
 
After some moments, Onew chuckled and looked at his pretty lover walking, before following him with a smile that matched Tae's.
 
 
 
Minho was about to call Taemin again, when he spotted him. Excited, Minho waved at him, but Taemin didn't waved back... In fact, he didn't notice Minho at all. He was too busy talking with..
 
...is that Onew?.. Why are they together? Well, I guess they just met outside or something... He better not be after my Taemin. 
 
MY. TAEMIN.
 
...well, maybe he's not mine yet, but I'm sooo gonna make him mine tonight~
 
I'm gonna treat him like a princess all day~ Buying him whatever he wants, telling him how pretty he looks~ 
At the end of the night, we'll go back to my place~ and THEN is when the magic of Minho beggings~
 
 
Onew and Taemin were so happy talking that they almost walked pass Minho.
 
"Hey hey hey!! Guys!" Minho tugged Onew's shirt. They turned their heads. Taemin chuckled and bowed "Minho-hyung! I'm sorry" Minho just smiled. "It's okay, Taemin~" Not even trying to hide it, Minho checked Taemin out, there, right in front of him... It was as if he had Superman's x-ray eyes. And he liked what he saw. Taemin's girly waist was something that attracted him very much. Taemin's firm legs, hugged by those yellow skinny jeans...
 
Onew slapped Minho's arm. "Aren't you gonna say 'hi' to your hyung?" Onew said, with a forced smile. "H-Hi, Onew-hyung" Minho said, rubbing his arm.
 
Jonghyun and Key arrived just as distracted as OnTae. "Hyung! Hyung!" Taemin called Key happily "I didn't know you were gonna come!!" Key smiled and waved "Me neither! Silly Jjong just told me this morning, heh" 
 
"..well, anyways, I'm glad you're here!!" Taemin hugged him.
 
"Hey!! How come Key gets a hug?" Minho said.
 
Taemin turned, smiling at him a little nervously. "It's okay, Tae" Minho grabbed his hand "Now, let's go! This place is so dirty.." He pulled Taemin by his hand, and all of them stared walking. "You're such a princess, Minho" Jonghyun said. Key supported his crush "Yeah, it's not dirty, it's just grey, Minho"
 
"Jonghyun is right. Minho is such princess" Onew said.
 
"Yah! That's called bullying!" Minho said, still pulling Taemin.
 
"See? Princess." Onew chuckled.
 
"Ok, I don't know where I'm going here. Taemin?" Minho said, taking Tae by his shoulder and putting him in front of him, to lead him. Taemin just giggled and kept walking.
 
"Minho, you're not supposed to pull him or push him around.." Onew said, not liking how Minho was treating his boy.
 
Taemin has to be treated respectfully, lovingly. Stupid Minho...Oh, my God and the day hasn't even stared yet!...
 
"Relax, Onew.." Minho said, rolling his eyes "It's okay. It's okay, right Taemin?" Minho smiled. "...sure" Taemin said.
 
 
Already in the train, the only one sitting was Key. Jonghyun got him a seat, as the gentleman he is...Taemin was a little uncomfortable... Minho was standing so close, and the wagon wasn't even crowed...
 
"You look so cute, Tae~" Minho said.
 
...with Onew piercing wholes on him with his little eyes, Taemin didn't know how to respond "Ah...h-hyung.."
 
The train stopped at some station, Minho looked around "Ah, should we get out?" Taemin giggled a little at the confused man. "No, hyung, not yet" 
 
A guy that wanted to get off the train, passed by Taemin, pushing him accidentaly.
 
"A-Ah! Excuse me, miss!" The guy said, he bowed and continued walking rushed.
Onew felt a little pissed. Not only did that guy pushed Tae hard, he called him a girl. 
 
"He's a man!!" Onew yelled at the guy, who didn't even hear him. "Hyung, i-it's okay" Taemin said, patting Onew's shoulder and calming him down, also blushing at the fact that his Jinki just yelled at a stranger, in public, just to defend him. 
 
Jinki-hyung~ aaah, so caring. I love you, love you, love you, my handsome tokki man~ ... And I am not liking Minho-hyung so freaking close!!
 
 
All the way till they got there, Taemin tried and tried to get away from Minho, even just a little. So he was sooo glad when they got to the fair. From the outside, they could hear the screams, noisy laughter, and voices of the couples, friends.
 
..it gave Taemin a weird funny feeling, at first he didn't know why...
 
"Are you okay Taemin?" Onew asked, staring at him with a worried look. The rest of them were buying the tickets to get in.
 
"a-ah, what?"
 
"You look...serious"
 
Taemin touched his own face "Really?... I'm.. I'm okay Jinki" Onew didn't look so convinced "...Are you sure, sweety?" Taemin smiled at him. "Yeah, I just.." He got closer to Onew's ear and whispered "Minho-hyung makes me really uncomfortable.." Onew chuckled "I know, but don't worry, I won't let him touch you" Taemin smiled sweetly. "My hero~"
 
"Hey, Taemin, what do you call us?" Onew asked. "hmm? What do you mean?" Taemin said, confused "You know, you and I--"
 
"Oh! Onew and Taemin, OnTae. That's it?"
 
"Yes, that! Ah~ I love being 'On Tae'~" Jinki said, poking Taemin's side "Get it? Get it?" Taemin laugh and pushed Jinki "yes, yes, I get it.."
 
"But, Tae, why it isn't 'JinTae'?... My name is Jinki, you know?"
 
"...JinTae? Sounds odd, heheh, I like OnTae"
 
"You like it when Jinki's On Tae, don't you?~" *winkwink*
 
"Shut up, hyung!" Taemin said, pushing him again. "...hey, what is taking them so long?"
 
"I don't know, maybe they still on the line, I don't care, I can be with you right now~"
 
"Aaw, so sweet.."
 
"Taemin-ah~...hmm.. Taemin... and froggie Minho... Taemin, Minho... Min Min...2min.. God, that sounds so stupid!!" Onew said, clunching his face. 
 
"Ew, hyung! Don't make a name for it!" Taemin laugh, with his left hand over his mouth. "I know, I know, I'm sorry... But from now on, I'm gonna be a 2min er. Just for you, honey~" Taemin blushed and laugh more. 
 
Onew smiled, and he was about to run his arm across Taemin's shoulders.. But Minho came back and did it before him.
 
"Ready, Taemin?" Minho smiled "We're gonna have so much fun~" He whispered into Taemin's ear, with a confusing tone Taemin couldn't read...
 
"Oh, look Minho!!" Onew said, pulling his dongsaeng away from Tae, pointing a man with hundreds of ballons, with a fake amazed expression on his face. Taemin giggled.
 
Hyung, you are so jelous..
 
 
They started walking, to the entrance. Taemin's smile faded... He lied to Onew before... He wasn't serious because of Minho... He remember something...something so important, Taemin couldn't believe he forgot it...
 
My first date...my first... kiss...was at a fair...
 
 
 
~Flashback~
 
Six years ago.
 
 
"...and you'll have to give me at least the written part of the project on Monday" The teacher sighed and continued "Ok, so, these are the couples.." The teacher started reading her list of students, forming the couples.
 
"...Park SangHyun"
 
"Here.." The tall, black-haired boy raised his hand. "Miss! I already told you to call me Thunder!"
 
"I am not calling you that! You'll be working with... Yang Seungho"
 
'Thunder' and that Seungho guy high-fived each other.
 
Sitting on the back of the classroom, Taemin just waited for the teacher to finish. All of his teachers knows he preffers to work alone. He never really talks either, except when he tells the teachers they are wrong about something. Taemin is shy, quiet. 
 
"Lee Taemin.."
 
"...yes?" He said, raising his hand shily.
 
"Lee Joon."
 
"Here, Ms." They boy sitting in front of him raised his hand a lot more confident than Taemin.
 
"...you'll be working together"
 
Taemin's eyes snapped open "W-what?? Miss, y-you know I a-always--"
 
"Yes. I know. I'm sorry, but I really need all of you to do this with partners. Plus, Joon could really use some help"
 
Defeated, Taemin sighed. Nervous...and not excited at all.
 
His new partner,turned his head to Taemin, resting his arm on the back of the seat. 
 
"I'm sorry you're stuck with me..." He smiled, apologetic.
 
...Taemin didn't hear a thing after "I'm". He got lost on those black cat eyes... They looked so sweet and bright. His black, shiny, perfectly fixed hair that almost covered one of his pretty eyes... His smile... His smile was confusing. 
 
It was the sweetest smile... But it somehow felt... dangerous...
 
"Taemin?" He said.
 
"...a-ah?"
 
"Taemin. That's your name, right?"
 
"...y-yes"
 
"Ah, Hello, I'm Lee Joon...as the teacher just said.."
 
Taemin giggled a little "yeah, I k-know.."
 
"...Do you stutter all the time?"
 
Taemin blushed and looked down. He doesn't. He only stutters when he's really nervous.
 
"O-oh! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, really. I didn't mean to.."
 
The bell rang, and everyone started standing up and heading out of the classroom.
 
"Let's go, Joon! I'm hungry!" Thunder said, he and Seungho standing right next to Joon's seat. Joon looked up to them "Oh, yeah, yeah, just a minute"
 
Joon looked back at Taemin "Hey, Taemin, would you like to have lunch with us? It's okay right" He said, looking at his friends.
 
"Yeah, sure" Seungho said, smiling at them.
 
"what do you say?" Joon asked, smiling at Taemin.
 
Taemin felt dragged by that smile.. "...Yeah" He mumbled.
 
 
On their way to the cafeteria, another guy joined them, he introduced as 'Byunghee'. Thunder, Seungho, Byunghee and Taemin were sitting at a table. They were chatting and eating, while Taemin was just sitting, listening, shily waiting for Joon.
 
"Taemin~" Joon came back with a sandwhich wrapped with plastic and a soda. "I bought you this~ I hope you like it... If you don't like it.. There's nothing I can do about it.."
 
Taemin laugh, covering his mouth. The others giggled with him. "Hey, I never heard you laugh before" Seungho said. "That's true" Joon replied.
 
Taemin didn't answer, he just looked down at his sandwhich.
 
"Oh, my God, he's so shy. Just saying, Taemin, you're good with us. No need to be shy" Byunghee said, poking Taemin from across the table. 
 
"That's true, too. C'mon Taemin, eat!" Joon unwrapped the sandwhich and held it in front of Taemin. 
 
Taemin wanted to take it but Joon said "a-ah!! Open your mouth!"
 
"...r-really?" Taemin said. Joon nodded, "o-ok.." 
 
Blushing, Taemin took a bite.
 
Oh, my God, I'm gay...
 
I-I mean, I really wasn't sure, but... yes... I guess I am. It feels right.
 
Joon finally let Taemin grab the sandwhich. 
 
"oooooooh~" Thunder said, teasing Joon "I think Joon-hyung likes you, Taemin~"
 
"Shut up, Thunder" Joon said.
 
"You're blushing~!"
 
"Of course I'm blushing!! You're pairing me with Taemin! No offense Taemin, you're cute"
 
"You're flirting with him!!" Thunder laugh.
 
"I'm not!! Please, he's a boy!"
 
"So? Are you homophobic?" Seungho said, not taking his eyes off his food.
 
"N-no, I hate homophobics!"
 
"Then don't be one" Seungho said.
 
"Aish. It's not about--"
 
"HELLO!" A cheerful brown-haired boy said, waving. "God, I'm so hungry!! Feed me, feed me, feed me~"
 
"FINE!! Just sit, Mir!"
 
"Ok!!" Mir sat and looked at Taemin "...hi?"
 
"h-hi.."
 
"Mir, this is Taemin" Joon said, patting the boy's shoulders.
 
"He's Joon's boyfriend~"
 
"Shut up!!" They all laugh at Joon's red face.
 
 
 
 
 
After weeks of hanging out, Taemin stop stuttering around his new friends. He really liked each one of his hyungs... But the one he liked the most was his Joon-hyung.
 
Taemin waited for about half an hour at the bus stop. All of them were supposed to meet there to go to the fair that was in town.
 
"Taemin-ah~!!" He heard a happy voice and turned his head.
 
"Joon-hyung!"
 
"Hey...amm.."
 
"What?"
 
"...am, the others are not comming, Taemin"
 
A wave of sadness hit him "..r-really?..Why?"
 
"hm, apparently they had to do some...p-project.."
 
"oh...i-it's okay... I was really excited"
 
"Oh, hey!" Joon said and patted his back "I'm here, we're both free!" He said pointing at him and then at Taemin.
 
"..hm?"
 
"Sooo.... Why don't we go? Eh?" Joon poked Taemin's side, smiling.
 
"YES!!" Taemin shout and Joon laugh "ok, let's go"
 
 
 
 
Joon spoiled Taemin the whole day. He bought him cotton candy, he bought him soda, they got on every ride Taemin wanted. 
 
Joon enjoyed watching new Taemin. He only knew him as "the quiet boy with the cute mushroom hair". And now he was this little, giggly, lovely ball of energy.
 
"You know, Taemin..." Joon started talking while they rested on a bench.
 
"hm?"
 
"I've been meaning to talk to you since I..well, since I noticed how you were.."
 
"...uh? How?"
 
"Well, at first I thought you were just... Another classmate...then I was like 'WOW this guy is a genius!!' and I was so interested... But.. I don't know.. I guess I was kinda intimidated..."
 
"Intimidated by me??"
 
"Yes! Y-You never talked and...yeah... That's why I was sooo glad when the teacher put us together, I finally got to know you"
 
Taemin smiled "I was so glad too. I got to meet all of you!!"
 
Joon flashed Taemin with his charming smile.
 
"Hey, Tae?"
 
"yes?"
 
"...Have you ever been in the tunnel of love?"
 
Tunnel of love...
 
Tunnel of love...
 
Those words traveled in circled in Taemin's mind..
 
"N-no.. Why? Have you?"
 
"No, me neither... Would you... W-would you like to?"
 
"You...you want me to..go with you...?"
 
"Yes...y-yeah, but you know, just to...check it out! Hehehe, we..we won't--"
 
"Oh, yeah yeah! I get it, I get it, we won't... we aren't, hm"
 
Both of them laugh nervously.
 
"Well.. Should we?" Joon said, indicating the way to the tunnel of love.
 
On the line, Joon couldn't stop smiling "You look excited, hyung"
 
"I am!"
 
They finally made it, and the lady that was supposed to show them their swan-boat, gave them a confused look, but then she smiled at them sweetly. 
 
"This way, boys"
 
"Oh, my God! Look at that!" They heard some said behind them. They turned their heads to see a guys with a bunch of other guys, pointing at them.
 
"Excuse me?" Joon said, walking towards them, pissed "Are you talking about us?"
 
"Hah! Yeah, dude. But, hey! It's okay. You probably thought he was a girl. I mean just look at him!" He said to his friends.
 
They all laugh at him. 
 
Taemin looked down ashamed. He's aware of the way he looks, and he likes it! He loves being pretty... But he doesn't knows how to handle it when someone uses that against him...
 
Joon started laughting with them... Then suddenly stopped to punch the guy right on the face.
 
"..W-What is your problem??" The guy said, covering his face.
 
"People like you!! Stupid people who thinks they're better. And you never just go and insult a perfectly lovely boy like him!" Joon said, pointing at Taemin. "He's pretty, so what? I'm sure you would never find a girl as pretty as him. It's just impossible"
 
Joon walked back to Taemin, while the guy was still rubbing his face in pain. "Let's go, Minnie"
 
Blushing and quiet, Taemin followed Joon to the swan-boat.
 
"...Are you gonna call security?" Joon asked at the lady that help them get in the swan. "No" she smiled "He totally deserved that. Hehehe, enjoy your ride!"
 
 
An awkward silence filled the air around them even when the ride started.
 
"...I... I'm sorry" Joon said.
 
"...you're sorry?...why?"
 
"S-Sometimes I can't control myself... I get so mad.."
 
"Oh, no..I should be thanking you, hyung!.. Thank you, Joon..."
 
They smiled lightly.
 
"...You're welcome. But I really wish I could control myself.. For me there's nothing worse than homophobics! They me so so angry!! ... And they scare me so much.." Joon said, looking at his shoes.
 
"hm? Why do they scare you--"
 
"Taemin... I lied to you"
 
"...about what?"
 
"About... The others. There was no project... I ask them not to come.."
 
"What? Why would you...?"
 
Joon looked up to Taemin curious eyes. Chuckling lowly, Joon caressed the boy's cute face. Slow, without breaking eye contact, Joon closed the gap between their lips. Taemin's heart jumped. He could feel Joon's shaky breathing.
 
He was just as nervous as Taemin.
 
Joon broke the kiss when Taemin didn't responded.
 
"G-God, I'm so sorry Taemin, I-I don't--"
 
Taemin hugged Joon tightly, hiding his face on his chest. He could feel Taemin's delicate hands tugging his shirt. The most warm and sincere smiled appeared on Joon's face as he hugged him back.
 
~End of flashback~
 
 
 
 
"Taemin? Tae?" Onew was waving his hand in front of Taemin's face.
 
"huh? What?"
 
"Are you sure you're okay, Taemin? The other's are waiting..." Onew had a worried expression.
 
"Yeah! I'm fine!" Taemin smiled "I love you so so much, Jinki~"
 
"I love you too darling~...are you high?" Onew laugh and tooks Tae's arm. "Now, let's go, I really wanna get this over with"
 
 
 
 
 
===========================================
 
Taeminnieah!!!!  Introducing MBLAQ!
 
Hello~ This took me the a millenium!! I had finals all week, I'm sorry ;A;
 
But now I'm on vacation!! Yay!! :D 
 
Was this too long? I'm sorry if it was boring D: I hope it wasn't :P
 
Did you liked it? What did you like?? Hahah tell me!!
 
COMMENT!
 
Btw, the request thing is still on!! Hahaha talk to me if you want this characters in certain situation!! We'll discuss it. I would really love to talk to you, my dear readers!! ^^ 
 
(PD: I've been watching MBLAQ's Hello Baby. ...I really never wanted to have kids before!! Ahaha! I want those kids *-*... And those appas~ xD)
 
QUESTION!! Do you think I need to erase the "comedy" tag of off the foreword? :O