First Night

One Night Stand

She left me there...alone, with a diamond ring in my possession, kneeled down on the grass at our favorite spot in the park. I watched her walk away with a million thoughts running through my mind but I choked on every word, I can't utter a word. The love of my life, the only girl I have ever loved, my first love, left me after I told her I want her to be mine forever, just like we promised. What did I do? Did I do something wrong? What did she mean by "I'm not the one for you?" I know she is, I love her that was why I was sure that she was the one. I felt angry. Why, why, why? I was both confused and frustrated. I didn't know what to feel. Being a strong man that I try to be, I stood up and left that spot not letting my tears fall.

 

My heart was stubborn, after lecturing myself about love, it still hung onto her. For days I stayed at home ignoring the calls I received from my friends. I went up to my room and saw a photo framed nicely and set on my dresser. I saw her in that photo. That photo was taken back in the days during high school, we were already a couple then. I felt tears on my cheek. I didn't even realized that I was crying, I am such a fool. I held up the frame and walked towards my trash can but my eyes caught a familiar face in the photo. Park Bom. I remember her. She was the friend in high school whom I never had a decent conversation with before. I was a cold and awkward guy and she was a shy girl, we never tried to communicate. We just smile at each other whenever we pass each other by in the hallway. To make our relationship worse, my guy friends told me that she had a crush on me. I didn't believe them at first but one day she came up to me and confessed but I had to reject her, I was already in love with another girl. After that, I never saw her again.

Park Bom raided my thoughts that night. What would have happened if I actually said yes to her? Would she be wearing that ring right now? Then I wondered, how is she now? Pushing my thoughts aside, I drifted to sleep.

 

"Hyung~, wake up!" Jiyong yelled.

"Go away," I covered my face with my pillow.

"Hyung, did you forget?!" Jiyong yelled again, louder this time.

"What..?" I answered lazily.

"You were supposed to get up and get ready for our flight to America!" Jiyong yelled in frustration. I sat up quickly and looked at the time. 

"Oh crap," I rushed to get ready. Maybe I should always rush. Rushing seems to make me forget about things, people, a girl.

 

I was on the plane with Jiyong. He needed a companion to go to New York for 2 weeks since he was invited to a fashion show. This kid is too popular with people. I'm glad that he hasn't forgotten his best buddy. Also, this could be the perfect getaway for me to get rid of my pain. Jiyong thinks that I should go to the club and screw some chicks but no, I am not going to do that. But I would reconsider that option...

We arrived in New York, a busy city I might say. I didn't know what I was going to do after Jiyong leaves to meet his friends. I would probably just stay in the hotel. We then took the taxi to our hotel. I put my luggage on the floor and fell on the bed. I wanted to save up and share rooms with Jiyong but I understood his needs... Jiyong was out, I didn't have anything to do. I don't know New York...but I have a brain so I just took my coat and wallet and head out of the hotel and walked around the town aimlessly. 

The street lights lit up asthe sky darkened, I was just talking a walk. Just then, I saw a cafe hidden at the corner of the busy streets. It wasn't crowded so I just went in there to relax and have a cup of coffee. I sat alone with an empty mind, no thoughts about anyone. I took a sip from my hot coffee. As I put my cup back on the table, a familiar figure walked into the cafe. Without thinking, I stood up quickly. She turned to look at me. I waved at her and gave a small smile. She walked over to me and gave me a hug. I didn't remember her being this beautiful.

 

"Hey, how are you?" she asked me. Has she always been this friendly? 

"Are you alone?" I asked. She seemed comfortable so I decided to be friendly too. She nodded. "Why don't you sit with me?" I offered. I ordered for her a cup of hot chocolate.

"Extra marshmallows please," she smiled at the waiter. Her voice sounded so sweet. I never heard her talk a lot before. She turned her attention back to me and smiled. 

"What are you doing here?" she asked me. I was really surprised. I didn't expect this side of her at all. Maybe it's because she got over me. We began talking like we've always been friends, sharing funny stories, catching up on each others lives like as if we ever did spend it together in the past. 

 

In that short time, my heart felt free again. I felt her put her hand on mine. I just smiled. Suddenly she asked me something I never wanted to hear.

"How are you and Min Ah?" she asked me casually.

"Well...can we leave here..?" I asked. She nodded and we left after paying. 

 

The road to her apartment was quiet and kind of dark. I wonder how a girl like her can get home safely. We were quiet but then I broke the silence.

"I proposed to her," I smiled, looking ahead.

"Really?" She said excitedly. I didn't show her the sadness I felt, not even a hint but she asked. "But, why don't you seem happy?"

"What..?" I stuttered. I was suprised.

"Seunghyun, I've observed you long enough to know your hidden expressions." she said.

"About a week ago, she left when I proposed." I choked. She put her arms around me and laid her head on my chest. Instinctively, I wrapped my arms around her. I need that. A hug. Warmth. As we pulled away, I looked into her eyes deeply. "Park Bom..." I whispered. 

"Tonight, you shall forget about her." she leaned in and captured my lips. Trying to get rid of the pain, I kissed her back.

The next thing I knew, I felt her skin on mine, she was under me. That night, we spent a passionate night together but I wasn't sure if I could or should call it love. I was definitely going to regret it the next day...

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello readers~ how was it? 

Before you guys go crazy because my next update won't be too soon I will explain myself. I will be flying off to Hong Kong for 4 days so the next update might come in a week or if I'm feeling it, I'll update it the day after the day I return. 

Alternatively~, you guys can read my previous TOPBOM fanfics. 

I hope you guys will support this story~!

Do subscribe and comment~!

Twitter: rose_atoria