District 7

Dark Alleyways

“Are you going to take him out today?” Suho asked as Baekhyun came downstairs for breakfast. Baekhyun blinked at him. Chanyeol was still sleeping upstairs.

“Take him out where?” Baekhyun asked.

Suho hummed. “Anywhere. You gave him one year to do his project right?”

Baekhyun cursed in his mind. “How do you even know about that?”

Suho just smiled. “I have my ways.”

Baekhyun glowered. Suho continued to smile. “Well if you’re not going to be busy today, there’s a meeting I need you to go to. District 7’s been a bit rebellious lately.” Suho’s sunny bright smile turned a little poisonous. “Fix that for me would you?”

Baekhyun nodded.

Suho smiled again and walked away. He turned back. “Why don’t you bring Chanyeol then?” he asked before continuing on his way.

Baekhyun chewed his lip angrily. If only Suho wasn’t such a stickler for responsibility.

 

 

 

“Where are we going? Is it gonna be fun? Where is it? Are we almost there?” Chanyeol bounced happily alongside Baekhyun, ugly bandage covered up by one of Baekhyun’s snapbacks. There was nothing they could really do to hide the large bandages on his face but Chanyeol didn’t seem to mind. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“We’re going to see the boss of District 7.”

Chanyeol wrinkled his forehead in confusion. “District what?”

Baekhyun paused and looked at Chanyeol in a strange mixture of exasperation and, dare Chanyeol hope, fondness. “You don’t even know that police don’t respond to calls here, of course you wouldn’t know anything about our political system.”

“You have a system?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes again and squatted down, motioning Chanyeol to join him. Not all of the roads in the Underworld were paved and this was one of them. Maybe he should draw one, Chanyeol thought, but was brought back to reality by Baekhyun scratching two crude circles in the dirt, one inside the other.

“This is Seoul,” Baekhyun pointed at the inner circle. “And this is the Underworld.” He pointed at the larger circle. “There’re four main roads in and out of the city that we’re not allowed to touch but the rest of the surrounding area of Seoul is the Underworld. You follow?” Baekhyun hoped Chanyeol’s neck was okay from the sudden nodding fit the boy burst into.

Baekhyun then drew an X through both circles, simulating the roads, and cutting the circles into quarters. Baekhyun pointed at the right most quarter. “This is East Underworld, where you are now and where we, EXO-K, rule.” He pointed at the left most quarter. “And that’s West Underworld where EXO-M rules. South and North also have their own ruling gangs.” He slid his eyes over to Chanyeol who had taken out his sketchbook.

Seriously? “There’s no need to copy this down Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said wryly. “It’s not that difficult to remember.” Chanyeol hummed but didn’t reply. Baekhyun sighed and went back to his diagram.

“North, South, East and West are known as sections. Each section has twelve districts under their command. Each district has a boss and each boss is in charge of all the gangs who have territory in their district. You follow?” Chanyeol nodded enthusiastically, pencil gliding over his sketchbook. Baekhyun frowned at his diagram. It was pathetically simple as Baekhyun wasn’t the best artist so what could Chanyeol possibly be drawing?

“What do you command them to do?” Chanyeol asked, breaking Baekhyun out of his thoughts.

Baekhyun stood up, Chanyeol following a minute later. “There’re rules we have to follow in the Underworld too. Mainly that we’re not allowed to mass enter Seoul and wreak havoc. Gangs in our sections also aren’t allowed to wreak havoc in other sections, lest we get another section gang war. The last one was a while back though. District bosses have the harder jobs though. They have to enforce the rules in their own districts and keep track of gang memberships and territory lines. We just come in when they aren’t doing their jobs or can’t do their jobs.”

“And District 7 isn’t doing its job?”

“Well, meetings with district bosses aren’t uncommon for us. But Suho usually sends Kyungsoo to do these things. He seems more…negotiable.”

Baekhyun smirked.

“But yeah District 7’s not doing their job.”

 

 

 

 

 

He’s so pretty, Chanyeol thought, watching Baekhyun explain. His pencil danced along the paper, outlining the curves and lines and shadows of Baekhyun’s profile and the long, slender fingers wrapped around the stick. Baekhyun’s eyes upon seeing his sketchbook were puzzled and Chanyeol was so, so, so tempted to show him, to show off his talent, to see the impressed look on Baekhyun’s face again, the one from last night, but he refrained. It wasn’t done yet. The shading wasn’t done and he hadn’t gotten the details of Baekhyun’s pretty face and fingers.

Not to say that he hadn’t drawn Baekhyun’s diagram in his picture either. The information was mind-boggling. All those districts and all those gangs…

“You must be pretty awesome then,” he said and Baekhyun turned to look at him, puzzled.

“What?”

“Controlling all those districts,” Chanyeol continued, eyes bright in wonder.

A flush painted itself across Baekhyun’s cheeks and Chanyeol smiled goofily, glad that he had put it there. Baekhyun scowled and stalked ahead. Chanyeol grinned.

Maybe three parts cerise to five parts white, he thought, as the image seared itself into his mind. He didn’t think he’d be able to sleep tonight with only a black-and-white charcoal drawing of Baekhyun in his sketchbook.

 

 

 

“What do you take our relationship to be?,” Baekhyun asked, fingers dancing along the edge of the table. He kicked away an unconscious guard he'd knocked out on the way in and took a seat at the table. "Chanyeol, sit." Park Soo Jin watched as a tall boy made his way in and gingerly sat in a chair beside Baekhyun. "Are you going to answer my question?" 

EXO visiting you out of the blue was never a good sign. "I believe we have an efficient employer-employee relationship based on mutual respect," Park Soo Jin replied carefully. 

"And do you know what happens when employees act out of line?" Baekhyun asked softly, dangerously, fingers finally stilling. The boss of District 7 stared as a knife suddenly appeared in the boy’s hand, flashing dangerously as the boy twirled it around his fingers. "They get fired."

Suddenly, the knife was being pressed to his throat, Baekhyun’s eyes flashing darkly and menacingly. “Do I make myself clear, District 7?”

A bead of blood trailed down his neck. “Y-Yes, sir,” he said through gritted teeth. Baekhyun smiled, sharp canines glinting pearly white in the light as he retracted his blade.

“Good. Let’s go Chanyeol.”

Park Soo Jin stared calculatingly at the gangly boy that unfolded himself from the chair beside Baekhyun and followed him out the door. A large bandage covered his cheek and the way he moved spoke clumsy and awkward, not the graceful, deadly stride that Baekhyun had.

He looked at the way the gangly boy grabbed hesitantly at Baekhyun’s coat and the way Baekhyun did nothing, not even a flinch, at the contact and the way Baekhyun led him out of the room.

So the rumors were true. Baekhyun had gotten himself a pet. Park Soo Jin would be sure to make note of it. 

 

___

A/N: sorry just realized i forgot about the A/N so here we go. um....yeah it's been a long time im sorry im a terrible updater thank you so much for being patient and sticking with me and yeah >.< but thank you for reading whether you are a old or new reader :) and pls leave a comment or upvote to encourage me?