Liking

A White Fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Un-betaed]

*****

The drive home was so silence and Yunho was glad in a restful quietness; the latter beside him didn't make any move since they stepped out from the mall. Yunho had to excuse himself from his ex-fiancée, after the chaotic scene Jaejoong had caused - it wasn't good to stay too long. It was a very tiresome job to keep an eye on the unpredictable boy. It worse than taking care of a five years old kid. Jaejoong was so naive, ebullient and yet fearless - that were the right words Yunho would use to describe the young male.

He found himself in a state of vexation and worried whenever the boy lost from his sight. For him, Jaejoong was like a time bomb; never knew when the boy was going to explode, creating a trouble that soon he needed to resolve.

Yunho had just parked his car at the basement of the penthouse building when Jaejoong suddenly unbuckled his seatbelt, as what he was taught before they take off. The peevish boy then dashed out of the car, making Yunho had no choice but left all the shopping bags which mostly contain Jaejoong's stuffs, as he run after the latter.

"Yah! Where are you going?" Yunho caught him in time just before he crashed on the wide glass panel.

"Gosh, you could break the glass door if I didn't catch you. You cannot pass in without the access card." Yunho turned the boy around, facing him.

Jaejoong looked at him blankly. The young physician sighed in frustration.

"See, you need to do this before you can enter." Yunho demonstrated the way to use the access card. The glass door opened as he slid it on the scanner. There was a glint of amazement in those doe-like eyes as they stared at him in his silence.

"Aish, why you are so cute..." Yunho couldn't help, but chuckled at the tickling sight. He ruffled the silky, ebony hair of the pretty boy.

It could be tiring to take care of the other, but for some odd reason, Yunho would find himself to be so eminently pleased once the boy acted docile. The boy seemed had a strong charm that would always able to manipulate him in many good ways, brightened up his days that used to be quiet and dull before the other stepped into his life.

Yunho decided to take Jaejoong get into the house first before he can get all the shopping bags from his car. To leave the boy outside was like purposely calling for a trouble himself - the boy's move was always unpredictable.

Yunho pressed the elevator button to 19th floor and the metal door was about to close when a hand of someone intervened in, making the metal box slide opened back. Yunho looked up and saw a new face of a man. Being one of the longest tenants and had the brain of a genius that could memorize everything with one look, he could recognise most of the people that living in the building. And he knew the man wasn't one of the residents.

The lean, young man nodded slightly, a simple gesture of acknowledge Yunho's presence in the lift before he stepped in. He then remained motionless in the corner of the metal box, didn't make a move to press the button which made Yunho turned at him slightly. There, he caught the man was staring at the petite male beside him.

It had enough to bring something ticked off the young doctor. The stranger was intensely staring at Jaejoong, who at the time was fiddling with the hem of Yunho's shirt and those prominent cute, cherry lips pouted.

Wittingly, Yunho stepped forward, blocking out the pretty boy from the other man's sight in an unobvious way.

"Are you not going to press the button? Which floor?" He asked curtly, making the man broke his stare from Jaejoong. He looked up at Yunho with a blank look before responding with a small smile.

"I'm heading to the same floor." He answered shortly; eyes glanced once more at Jaejoong before looked up straight.

Yunho frowned, feeling a bit curious since he never saw the man's presence in his residential building before.

As they reached the right floor, Yunho pulled Jaejoong's hand to walk out first and from the corner of his eyes, he could see the man's eyes were still following Jaejoong.

"Oh, you guys live here?"

Yunho turned at the man upon heard his sudden question, he was about to unlocked his door. "Yes, why?"

"Then, we are neighbour. I'm No Min Woo, a new tenant here." The man greeted while pointing to the next door.

Seeing the man had extended his hand for the handshake, Yunho acted out of courtesy.

"I'm Jung Yunho. And... should I add the oldest tenant here." Despite the feeling of unease towards the other's presence, he replied the greeting jokingly.

Min Woo chuckled lightly before he shifted his look at the silence boy who stood near the taller man. "And, you are..?"

Seeing the other's hand was about to reach him, Jaejoong immediately scooted behind Yunho with a look of jittery. That was a first time the younger male had that kind of look on his face - Yunho realized.

"Sorry, he is a shy person. He's Jaejoong." Yunho said shortly, giving a quick excuse about Jaejoong's strange behaviour.

"Oh, it's okay. Nice to meet you Yunho-ssi. I hope we can get along well." The man said, this time with a warm smile curling over his thin lips before he continued,

"And... you too, Jaejoong-ssi." With that said, he resumed walking to his place.

"What's wrong Jae?" Yunho asked once they stepped into the house.

Jaejoong had suddenly turned so quiet, and it wasn't his usual quietness. That made Yunho felt curious.

"Hey, look at me. What's wrong?" Yunho probed as he pulled the other to look up at him, examining the boy's face.

"B-bad..."

"Huh, what?" Yunho asked in confusion.

"Bad...bad..bad..." Jaejoong kept mumbling as he clung onto Yunho, hands circled around Yunho's neck.

Yunho chuckled. "Okay, you are starting to act strange again. You must be tired after played so much today." Yunho said as he remembered it was first outing for Jaejoong and there were a lot of mess the boy had created today too, which put him in an exhausting state to clear up all the upshot afterwards. 

"Let's get you wash up and then you can go to bed." Jaejoong let himself being dragged by Yunho while his other hand rubbing his sleepy eyes. As always, the young physician kept spoiling him.

***

"Yunho..."

Yunho felt something poked his face as he drowned in his deep slumber.

"I'm hungry..." The voice spoke again.

He groaned and pushed the hand that kept poking his cheek, nose and chin.

"Yunho... w-wake up... wake up!"

This time he rolled over in his bed and pulled the duvet over his head in grunting, accidentally pushed the person that had disturbed his peaceful sleep that morning.

A thud sound of something fall off the bed brought Yunho's eyes snapped opened in an immediate response.

"Oh, Jaejoong?"

There, he found the pretty boy on the floor was rubbing his head with a small pout tugged his lips.

"Uh, sorry! Did I push you?" Yunho get off from the bed and rushed over the boy, before an astounded look took over his face as the sudden realization dawned on him.

"Jae, did you just wake me up and... calling my name fluently?"

Jaejoong blinked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter