The queer boy

A White Fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*****

“! Still doesn't get line.” A man clad in a long, brown coat sighed in frustration as he held his cellphone up trying to search for a connection to get help. He looked strained from fatigue, sweat evident on his face. It had been five hours since his tired legs kept on walking in the forest.

Even the sky above him that was once sunlit, now, slowly turned to dusk.

He kept grumbling, feeling dispirited. He had lost himself from the right track, and parted from his research team after falling from high ground while conducting research about the new found green herb. And now, unaware of what fate awaited him ahead, he stepped more astray into the deep forest, where no one ever dared to go. Since the legendary tale of the place that had been dismounted to their descendant of who knew how long ago, the folks from the nearer village forbid anyone to go near or close into the mountains.

Slowly, the sky was over taken by nightfall and the surroundings of the forest turned dim. The feeling of creepiness began to crawl on the man.

“Ah, I’m a man… be a man Jung Yunho!” He said in an ardor voice that he could muster, as if it could shake off the eeriness that started evaded him.

The sudden howling of an owl that rested on a deciduous branch made Yunho a bit jumpy. His heart started beating in uneasiness. “What is this bad feeling?”

Ignored the creepiness, he continued walking without realized there was a dark shadow lurking behind him.

After few more steps, Yunho suddenly stopped in his tracks as his ears caught the sound of someone or rather something had stepping on the dry twigs close behind him. Thrown off, Yunho fully turned around in an abrupt move, and there, his widened eyes met with a pair of deep-red eyes stared straight back at him.

“Oh !!” Yunho leaped backward, and stumbled onto the ground in shocked.

In front of him, with only ten steps of distance, stood a huge wolf growling as if he was finally seeing its prey.

“Oh, no… I.AM.DEAD.” He crossed his hands up and over his shaking body, as if that would shield him from the danger that was about to coming.

The huge, black-fur beast started moved further, seemingly wanting to promptly engulf its prey.

Yunho’s hands fumbled onto the ground trying to reach for any sort of object that he could use to defend himself with. He was quickly met with disappointment as all he grabbed were dry leaves and twigs that came from passing and coniferous trees in the forest.

“…” He cursed for the umpteenth time that day, and felt a shiver go down his spine. What a bad day he had been through today…or precisely might be his last day of walking on the earth.

Yunho saw the wolf seemed ready to leapt and swoop down upon him as he screamed his lungs out,

“Aaaaaaaaah!!!” with body dropped and curled on the ground, thinking his last breath would be taken away right at the moment.

Expecting something heavy to pounce on him, instead, he felt a whizz of something strike across him, hitting the beast. In instantaneous, the howl of wolf ruptured into the silent of the night – it howled in pain.

Yunho opened his tight-closed eyes, and slowly adjusting his sight to see what was exactly happened.

Under the dim light from the full moon above the starry night sky, which helped illuminate the dark in the forest, he caught a sight of a skinny guy in a real messy looks. His clothing stained with dirt and torn, his dark neck-length hair was jumbled and uncombed, seemed never combed. His hand held a log of wood that got blood trickling from it, which Yunho believed it was from the wolf. The creature was now limply laying near the skinny male’s feet in a heavy breathing pattern, seemed waiting for the death.

Before Yunho could have collected all the things that occured in a flash into his mind, the second howl from the wolf broke the hush of the night, as the wild looking man stabbed the creature with the sharp end of the log he held.

Yunho’s jaws almost dropped as his eyes widened at the scene before him.

After finishing the beast, the strange guy turned to face him. Yunho fidgeted in his spot as seen those slender legs, slowly turned and started stepping towards him, who was still paralyzed on the sole ground in a cold sweat.

Somehow, he felt the human being in front of him was more frightening than the huge wolf.

Yunho could felt his body turned freeze as the guy slowly leaned down his face close towards him. The hair at the back of his neck stood up as the stranger’s head dived into his neck and…..

*SNIFF* *SNIFF*

The queer male sniffed him.

“What the…” He couldn’t even finish his words as the person retreated to look back at him.

There, for the first time…his eyes met the big grey eyes of the skinny male, as their faces were too close. Surprisingly, Yunho found those vicious-cold, wild eyes softened as they met his.

The person was actually looked young, maybe in his teens and undeniably had an enchanting look when he looked at him closely. Those big-doe like eyes in its dark-grey color were glowing in the dim light of the night, seems mirrored the full moon. His nose was pointed in which Yunho thought it looked cute for a man, and his lips was pouty, which Yunho concluded that kind of look had been wasted on a male.

Yunho jumped again in surprised as the boy suddenly him on the cheek before he stood up with a straight face. The boy then outstretched his hand toward Yunho, seemingly wanting to help the petrified man to get up.

Hesitantly, Yunho held the boy’s hand.

‘It’s…so warm…’ That was the first thing that came into his mind as he felt the strange warmth of the other’s hand against his.

“What…are you?” He asked once him able to properly stand on his own two feet. He knew it was kind of rude to ask instead of ‘who are you’. Since the boy looked kind of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter