~♥ Is this Love?

Idiots in Love

 

Baekhyun came in several minutes after taking his shower.


"Channie?" He called out the younger's name. Chanyeol had his head covered in his blanket and underneath that blanket he was smiling like a creep.

Baekhyun assumed the younger one was asleep as he got no response so he just shrugged it off.

After a few moments of silence, the sound of the closet door open was heard followed by the sound of Baekhyun rummaging through the closet. Not long after the light was switched off.


Chanyeol knew that his hyung was all dressed up and was ready to sleep.
 

For some reason, his heart was beating really fast. Partly because he was excited and maybe… It was also something else. He waited for a few minutes for something that he hoped that would come.
 

But all the excitement was soon replaced by disappointment as he realised that he was wrong.
Wrong about what?

Wrong about the fact that Baekhyun had been sneakily sleeping on his bed..with him.

His smile soon turned into a pout as tears slowly blurred his vision.
Why was he feeling sad anyways? He thought to himself. It's not like he's expecting something. Or was he?

 

It was then he realised.

All this while, the butterflies he felt when Baekhyun touched him, the hint of jealousy he felt when Baekhyun was talking to Tao, the urge to touch him every single time when they are together and how much he wished that he was right about this. It was because...he loves his hyung.

He loves Byun Baekhyun.

 

Everything suddenly made sense to him. The reason why he never really did ask his hyung why he was so clingy towards him was because he didn't want to know the truth.

He was afraid that the truth was not what he wanted and that their feelings were not mutual.
 

“Channie..” Chanyeol heard a soft and angelic voice called him followed by a light tap on his shoulder.

Chanyeol was so lost in his thought that he didn’t realise that he was actually crying out loud. He cupped his mouth with his palms and tries his best to stop himself from crying.

“Channie baby, are you okay? Why are you crying? Does your stomach hurts?” Once again Baekhyun ask the taller boy. Chanyeol knows that Baekhyun is worried but he also knows that he couldn’t possibly tell the older boy that he likes him and he was crying because of him. And the fact the he couldn’t stop crying isn’t helping at all.

“Park Chanyeol! If you don’t tell me what’s wrong I can’t help you. Channie..please.” Baekhyun tries to lift up the blanket that is covering the taller one but Chanyeol refused to let go, instead he tightened his grip. Baekhyun lets out an exasperated sigh.

After a few minutes of silence, Chanyeol was still sobbing. He was crying even more thinking that Baekhyun had given up trying to comfort him. Though he made it looked like he didn’t want it but actually, Chanyeol was desperately in need of Baekhyun’s comfort.

He wants to hear Baekhyun’s soothing words, he wants Baekhyun to sing to him, he wants Baekhyun to look at him, he wants to be in Baekhyun’s arms and most importantly he wants Baekhyun to love him.

Baekhyun slips beside Chanyeol and slowly pats Chanyeol’s head, hushing him. Of course, Baekhyun wouldn’t just give up like that. This is Baekhyun we’re talking about. He loves Chanyeol more than anyone. He adores this kid more than himself.

And yet this kid, Park Chanyeol is crying thinking that Baekhyun doesn’t love him.

 

Chanyeol is happy. Happy for the fact that Baekhyun didn’t just left him there crying. He slowly pushes down the blanket and took a peep at his beloved hyung.

“Now are you going to tell me why you’re crying?” Baekhyun has the word worried written all over his face. He was in the verge of crying too. He hates it when Chanyeol ignores him.

Instead of answering, Chanyeol just stayed there looking at Baekhyun, still sobbing.

Once again, Baekhyun let out a sigh and softens. He reached out and slowly wipes away his tears.

“Is it your stomach?” He asked the taller one. Chanyeol shook his head.

“Is it your head? Does your head hurt?” Chanyeol shook his head again.

“Then, were you having a nightmare?” Baekhyun asked as he slowly the younger’s cheeks.

This time, Chanyeol nodded.

 

Well, it is like a nightmare for Chanyeol. To know that his hyung doesn’t love him the like the way he does.

But then again, this is all in his head. He didn’t really ask Baekhyun about it did he?

Still, stubborn Chanyeol has come to a conclusion that Byun Baekhyun doesn’t love him.

 

“Is it that scary? The nightmare..” Baekhyun asked the younger one. Chanyeol nodded and started crying again. Baekhyun then wraps his arms around the taller boy’s waist and hushed him.

“Shh shh..It’s okay, I’m here.” He hushed the taller boy and slowly combs his curly locks.

After a few more hushes and , Chanyeol finally stopped crying. Baekhyun look at his dongsaeng and smile.

“You’re a baby, do you know that?” Chanyeol lightly hit his hyung as he buries his face onto the older boy’s nape.

“Baek hyung..” he called out his name.

“Hmm?” Baekhyun answered, with his hand still the taller boy’s hair.

“Sing for me?” He looked at the taller boy and smile.

~

Don't hesitate any more
just take my heart please
Love shine like a light
even the moon close its eyes
if it's not me but someone else
if it's a line in a drama
burn out the scars that he had made

baby don't cry tonight 
through the darkness
baby don't cry tonight
like nothing happened
you won't end up turning to foam
so baby don't cry cry 
I will guard you with my love. 

~

And that’s how Chanyeol drifted off to sleep that night, listening to his Baekhyun’s angelic voice.

What he didn’t know was that, the song was actually meant for him. Baekhyun really did sing the song for him.

 

~♥~

 

After that night, Baekhyun realised that Chanyeol is ignoring him. They were much more distant from each other. Their skinship had lessened and Baekhyun was really upset.

He didn’t understand why he was being ignored but he didn’t even bother asking why. Of course the others noticed. They were starting to get worried thinking that Baekhyun and Chanyeol fought.

 

They were at the airport again that day. Chanyeol tried his best to ignore the smaller boy and walk away from him. Baekhyun was very hurt. So he walked next to Kai and Chanyeol was with Kyungsoo instead. Of course Kai thought it was weird but he just went with it.

Why was Chanyeol ignoring Baekhyun anyways?

He didn’t want to be too clingy. He was afraid that if he were too clingy he wouldn’t have the strength to stop himself from loving the smaller boy. He didn’t want to destroy what they had; their friendship.

It’s funny cause, whatever he is doing now; it is actually slowly killing their relationship.

 

What Chanyeol didn’t know is that, Baekhyun still do sneak on Chanyeol’s bed in the middle of the night and sleep with him. But truth be told, Baekhyun couldn’t possibly sleep when Chanyeol’s right beside him. Instead he spends his time looking at the younger’s peaceful sleeping face.

And sometimes he’d cry. He’d cry thinking about how Chanyeol is ignoring him. He’d cry because he thought it was because Chanyeol was tired of him. He’d cry because he knew that the person sleeping next to him doesn’t like him. He’d cry even more when he knew that he is head over heels over this boy who would probably never return his feelings.

“Please, look at me.” Baekhyun whispered to Chanyeol’s ears and drifted to sleep.

That’s how it is every single time after crying, he would whisper those words to the younger one.

 

So, Chanyeol thought Baekhyun doesn’t loves him but the fact is, Baekhyun loves him more than anything and it’s not just those bromance kind of love, it’s more like the love that’ll make your heart go wild.

And then there’s Baekhyun who thinks that Chanyeol was tired of him. But no, of course not. Chanyeol thought he was being too clingy.

Baekhyun had enough. All of the tears he shed for that idiot. He thought it was meaningless. And he had decided that he’d like to know why Chanyeol was acting like that.

 

~♥~

 

“Channiee…” He softly called out the name he hadn’t been calling for almost three weeks. It felt so strange. Chanyeol swore his heart stopped when he heard his Baekhyun calling out for him. He stiffened as he felt Baekhyun slowly slipped his arms around his waist.

It was a stormy night. The thunders were striking non-stop and all the raindrops that fell on their room’s window were making a very loud tip-tap sound.

Chanyeol was lying on his bed and as usual, Baekhyun slowly snuck onto his bed. But this time, he made sure that Chanyeol is aware of it.

“Channie-ah..” He softly called out his name again. Chanyeol closed his eyes tightly trying his best not to move. Baekhyun tightened his grip around the younger one’s waist.

After a few seconds of pause, Chanyeol open his eyes wide as he felt something wet on his back.

Baekhyun was crying again.

 

“Channie-ah..please look at me!” He hugged the taller one tightly as he bawls his eyes out. Chanyeol was dumbfounded. He had no idea why Baekhyun was crying and it cuts like a knife knowing that his love one is crying. He slowly turns around and crushed when he saw Baekhyun’s tear stricken face.

Is he crying because of me? But why? He thought.

He tilted Baekhyun’s face up and search for his eyes.

“B-Baek h—hyung..” He stuttered as he started to cry as well. He didn’t want to but looking at Baekhyun crying hurt him so much that made him cried too. He wiped off the smaller boy’s tears away.

“B—baek..st-stop c-c-crying!” He pleads the smaller boy not to cry. But Baekhyun continued crying. Chanyeol quickly wiped his own tears away as he wants to be the one to comfort his hyung this time. Not the other way around so he throws his arms around the smaller boy and hushed him.

 

 When Baekhyun finally stopped crying he broke the hug and looked at his hyung.

“Hyung..why are you crying?” He pouted as he slowly wipes off the almost dried tears on the angel’s face.

“Because of you, pabo!” He tilts his head in confusion. Baekhyun then hit him on his chest.

“Are you planning to ignore me forever? Are you ever going to talk to me again? Do you want me out of your life? Do you not want your Baekhyun hyung anymore?” he half yelled as he continuously hit the taller one’s chest. Chanyeol shook his head non-stop.

 

“No no! That’s not it hyung! I wasn’t planning to ignore you forever! I thought I was being too clingy and was afraid that I’d be too annoying! I was going to talk to you but I found it hard because I sort of ignored you for too long! I’m sorry hyung! I don’t want you out of my life! I want you Baek! You have no idea how much want you Baek!” Chanyeol retorted as he shook his head continuously.

“What do you mean by being too clingy? And here I thought you were tired of me!” Baekhyun pouted and crossed his arms.

“No Baek! Of course not! Why would I be tired of you? I was trying to not be too clingy to you because I was afraid that I might not be able to…”

 

To stop myself from falling in love with you.

 

Chanyeol wants to tell Baekhyun that so bad. He wants Baekhyun to know that he loves him. But at the same time he was afraid that Baekhyun would reject him.

“Able to what Channie?” He asked the taller boy in confusion. Chanyeol shook his head, showing no signs to tell his hyung. Baekhyun then slowly cupped his face and search for his eyes.

“Channie..tell me..please?” Baekhyun softly his fingers across Chanyeol cheeks as he pleads.

“IWASAFRAIDTHATIMIGHTNOTBEABLETOSTOPMYSELFFROMFALLINGINLOVEWITHYOU.” And of course Chanyeol couldn’t hold in anymore.

Baekhyun’s eyes went wide.

 

Did I just hear it right? D-did Ch-channie ju-just said, Baekhyun thought.

“Wh-what are y-you saying Channie?” Baekhyun’s heart skipped a beat. Chanyeol lets out a sigh and took a hold of the smaller boy’s petite hands.

“Byun Baekhyun, I-I think I may have fa-allen in l-love with yo-you.” Chanyeol mentally hit himself. He wanted the confession to come off romantic and sweet not rushed and clumsy.

“You think?” the smaller boy frowns. He didn’t like the fact that the younger boy used the term think. It made it seemed like he wasn’t 100% sure that he’s in love with him.

“Ah no! I know I love you. Very much in fact. To the point that I thought that my heart would explode every single time you smile or talk to me. It was hard for me to stay in a room together with you for more than 1 minute. The urge to touch you, the urge to tell you how much I want you to be mine and the urge to kill every single guy that talks to you were just too much for me to stand. I know very well that you don’t feel the same way as I do. I mean for pete’s sake! You’re not gay…Oh my god Baek! I’m sorry, I shouldn’t even confess! Now it’s going to be all awkward and you’ll stop talking to me and…”

 

Chanyeol was cut off by Baekhyun’s lips on his. He had his eyes opened wide as he was just too shock by the smaller boy’s sudden act.

Baekhyun was kissing him.

 

After a few seconds which felt like forever to Chanyeol, Baekhyun broke the kiss.

“You know, sometimes you talk too much. You didn’t even give me the chance to tell you.” The taller boy blinked his eyes a few times, still too shocked to even talk. Baekhyun gave him another peck as he thought Chanyeol was being too adorable. Chanyeol touched his lips and looked at the smaller boy.

“T-tell tell me w-what?” Chanyeol managed to speak out, finally replying the smaller boy.

“I love you too, you idiot!”

 

~♥~

 

They started going out after that night. Everyone in EXO knows about their relationship and they were all happy for them.

They are finally an item. Baekhyun no longer need to sneak onto Chanyeol’s bed in the middle of the night.

Chanyeol too no longer have to hide his feelings.

 

“Channie-ah, I’ll go to the toilet for a while.” Baekhyun said as he gave his boyfriend a pat on the shoulder. Chanyeol just nodded in response.

Kyungsoo was standing in front of Chanyeol. Chanyeol walked towards the doe-eyed boy and rest his chin on his shoulder.

“Kyungsoo yah, I like what you’re wearing.” Chanyeol had no idea why he said that. He was just being his weird self.

“Hyung, are you cheating on Baekhyun?” The doe-eyed boy questioned the taller boy.

“What are you saying Kyungsoo yah?” Of course Chanyeol was confused. He didn’t understand what he meant. He was sure he wasn’t cheating on his boyfriend.

“Why are you hitting on me?” He elbowed the taller one in response. Chanyeol laughed out loud at kyungsoo’s answer. He thought it was funny because he wasn’t hitting on the younger boy.

“Kyungsoo kyungsoo, I am not hitting on you, I just thought that your sweater is really nice. Why would I cheat on Baekhyun with you? Sides, do you think Jongin would let me go I he knew I was hitting on you?” He patted his dongsaeng’s fluffy hair and back away from his as Baekhyun was walking out of the toilet.

He gave his boyfriend his signature smile and reached for him, but Baekhyun ignored him and walked away.

“Oohhhh someone is in trouble!” Kyungsoo laughed at his hyung and walked away.

Oh damn. Baekhyun must have misunderstood! Chanyeol thought.

“Baek- ah” Chanyeol ran towards his lover and slipped his arms around his petite waist. He slowly ran his fingers towards Baekhyun’s slender fingers and intertwined their fingers together.

Baekhyun smiled at that. He couldn’t possibly stay mad at his lover for more than a second. Chanyeol knows Baekhyun the best. He knew just what to do to make his jealous boyfriend happy.

“Baek, I love you.” Chanyeol whispered.

 

“Love you more, Channie.”

 

~fin`

~♥ A/N}
soooooo how was it?
i hope it isn't that bad >_<
askdjhsd it isnt right?
but still, i hope you enjoyed reading this!
thanks alot for spending your time reading this fic!
it means alot to me, really. and to those who had subscribed, thanks~ i love youuuuuu!

Oh and I forgot to mentioned that this fic is actually inspired by a dream I dreamt few months back. It was actually the last scene of this two shot. LOL I was Chanyeol in the dream y'know. So I sort of get to back hug Baekhyun!alskjdkjs ehhe .ANYWAYS! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do subscribe and leave a comment! ♥           And to those who havent read my other Baekyeol two-shot, please do! Clickie! >         Saying I Love You