~♥ What is love?`

Idiots in Love

Have you ever wonder why Chanyeol's arm is always around Baekhyun's waist? Or shoulder? Or anywhere else you'd always see in all the pictures you stalked every day?


Majority thinks that it is because Chanyeol wanted to do it or maybe he is the one who initiate it.
But no, that is definitely not the case. It was not Chanyeol's intention to do so. It’s not that he doesn't like it, he liked it really much in fact, but it's always Baekhyun who initiate the skinship.
 

Well, at first. But after a while, It became Chanyeol's thing.
 It didn't take Chanyeol that long to realise that his roommate liked loved skinship alot. And he concluded that Baekhyun would only do it with him.
 
It all started when they debuted as EXO; not that they weren’t close before they debut. They were always on the move.
Obviously, because this is where you would always see their BaekYeol moment.
 

There’s this once when they were on the way to Incheon Airport, their manager was going all haywire double checking if they have brought everything. But Baekhyun could care less. He got all his attention on… well no other than, Park Chanyeol.

He couldn't seem to shrug off the tiny feeling Chanyeol was giving him. Chanyeol's right thigh was brushing against his non-stop as the ride was quite bumpy for some reason. And of course, being as oblivious as Chanyeol always is, he wasn’t affected by it at all. Baekhyun wasn’t complaining though. He liked it. A lot.

But that feeling was soon replaced by disappointment, as the car stopped which mean that they've reached their destination.

Baekhyun didn't realize that he was the only one in the car until Chanyeol call out his name. "Baek! Baekhyun-hyung! Aren't you coming out?" He looked at the taller boy and then quickly took his belongings and walked out.  

"Okay let's go to the boarding gate now. Stay close and take out your passports now!" Their manager said as soon as Baekhyun is out of the car. They were late that day so they had to rush.

As they were walking towards the boarding gate, Baekhyun were walking with Chanyeol close behind, with his passport in between his soft plump lips. It was very crowded as the airport was flooded with their fans. As there were too much people, it was hard for them to rush to the boarding gate. Fans were pushing them, some even reached out their hands to grab the members shirt but the security guards quickly shoved them away.  

Baekhyun was struggling to walk as he was literally sandwiched in between of the members as well as the fans. His head was still filled with Chanyeol despite all the mess he’s going through. Then he felt Chanyeol's hand brushing his. This simple and innocent touch is strong enough to send butterflies into his stomach.

 What he did later somehow startle him and also the taller one. He slowly trailed his fingers along Chanyeol's hands and brought them towards his waist. Chanyeol didn't pull away. But then he leaned in and whispered to Baekhyun’s ears. “Baek-hyung.” 

His hot breath tickled Baekhyun and it sent jolts to his spine.

He didn’t even bother replying as it was too noisy and it’s pointless shouting in between the crowd.

So, Chanyeol tightened his grip on Baekhyun's waist. A smile slowly crept on Baekhyun's face.

He's happy. Very happy indeed and even wished that the time would stop then and there.  

After that day, it became Baekhyun's favourite little habit to sneak Chanyeol hands around his waist or shoulder. Chanyeol never did question the older one though. Baekhyun was glad he that didn’t. Because, he himself do not understand why.

But as time goes by, Baekhyun don't even need to initiate it. Chanyeol would just place his hands around the older one's waist or shoulder like it was the most normal thing to do. But only whenever there's a crowd.

They immediately became every exotics OTP. Well, mostly. Fans would randomly yell BaekYeol and Baekhyun was very happy with the nickname their fans gave them. Chanyeol would sometimes tightened his grip around Baekhyun and wave to their fans whenever they were shouting BaekYeol earning even more yelling and squealing in return.

Baekhyun wasn’t entirely happy about it. Because he knew very well that Chanyeol was doing it for the sake of fan service. He knows that Chanyeol is straight.

At least he thought so.  

 

Sometimes at night, Baekhyun would wait for Chanyeol to sleep so that he can sneak onto his bed and snuggle close to Chanyeol as quiet as he can.

It’s funny how Baekhyun likes to sneakily do this and that when it comes to Chanyeol. At times like this Baekhyun was thankful that he was born short and petite because it made all the sneaking easier.

Being the heavy sleeper as Chanyeol always is, he didn't even flinched. But he will unconsciously wrap his arm around Baekhyun's waist assuming that it was his pillow.

 

 Today was no different.

Chanyeol walked into the room and turn off the lights. "Baek, you asleep?" He asked as he plopped on his own bed.

"Mmhm.." Baekhyun hummed in response and mentally face palmed. He was actually wide awake but he didn't want Chanyeol to know but how is that even possible that you’re able to answer a person’s question when you’re asleep?

"Oh. Good night! Sweet dreams." And of course, Chanyeol would fall for it. Baekhyun thought Chanyeol sounded a little weird but he just shrugged it off.  

After a few minutes of waiting which seemed like forever to Baekhyun he slipped away from his bed and slowly walked towards Chanyeol's bed. It usually takes a few minutes for Chanyeol to doze off so Baekhyun assume is pretty sure that he's asleep. He slowly pull Chanyeol's blanket down in attempt to slip beside him. When he placed one of his knees on Chanyeol's bed he heard a sniffle.

"Bae-baek hyung?" Chanyeol's voice was croaked and it sounded even more deep which is not normal.

 Baekhyun fell onto ground. He was startled that Chanyeol was still awake. "Owwieee!" He let out a grunt. He quickly stood up after that. He didn't know what to do. He paced back and forth for a few times thinking ways on how to explain it to Chanyeol, who is now looking at his flustered hyung. 

He thought that it was really embarrassing. He was caught red-handed. It was a good thing that they had the light off; because Baekhyun wouldn't want the taller one to see his tomato-red face.

 After a few seconds of pondering, he decided to just crawl back to his bed. But it was quickly stopped by tug on his wrist. He looked back and saw Chanyeol holding on to his wrist. "Ch-chanyeol ahh.." He managed to speak out. His heart is now beating like there’s no tomorrow.

Ohmygodd! What is he doing? Baekhyun thought.

 "Hyung-ug.." Chanyeol pulled his hyung closer which made Baekhyun fall on his bed. He was about to pull away from Chanyeol but stopped as he heard another sniffle coming out from the younger one.

"Chanyeol ah..what's wrong?" Baekhyun's is now worried. He cupped the younger one's face and search for his eyes.

"Ba-Baek..it hurts!" He muffled against Baekhyun's hands.

"Where? Tell me!" Baekhyun touch everywhere trying to search the source of his pain. Chanyeol once again took Baekhyun's hands and then place them on his stomach.

"Here, my stomach hurts." He said. Baekhyun let out a sigh of relieve. He should’ve known.

"Ohmygod Parkchanyeol you scare the hell out of me!" Baekhyun said as he relaxed around Chanyeol's touch. 

You see, Chanyeol gets really whiny and acts like a child when he's sick. So whenever he's sick, it takes five of them including the maknae to take care of Chanyeol. That’s why, it's really no surprise for Baekhyun to see Chanyeol cry over a stomach-ache.

 "Do you need some medicine?" He asked him and was ready to walk out of the bed.

"No! It's okay Baekkie!" once again he pulled Baekhyun down again. This time Baekhyun fell on top of Chanyeol which made his heart beat ten times faster than before, if it’s even possible.

 Baekhyun quickly pushed away and settled beside Chanyeol, facing him. "You sure?" He asked the younger one again, wiping his tears away. Chanyeol just nod in response.

"Ju-just stay with me. Sleep with me." Chanyeol whispered and brought Baekhyun close to him.

"Y-ya-yah!" Baekhyun tried to push him away.

 "Please Baekkie, just this once?" That’s it. He knew really well that Baekhyun would always give in when he uses his nickname on him. Baekhyun soften and look at Chanyeol.

"I guess..it's okay." He said. Chanyeol look at the smaller one and smiled. Though it was dark, but Baekhyun can clearly see his smile which also made him smile in return. 

Chanyeol had stopped crying a while ago. He snuggled close to Baekhyun, with his head on Baekhyun's shoulder.

"Baek..Good night." Baekhyun stiffen to his touch but then soften a while after.

"Good night Yeol-ah." He whispered to Chanyeol's ears as he slowly pat his head until he hear him snore.

He smile to that and drifted to sleep not long after.

 

~♥~

 

The next morning, Baekhyun woke up with a smile on his face.

The fact that Chanyeol is just a few inches away from him made him smile even more widely, if it’s even possible. He then lift up his hand and brush off a few strands of Chanyeol's hair away just so that he can get a better view of the younger one.

After a few minutes studying Chanyeol’s features he can't help but to think if that this was a dream. So he lifted up his arms again and softly pinched himself on the cheek. It hurts. Well it would only mean one thing, that this is actually real.


Why is this any different from all the times he snuck up on Chanyeol's bed anyways, he thought.


The answer is quite obvious though. It’s because he get to stay longer than he usually do. He would always have to make sure to wake up early just so that Chanyeol wouldn't know that he was on his bed. But this time was different. Chanyeol was the one who asked him to sleep with him, meaning there's no reason why he should hide it.


He spent the whole morning looking at Chanyeol. He actually woke up at 5am. It became a habit for him to do so.
It wasn’t until Chanyeol moves that made Baekhyun realised that he had fallen back asleep. He slowly opens his heavy eye lids only to be welcome by a puppy looking Chanyeol.

He can't help but to laugh. He reaches out to touch his cheek.
"What's wrong Chanyeol-ah?" He asked the younger one. Chanyeol didn't answer instead he tightened his grip around him.
He like the feeling Chanyeol was giving. He liked it too much in fact. He couldn't really put a finger in it though. He can't really explain how he feels.


"Chanyeol-ahh you haven't answer my question yet." he tries his best to push the younger one away. Not that he wanted to anyways. It’s more like he had to. He wants to check whether the younger one is feeling okay.


"Baek hyung, now my head hurts." Chanyeol pouted. He resists the urge to squeeze the juice out of him because he was being too cute.


"You should've told me." with that said Baekhyun rolled out of the bed and walked out of the room.
 
Chanyeol felt weird when Baekhyun left the room. It wasn't because his head was throbbing. Well partly, yes. This feeling he's getting is rather familiar? The loss of a sudden warmth. He then realised that almost every day he woke up to that feeling. What's more to it was Baekhyun's retreating figure. He remembers looking at that every morning.

So what's this? After a few minutes of thinking in attempt to solve this mysterious puzzle in his head, only then he realised. Baekhyun had been sleeping on his bed all this while. That explains the sudden warmness he gets every night and also and extra pillow.

He doesn't remember having any extra pillows anyways.
 
Chanyeol's thoughts were soon cut off when he heard the door opens. Baekhyun walks in with a cup of water on his right hand and medicine on the other.
"Here take the painkillers." Baekhyun hands the medicine to him.

He then sits upright and got ahold of the medicine and shove them into his mouth taking in a huge amount of water. Chanyeol hates it when he has to eat medicines but of course he wouldn't say no to his Baekhyun hyung.


"Rest well okay? I told Suho hyung that you are not feeling well so you can have the rest of the day off." Baekhyun pats the younger's head and make his way to the door. Before Chanyeol could even answer, Baekhyun was already out.
 
"How's Chanyeol doing?" Suho asked when Baekhyun plops on the sofa beside him.
"Alright I guess. He didn't say anything." Suho then patted his hands.
"I'm sure he is." He assured the younger one.
"He was crying yesterday, telling me his stomach hurts." Baekhyun speaks out rather to soft, it’s almost as if he is whispering.
"You know how our Channie is when he's not feeling well. I'm pretty sure it's due to stress. You know stress can give you all kinds of pain. You should take care yourself too, now that we are preparing for our comeback." Baekhyun nodded at his hyung signalling that he understands.
"I guess you're right. I'll go take a shower first hyung." He let out a chuckle as he realise how it was silly for him to worry Chanyeol that much just because he was having a stomach ache and a headache.


 ~♥~


"Okay guys! I think that'll be all for today! Go home and have some good rest. Your album's photo-shoot is tomorrow." Baekhyun heard their manager said. He let out a sigh of relieve.

Maybe He wasn’t exactly relieved. Yes, he was relieved that the practice ended early but the thought of waking up early again tomorrow made him feel...tired.


"Baek hyung! Here." He heard his favourite member of the group speaks out. Chanyeol had a bottle of mineral water on his hands. He gave him a little smile and took the water, drinking as much as he can.


"You must be tired hyung." Chanyeol muttered, his breath tickling his neck. The he realise that Chanyeol's head was on his shoulder. Chanyeol then slowly slips his hands around his waist, much to his liking.


"Mmhmm, aren't you?" He felt the younger one shook his head.


"Silly! Of course you are!" Baekhyun hits the younger head softly. He heard a yelp in response.


"Ouchie hyungg! That hurts!" Baekhyun let out a chuckle and patted the younger's head.


"Yeah yeah."

 

~♥~


 
"Chanyeol, are you okay?" Suho asked his dongsaeng when he saw the taller one laughing to himself.

"Huh? Uh..yeah! Never better."

As soon as the car stops, Chanyeol ran straight towards their dorm and to his shared room. He ran out with a towel and then proceeded to the bathroom.

“Yah, hyung! I thought we agreed that maknaes get to use the bathroom first!” Sehun whined as his bang the door.

“Sehun-ah, let him be.” Suho patted the maknae’s shoulder and pull him to the living room.

“B-but hyunngggg.”

 

~♥~

 

When Chanyeol was done showering, he wrapped the towel around his waist and walked out of the bathroom only to be welcomed by an angry looking Sehun.


"What’s wrong hunnie?" Chanyeol smiled at the younger and ruffled his hair. Sehun cringed and slapped Chanyeol hands away.


"Hyung!" Sehun yelled and pouted.


"Whattt?" Chanyeol asked again but then the younger one just glared at him. He chuckled at his childishness and ruffled his hair again.


"Go and shower now okay? After that sleep early, we have to wake up early tomorrow." he told the younger one.


"Well i could have slept even earlier if you let me shower first!" Sehun responded and stuck his tongue out. Chanyeol laughed at the younger’s outburst and walk towards his shared room.


He changed into his pyjamas while humming to his favourite song. He was really happy for some reason and maybe he was feeling a tinge of excitement too?
Why though?

 

~tbc`

~♥ A/N}
gahhahahahaha cliffhangers!
lol sorry, i hope you guys are teased?
i just feel like teasing!
the second part will be up very soon ;)
please do look forward to it!
oh and i appologize if there's any grammatical errors :/


 please do subscribe and leave a comment! ♥