A Average Day

The Beast Inside {HIATUS}

  It was a calm morning in Seoul. Traffic was scarce and the fresh morning breeze was welcoming. It was a fresh start for an average day.

“Excuse me. May I take you order?” Jihyun asked the customer.

“I’ll have a caramel mocha please.” The customer said.

“Okay~ I’ll be right there~” Jihyun bowed and went behind the counter. As she reached out for a cup, Seo In Guk ran into the back. He quickly slid into his uniform on he sprinted up towards the manager and bowed down.

“I’m so sorry…” In Guk said. The manager wasn’t pleased with his tardiness.

“ya… Seo In Guk-sshi… You always arrive late! Why?!” He scolded. In Guk hung his head down in shame as the manager continued to scold him. As the manager left for his office, In Guk his heels and sighed.

“Gukkie~!!” Jihyun chirped.

“Annyeong Jihyun-sshi~” In Guk waved.

“Oppa~ Why are you so late~?”

“I haven’t been sleeping a lot…..I’ve been studying…”

“Studying what?”

“….A-acting…” In Guk stuttered.

“Acting?” Jihyun cocked and eyebrow.

“Y-yeah…. Remember my audition last year?”

“hmmmm… AH! Yeah I do!”

“Well... I was asked to play the main role in K.Will sunbae’s new music video…”

“WHERE IS MY ORDER?” the customer called.

“OH! I’m sorry~ I’m bringing it over~” Jihyun called back. She quickly took the cup and gave it to the customer.

“here you go~” She said and ran back to her friend.

“Sorry~ anyways~ OH MY GOD!!!! K.WILL SUNBAE?!” She shrieked. In Guk smiled and nodded. Jihyun tried to catch her breath as the thought of her best friend starring in a music video with one of Korea’s best male kpop solo artist.

“Oh my god~ GUKKIE OPPA~ I’m so proud~” Jihyun sang as she attempted to hug him, but he dodged it.

“Ya! You know the rule….No skin ship.” He smirked. He turned around and started to take in orders from the arriving customers. As he continued taking in orders, he felt a weird presence. Jihyun was planning to give him the biggest back hug or hardest glom in the history of skin ship.*I’m coming Gukkie oppa~* As she charged towards him she suddenly tripped and fell. Only having to miss him by inches. In Guk turned around and saw her lying on the ground.

“You tried to back hug me didn’t you?” He questioned. He saw her ears turn into a bright shade of red from embarrassment. He held his hand out in front of her. She grabbed his hand and quickly sprung up.

“Oppa! I still don’t understand why you wear gloves all the time… Are you cold or something?” Jihyun said as she fixed her uniform.

“Uhhh…its fashion~ duh~” he replied.

“anyways~ oppa~ come over today~ Imma make you a surprise dinner~”

“well it’s not a surprise if you tell me.”

“okay smart … Just come over! I’m treating you.”

“Okay eomma~” The two laughed.

~~ After work ~~

“you know what you actually don’t need me to tell me to come over.” In Guk said as he locked the shop up.

“Why?” Jihyun said as on her lollipop.

“Because I always come over… and you’re such a child~ you always have lollipops.” He said. Jihyun rolled her eyes and pulled out another one.

“Don’t call me a kid when we both know you want one too.” Jihyun shoved the er in his mouth. He smirked a little and pulled his keys out.  The two walked into the back alley and got into the car that was parked there.

“oppa… One day you are so going to regret putting your car out here.” Jihyun said as he buckled her seat belt. In Guk rolled his eyes at her statement and pulled out of the alley.

“So what are we eating today~?” In Guk asked.

 “pizza~” Jihyun said. In Guk stared at her in disbelief.

“you got to be kidding me…..”

“nope~”

“What?! I thought you were going to make something nice for me?!”

“Well that was until you made that smart joke~”

“ughh… whatever…” In Guk sighed. Once they reached Jihyun’s house, her sister, Hyuna, ran outside and started knocking on the window of the car.

“YA! YA! JIHYUN!!!! THE STOVE BURSTED INTO FLAMES!!!!- Oh hi Guk-sshi~ how are you~?” Hyuna said and got carried away. Jihyun quickly jumped out of the car and ran inside the house, with In Guk following.  As they got inside the house they saw the kitchen in flames. Jihyun quickly ran into the garage and got a fire extinguisher.

“YA! OPPA! Here!” Jihyun said as she gave it to him. He signaled her to go outside, and she followed the instructions she was given.

 

~~ A few minutes later ~~

Jihyun and Hyuna had waited outside for a while now. They were worried what was happening and if In Guk would be ok.  As Jihyun was about to run inside, In Guk came out covered in ashes.

“Ya……Hyuna! Never make dinner again!” He sighed. He put his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. Jihyun quickly ran up to him.

“Oppa! Are you okay?” Jihyun asked worryingly.

“Of course I am.” He smiled. He ruffled her hair and walked up to the car.

“So… I’m guessing you texted your sister to make dinner. But I think you forgot your sister will burn anything. Right?” He joked. Hyuna fumed a little.

“Ya! I’m not that horrible…. It’s just….ok fine I am!” She said.

“So….uh….. should we go for Chinese then?” Jihyun asked nervously. They all agreed and got into the car. In Guk pulled out of the drive way and sped off. It wasn’t long until they reached the restaurant.  

“Ya! Ajummah! Can we have some more soju please~?” Hyuna cried.  Seo In Guk and Jihyun stared at her blankly.

“Ya…Unnie… You’re drinking too much… Stop…” Jihyun said.

“YA! Kim J-Jihyun…I can drink as much a-as I want~” Hyuna slurred as she drank another bottle of soju. In Guk shook his head and Jihyun scoffed.  

“Here~ you guys have a drink~ I won’t tell~” Hyuna offered while she filled up the shot glasses. Jihyun and In Guk exchanged glances and took the glasses.

“To Mr. Seo In Guk, for making his debut soon! Cheers!” Jihyun and Hyuna cheered.