Rumour #2

Rumour Has It

The relationship between Eli and YoonG was let out of the bag as soon as they got together. Soon, many people regarded them as the "popular" kids in school. More people now notice Eli's good looks and high IQ (as if not many people know already), and the fact that perhaps YoonG is more than just a fangirl. But within the school, someone was cursing their relationship. 

"Together? Not for long... Eli's gonna be mine. Because I can make him be mine." The tiny voice cackled in the janitor's room as she planned for something hard. 

 

/2 hours later/

[The Rumour] Eli is two-timing NS YoonG with Jessica! Eli seen flirting with Jessica! 

"WHAT? RUMOURS AGAIN? Seriously. I can't believe this! Eli will not flirt with others! He promised!" YoonG was angry when she heard the rumour passed around school. People were giving her empthathetic looks, with her snorting away at first, then realising what happened. 

"YoonG babe, I'm sure it's a rumour, it's definitely not real. Trust Eli alright?" Gina was trying hard to console the sobbing YoonG who had already broke down. She wiped away her tears and touched up on her make-up in the toilet, while complaining and texting to Eli asking for the truth, but Eli had not reply. 

Inside one of the cubicles was Jessica, who was listening intently and smiling that her plan worked. 
I knew this would happen, yes, my plan is working.  

After YoonG and Gina left, Jessica came out and went looking for Eli. 

 

/at the other side of the school/

"Hey bro! Heard of the new rumour? You got a new girl!" Jaeseop was laughing at Eli. Eli freaked out real hard, he merely spoked with Jessica and someone already started to scream new rumours, high school is one scary place. He was changing out of his gym clothes when Jessica barged into the guys' locker room. Every guy ran out just in case they were caught in the rumour, leaving Eli in the room. He squirmed. 

"T-t-this is a guys' locker room, why are you-you-you here?" Eli was stammering, he had never been cornered. But he could not help but stare into her eyes. Her eyes that somewhat looked different from everyone else's. Her eyes that somewhat felt familiar, and close. It was as though he knew her from long ago. 

"You belong to me. I spread the rumour. So now, get with me. Because that NS YoonG can have her fangirling moments to save her from a heartbreak but you don't. Don't regret, so come over to me now." She threatened. For a girl, she was a strong one. With such determined thoughts, Eli could not say no. He was so convinced. It was magic, some spell, he was now spellbound by her. 

There was just one problem. How is he supposed to face his girlfriend now?

Right then, as he exited the locker room, YoonG showed up right in his face. 

"Darling, where have you been? Why haven't you answered my phone calls and texts? I was worried. Have you heard of the rumours yet? Please tell it isn't true." NS YoonG was speaking as fast as she could, and Eli could only hear bits and pieces. He took out his phone and he saw:

20 missed calls ; 20 texts, 

on his phone screen. He was ashamed, he had forgotten about her. How could he ever forget about her when she took up his entire life for the past 10 years? 

"Uh, I was changing and we were talking, so I left my phone in the locker, sorry babe." Eli came up with a lousy excuse, but YoonG did not realise and just nodded. His cold sweat dripped down his neck but he quickly wiped it away. He held NS YoonG's hand and left the school, but little did he knew that Jessica was looking from behind. 

"Oh, this happiness is going to end soon. Just you wait, just you wait. Eli is mine..." She smirked.