Love Lasts Forever

Love Lasts Forever

 

 

ATTENTION! Make sure you listen to K.Will - My Heart is Beating in REPEAT mode. WARNING! REPEAT mode okay?

 

 


 

 

                I woke up in the morning and glanced at my desk clock. 6.25. It’s a bit too early for me since I never woke up before noon in Sunday. Well, but today is Christmas. Everybody should be celebrating Christmas with their family happily.

                Happily? I shrugged over my thoughts and leave my king sized bed. I was thinking about changing it with the single one. The bed was too big for me alone. I walked to the bathroom, but my steps became slower when I passed a big photo hanging on the wall. I lift up my right hand trembling, tried to feel the picture’s texture. I suddenly stopped my hand before touched the picture and went straight to the bathroom.

 

♥♥♥

 

                I peeked from the upstairs. I heard someone in the kitchen talking. I heard knife sounds chopping, boiled water from the teapot, and stir in the fry pan. I went to downstairs and took a bottle of milk from the refrigerator. My mum still on the phone while her another hand stirred the vegetables with spatula in her frying pan. She turned back to took another ingredients while I was took a sip of my milk from the bottle.

                “Oh, you woke up already! You surprised me.” She moved her cellphone away.

                “You must be.” I rolled my eyes and took her position to cook the rest. She patted my back to catch my attention and when I turned to face her, she pointed to the salt while she was still talking to her phone. I nodded and added a little salt into the fry and turned off the stove. I served the food in the table and waiting for mum joined me for breakfast. After 7485962103 seconds, finally she put her phone in her pocket and sat in front of me.

                “Honey, merry Christmas.” She said and smiled to me. I chuckled a bit, knew what she mean behind her words. She tilted her head, furrowed her brows.

                “You don’t forget, right?” she asked me. Then I felt my smile disappeared from my face. It’s too quick. I let out a deep breath before nodded.

                “Umma, are you going to remembering it to me every year?” I sighed and started to eat my breakfast.

                “Well, I don’t want to make you upset, Hyemi. But…”

                “But you did!” I put my chopsticks in the table harshly. Mum looks sad when I heard the door bells ringing. I quickly apologizing for my mistake to her and left her behind to open the door.

                It… it feels like a dream. I just can’t accept what happened. Time passed and I’m still here.

 

♥♥♥

 

                 I opened the door and saw Baekhyun, with his greasy smile. He quickly gave me a peck on my cheek and whispered. “Hyemi. I missed you so much.” He handed me a bouquet of flower. It was my favorite flower. I smiled and kissed him slightly on his lips.

                “I missed you too, Bacon.” I hugged him. He tried to lift me up and entered the house. He saw umma in the dining room and put me down.

                “I’ll be back. Wait.” He said and I nodded to him. He almost ran and approached mum from behind. Mum was quite shock but as usual, Baekhyun always makes her laugh. After a not long chat he came with mum following behind.

                “I thought she will be alone in her Christmas. But it solved now. Hyemi, I’m going home then.”

                “Ah, she won’t be alone umma! I promise that already. Please send my greet to father!” Baekhyun hugged my tiny waist.

                “Aigoo, look at these lovebirds. Fine. I’m going!” she said and wear her shoes. I tried to released myself from Baekhyun and accompany mum until my house gate. She turned back, going to close the gate but then she realized I was following her behind.

                “What are you going? Just go in. He must be missed you so much.”

                I pouted and hugged her. “Umma! Thank you. Be careful on your way, ok? Tell appa that I’ll call him later!” I said happily. She flicked her fingers on my forehead. “I know.”

                “Umma! It hurts!” I pouted. She laughed and closed the gate. I rubbed my forehead while went in to the house. I can’t saw Baekhyun in the first floor, maybe he went upstairs and...

                “AAAAA!” I gasped loudly when Baekhyun lifted me up bridal style from behind. He pinched my cheeks and he carried me to our room. Then he threw me to the bed.

                 He showered kisses on my face and we both played our nose together. He hugged my waist tightly and pulled me closer to his embrace. He kissed my forehead softly. I was leaning on his chest comfortably.

                “Baek, umma just flicked my forehead but I think it’s healed because you kissed my forehead.” I said. He chuckled and kissed my lips.

                “I’ll be your healer. Forever.”

                “Why you didn’t tell me if you’re going back home? I can pick you up in the airport, you know.” I pouted at him. He leaned his chin in the top of my head.

                “I want to surprise you. What do you think? Is it work?”

                “It works… a little.” I showed him a little with my thumb and point finger.

                “But you said you missed me.”

                “I still miss you.”

                “And I’m here.”

                “Okay you win. You don’t feel tired?” I his face, from his forehead, his eyes, his nose, his lips… so perfect.

                “I don’t because you’re here.”

                “Greasy Baek as usual… What are we going to do for Christmas?” I asked him. Maybe he has a good plan for us because a year ago, I didn’t celebrate Christmas with him because he went abroad. Now he was beside me and I felt so excited.

                “I’m going to sleep all day with you.”

                “It’s not funny. We have to do something fun! It’s rarely happened in our life, Baek.”

                “But I rarely had a chance to sleep with my wife…”

                “Fine… let’s sleep. I know you’re tired.” I said and pulled the blanket to cover us. He smiled widely and kissed my lips, passionately. “Thank you, Hyemi. I love you.”

                “I love you more.” I giggled as I saw his eyelids slowly closed.

 

♥♥♥

 

                I love it whenever I saw Baekhyun sleeping. He didn’t move often, and he slept quietly (Well, after he yelped like puppy 40 times actually). I touched his hair, combed it with my fingers. I ran my fingers softly on his face, admired God’s best creature in front of my eyes. Suddenly he grabbed my hand to stop what I did.

                “You didn’t sleep?” he asked, with his eyelids still closed.

                “I did.” I said while tried to sit down in the bed. I glanced at the clock and it’s already 2pm. Well, I’m hungry. I was going to jump out from the bed when I felt Baekhyun’s hands hugged my waist from behind. He rested his chin on my shoulder and continued to sleep.

                “Baek… I’m hungry. Just sleep, okay? I’ll prepare you lunch.”

                He shook his head and his embraced became tighter. “Don’t leave…”

                “I’m not going anywhere.” I tapped his hand that locked my body. Suddenly he pecked my cheek and then he groaned in his pillow. I rolled my eyes and left him in the bed room.

                I was serving the foods and thinking what we should do. I was thinking about buying Christmas tree since I don’t have any in my house when I heard Baekhyun’s steps from upstairs. I saw him with his proper clothes and he looks like he is going to somewhere. Is he going to asked me out? He walked closer to me and hugged me.

                “Hyemi-ah…”

                “What is it? Are you going to ask me for a date?” I giggled and pinched his nose. He brushed my hair and kissed me deeply.

                “Sadly, I have to go. Lee Soo Man just called me that I have another client to meet.”

                I frowned and abruptly stepped back away from him. I felt my heart became heavier. I thought we will spend our time together today. I thought…

                “Hyemi, I’m sorry. Promise I’ll be home early.” He walked closer to me, ready to hug me again, but I moved far again from him. I sat in the dining room, tried to act nothing is happened. I smiled widely at him while my heart hurts badly.

                “Let’s eat. It’s fine if you have to leave.”

                “But I have to go now.” He rested his chin in my shoulder and kissed my neck while his hand rounded my body. I sighed and nodded. “Oh, it’s okay. I can eat this all alone. Or I will call my friends to come.” He lifted up my chin to facing him. “Thank you. What about watching movie in cinema later?”

                “Mmm, that’s a good idea.” I mumbled. He kissed me and he left me in dining room. I can hear his car’s sound went away. I felt my heart shattered in the floor. It hurts badly. Even for breathing. I tried to forget and went to the living room and left my lunch stayed in the dining table. I washed my face and then changed my clothes. Maybe some fresh air can help me.

 

♥♥♥

 

                “Can I help you miss?” said the shopkeepers. I turned my head to saw him and nodded.

                “Yeah, I’m looking for Christmas tree. Do you have the white one like that?” I pointed to the biggest tree in the corner of the shop.

                “Oh sorry miss, but it out of stock.” He apologized.

                “Really? It’s okay. What about the one beside it?”

                “It’s ready miss.” He smiled.

                “Well I’ll take that one, please. And gave me the decorations, all that you have for that tree.” He nodded and then he led me to pay my purchase. They said the tree will be sent tomorrow. I left the shop and I bumped into someone until fell down in the ground.

                “Oh, sorry!” he said and helped me to stand. “It’s okay.”

                “Hyemi?” he asked and my eyes rounded. I faced him.

                “Chanyeol?”

                “Hi! How have you been?” he said and laughed.

                “Fine, Chan. Is the meeting finished already?” I asked him since he is worked in the same office and unit with Baekhyun.

                “Yeah, it is. But I think Baekhyun seems so busy. Lee Soo Man told him to accompany the guest.”

                “Really?” I frowned with the statement. It means he won’t be home early like he said.

                “Is anything wrong, Hyemi?”

                “Oh, nothing. I have to go, Chan. See you later!” I said and left him. I took a cab and went straight to home. I all lamps because it’s getting dark outside, and raining. I the heater and watch TV in the living room. Hope Baekhyun will come early like he just said.

 

♥♥♥

 

                I awoke from my sleep when I heard noisy outside. I saw my phone and its 1 o’clock in the midnight. Is that Baekhyun? I heard someone opened the door and I saw a woman helped drunken Baekhyun to walk. I frozen in my place. When I got my thoughts back, I suddenly follow them behind. I saw the woman laid Baekhyun on his bed.

                And they both kissed right in front of me.

                When she was ed her clothes, she turned and saw me stood in front of the opened door and watching all the scenes. I chocked but tried so hard to let my voice out.

                “Wh-who are you?”

                “I’m his business partner. What are you doing here? And who are you?” she asked me back coldly.

                “I… I’m his wife.”

                “Oh, I thought he’s single man. Well, better luck next time.” That woman harshly said and left the room. I stood still in my place until I heard the door closed. I felt my heart hurt worse. I approached Baekhyun wobbly. I sat in the edge of the bed and tried to take off his tux. I ed his collar and covering him with the blanket.

                While my heart broken into pieces and sobbing without sounds, I squeezed his tux so hard and let my tears drenched it.

 

♥♥♥

 

                I can’t sleep all night long. I sat in the couch, kept my eyes open. I want sleep so bad, but I can’t. It’s blank. My head kept repeating ‘who is she?’ ‘why is she with Baekhyun?’ ‘what does she want?’ ‘did Baekhyun cheat behind me?’. I was in mess. My face was swollen like a pig.

                “Jagiya~” Baekhyun called me from upstairs. As he started calling my name like that, my strength was collapsed to the cliff. I heard him walked closer behind me and he hugged me from behind. I sat like a stone. Not moved an inch. “Good morning, Mrs. Byun.” He kissed my top head; still have no idea with what was happened. He chuckled and went to the dining room. I didn’t hear anything after that, I kept wringed his tux on my lap. Not long after that, he came with curious face written all over on his face.

                “Hyemi, isn’t in dining room was yesterday lunch? You said you want to invite your friends to come.” He asked me. I kept stare to the floor and didn’t answer Baekhyun’s question.

                “Hyemi? I’m talking to you.”

                I stayed still. He tucked my hair behind my ear to saw me clearly.

                “Yah, Hyemi. Are you okay? You looks so pale.” He kneeled down in front of me. He tilted his head, “But Chanyeol said he met you in the shopping center. You sick?”

                My heart does. I said loudly on my heart. He grabbed my cold hand. It felt warm but my heart hurts a lot.

                “Don’t say you didn’t eat anything yesterday… what’s this?” He pulled his own white tux from my lap. “Isn’t this my tux yesterday that I wore for the meeting?”

                That tux showed everything. Lipstick marks, girls perfume. You can saw through it. It’s too obvious. I saw Baekhyun gulped. I sighed deeply as I stood and went to my bedroom. I packed all my clothes to my suitcase with shaking hands.

                I madly fell in love to him but he…

                Baekhyun was there and he stopped me.

                “Hyemi, I didn’t know what happened. Who drove me here last night?” I pulled my hand and continued to took all my things and put it in my suitcase.

                “Hyemi, please. I beg you. You know I have a low alcohol tolerance. I can’t remember anything. I just remember that I called Chanyeol to pick me up. That’s all.”

                “But I don’t want to remember anything.” I said with a flat tone. When I saw my bed, it’s like I saw their shadow still there, scared me. I zipped my suitcase and Baekhyun grabbed my arms harshly. He forced me to saw his face.

                “Hyemi, are you mad because I don’t keeping my promise yesterday? Hyemi, I already told Lee Soo Man for giving me break, so I can spend my holiday with you.” He said to make me calm. “And about that tux, I really didn’t know what happened. I swear!” I shrugged his hands away, I faced him. He looked deep into my eyes, like maybe he could dig what I saw. I can’t describe myself, I want to cry on his chest so badly, but my tears dried already.

                “Hyemi. You don’t believe me?” he stepped closer. And just like that, I stepped back. I made a distance between us.

                “Please tell me what I did. So we can solve this.”

                “You both kissed. In our bed.” I said and left him there, with shocked expression. I went to the bus stop near my house quickly. I heard he repeating called my name from far. A bus stopped and I stepped in. I just saw him slightly, ran and tried to catch the bus.

 

♥♥♥

 

                “Hyemi, Baekhyun is calling. Why you didn’t answer your cellphone?” Dad asked me. I didn’t open the door or answering it. I want to sleep. Door knocked again. “Hyemi?” then I heard he went away and mumbled, “Sorry Baekhyun. Looks like she is sleeping or she doesn’t want to answer. What happened…? Misunderstanding? Fine… I’ll talk to her later.”

                Then I saw my cellphone ringing again, I saw the caller’s name.

                Husband<3

                I didn’t move to answer that call until it back to silent. 37 missed calls. 9 messages.

                Hyemi I know you’re there. Please pick up my phone.

                You know I love you more than anything, Hyemi.

                Hyemi, I can explain this. Give me a chance.

                Hyemi please don’t leave me.

                I’m scared to death if you being like this.

                Hyemi, are you sleeping? Please pick my phone up.

                You know we can solve this, right?

                Should I quit from my job? So you can trust me back.

                Hyemi, your Christmas tree just arrived! It’s very big! I’ll decorate it and waiting you come back home. I love you so much <3 ㅋㅋㅋ

                And my eyes started to close and went into dreamland.

 

♥♥♥

 

                “Hyemi. What’s wrong with you? Baekhyun kept calling and asked if you eat something already. What happened?” Dad asked me while he folded his newspaper and put it on the table. I pulled the chair and sat down. “Nothing, I just need a time to think, Appa.”

                “Aigoo, tomorrow is Christmas and you’re fight with him? You should be having fun with him. You know he’s busy but he tried to taking time for you, right?” mum defended Baekhyun. She served the dinner and scooped rice into the bowl and gave it to me.

                “Okay just forget it a moment and eat. But you have to clear this problem after this.” Dad told me. I sighed and took my chopstick. Then I heard phone ringing. My mum approached the phone.

                “That must be him… Yobseyo?”

                I saw my mum frowned before she gave me the phone. “She’s asking you.”

                Suddenly I felt something bad happened. I was afraid to answer the phone.

                “Hello?”

                “Is this Mrs. Byun?”

                “Yes, you’re right.” I put down my chopstick.

                “We’re from the hospital. We found the phone in the Mr. Byun’s pocket and call his latest recent number. Mr. Byun is got an accident. A truck hit him when he was crossing the street,” said the caller. And just like that, I lost my consciousness and dropped the phone.

 

♥♥♥

 

                “Hyemi!” my mum called my name. I awake in the white place; I saw nurses, doctors, and patients passing by. I started to cry on my mother’s shoulder.

                “Umma, tell me that this is a joke… Why Baekhyun… Why…”

                “Shh, let’s hope the operate will end successfully.” My mother rubbed my back. I kept sobbing and drenched her clothes. My father was standing in front of the operation room anxiously. Finally, the lamp changed from red into green, told us that the operation ended already. A doctor coming out from the room, he removed his mask from his face. I ran over him.

                “Doctor… how is Baekhyun… Baekhyun’s condition?”

                “His condition was very bad. His head hit the pavement and the probability he woke up from his unconsciousness is a little, but I don’t understand why he kept stable at his condition. If you said it’s a miracle, as a doctor we didn’t believe miracle at all, but as psychologist, maybe he waiting something.” He said. I gasped and crying again, I grabbed his hand.

                “Please, doctor. Save him. Take every part of my body so I could save him. Please!” I shouted. He shook his head. “Sorry, miss. This is the best that we can do.”

                My mother approached me and hugged me. “Hyemi… you must be patient. It won’t solve the problem if you want he took all part of your body and gave it to Baekhyun. It’s useless.” She said with teary eyes. The doctor bowed and left us.

                “Hyemi, go and see him.” Father said. I shook my head hardly.

                “NO APPA! What if he leaves me after that? NO!”

                “Hyemi!” someone called me. it’s Chanyeol. I ran and hugged him.

                “Chanyeol… Baekhyun… Baekhyun…” I hit his chest. Chanyeol was asking my parent about his condition, after he heard it all, he was facing me.

                “Hyemi, he won’t leave you. That’s why he wants to see you.”

                “NO! I don’t care. I’ll just see him through this window so I could see him alive. Alive.”

                He his thumb and removed away my tears from my cheek. “It means you’re hurting him.”

                “Chanyeol… I can’t live without him…” I sobbed.

                “He will still live in your heart Hyemi. You’re strong person.” He patted my head.

 

♥♥♥

 

                I entered his room quietly. I sat in the chair beside his bed. I looked at his condition from head to toe. A lot bandage covered his body. I tried so hard to not cry in front of him. I grabbed his left hand softly, and whispered.

                “Oppa… it’s me.” I chuckled with teary eyes. “I called you oppa! You know I don’t want to call you oppa because I easily embarrassed. But you always teased me and called me ‘Jagi’ ‘Yeobo’ in public places.”

                “Why are you so careless? You should be more careful when crossing the street next time.”

                “I’m sorry. I was mad because you left me. I thought you’re going to spend your holiday with me. Then I was mad because you went home, drunk, with a woman that I don’t know who.”

                “She… she kissed you that time. My heart broken into pieces, you know.”

                “But seeing you like this… it makes me realized, I was too selfish, childish, and my heart is shattered. I think I’m the one who should lie in this bed. Not you.”

                Then my tears slowly dripped and drenched his hand. And that time, I felt his hand responded and squeezed my hand back. My eyes rounded.

               “Baekhyun? Did you hear me? I’ll call doctor.” I said. When I want to released his hand, he held my hand to stay still.

                “Baekhyun…?”

                Don’t say like that anymore. He wrote in my hand with his finger. He tried to communicate with me. He wrote slowly so I could understand every word. I used my other hand to cover my mouth, so he couldn’t hear that I was sobbing that time.

                Hyemi, I’m happy I could hear your voice again. When you didn’t want talk to me, I felt frustrated. I just remember your sad face and it make me hurt.

                Now I could hear my sobbing in this room. I can’t take it anymore.

                Don’t cry Hyemi. Forgive me.

                “I forgive you already, Baekhyun. You’re my husband. I was the one who should apologize to you.”

                Could you take off my mask? I want to say something to you.

                “No Baek, no. It will danger your life.” I shook my head.

                Please, jagi?

                I was crying, shook my head hardly. I didn’t want he leave me so fast. He promised me he will stand next to me, he promised he will always there next to me when I woke up from my sleep, he promised me…

                To stay together with me until we die.

                But I can’t be selfish again. I should accept everything that God already decide for my life. This is his probably last request…

                Trembled, I opened his mask. I can felt he squeezed my hand and I got my face close to his.

                “Hyemi…

                I’m sorry,

                I love you,

                And merry Christmas.”

                “Merry Christmas, Yeobo. I love you too, more than anything.”

                He smiled.

                And just like that, the beat detector slowly showed his beats that constantly dropped.

 

♥♥♥

 

                I opened the door and saw Chanyeol with his black tux. He gave me a bouquet flower. It became a habit since Baekhyun left.

                “Merry Christmas.” He said and grinned.

                “Merry Christmas too, Chanyeol.”

                “Should we go there now?”

                “Yeah, let me changed my clothes first.” I put the bouquet in the table as I went to my room. I wore my black traditional gown, and I saw my wedding photo again on the wall.

                I went downstairs and approached mum. “I’m going, umma. See you.”

                “Send my greet to him.” She said. I nodded and left with Chanyeol. We went to his grave; it’s not really far from my house. After we arrived, I went straight to his grave and put a lily flower on it.

                “Baek, Merry Christmas. It’s our third time celebrating Christmas, here, together.”

                I sighed. “I missed you so much. Umma and Appa too. We missed you."

                “You know, I never changed our Christmas tree. I let it to become our memories. You hanged your wish right there, and so do I. I always hanged my new wish every year.

                I hope we can see each other next time. And that time, I won’t waste my time to jealous over you. I’ll be a good wife for you.

                You hope we can stay together, right? I still love you no matter what Baek. I love you, more than the air I breathe.”

                I stood and left the grave. I didn’t cry like last 3 years before. I became more mature than before.

                “Finished?” Chanyeol asked me. He already prepared a box of tissue on the car’s dashboard. I nodded and laugh. “I don’t need those tissues anymore.”

                “Well, say a woman right here. Should we go home?” he started the engine. I shook my head, “No, Chan. I want to eat ice cream in the place that I usually visit when I date with Baek. It’s been a long time.”

                “Okay.”

                We arrived in the ice cream shop. It was very crowded. We can’t find place to park the car.

                “Chan, you can drop me here. I’ll buy it and you can search place to park your car. You want some?”

                He nodded, “Yeah, same as you.”

                I get off from the car and went in to the ice cream shop. I bought Baekhyun’s favorite flavor and gave the money to the cashier. I was going to search Chanyeol’s car when I saw Baekhyun across the street.

                “Baekhyun…?”

                He smiled at me. I was thinking it was hallucination. But a lot cars passed by but he’s still there.

                I didn’t care with the stop signal, I crossed the street carelessly.

                “HYEMI! WATCH OUT!” I heard Chanyeol screamed nowhere. I turned and saw a big bus came over me.

                The last thing I knew was sound of horn, brake, and people were screaming.

                Then everything turned became dark.

                I’m home, Baekhyun.

                I miss you, Hyemi.

                So do I.

 


IT'S OVER GUYS. OVER. LOL.

Please comment! ^^ The ending is really short but... yeah that's why it's called one-shot.