Trying to let go

The Girl of the Rain

Sehun sat at his desk , eyes trained on the falling rain outside the window beside him. Ms Kim , their math teacher , just sighed and continued teaching. Not minding that one boy who simply doesnt care about anything. Because this is Sehun. The boy who cuts himself from the world , throwing everything away whenever it rains. Its what he does. Moarning for four years straight. At first , everyone cares. Because Sehun was a boy filled with bright smiles and sunshine. A boy who dreams . A normal teenager. Wild, reckless . 

But most of them lose hope. and left him. alone.

Because his smile lost so suddenly. No one was ready to face such a depressed Sehun. No one knows what to do. 

Because his smile disappears along with that one girl. The class clown. The most beautiful girl of the whole school. The reason of Sehun's smiles.

They lost two of their most bright person , on the same time. 

 

--------------------

 

"Yeon hee, stop playing in the middle of the rain! you'll get sick!" Sehun yelled. Worry filled his words.

Yeon hee laughed and continued stomping on every puddle she finds.Enjoying the splashes that wets her shoe and pants. "Come on , hunnie! It's fun!" She said .

Sehun shook his head. "No. I dont want both of us to get sick. Someone needs to be healthy enough to take care of the other." he said , voice serious. Yeon hee paused. and skips her way towards Sehun. until she stands right in front of him , face just inches away from Sehun's. Making the boy blush.

"You're gonna have fun in the rain with me, right Sehunnie?" she whispers , breath ghosting over Sehun's lips. "FIne."

Yeon hee smiled , pecked Sehun's lips and pulls Sehun by his wrist into the rain. Sehun grumbled. "You seduced me into this." Yeon hee lets out a cheerful laugh. 

Sehun stared as Yeon hee starts jumping on puddles again . Her long hair drippling wet. Slowly , he went behind Yeon hee and puts his arms around her waist. Tucking his face on her neck. 

Yeon hee smiled. "You're wet."

Sehun nuzzles into her neck and mumbled "and you're beautiful." against her hair. She grinned. "So are you."

 

"SEHUN!" Sehun zaps out of his flashback. Just as a car zaps past , so close to him. Sehun steps back , and a pair of hands fell on his shoulders.

"YOU SCARED ME , YOU IDIOT!" Sehun recognizes the familiar voice , and turned. And he met a very very very worried Kai.

"Jongin." Sehun breathes , and lets himself fall into Kai's arms. Kai mumbles incoherent curses which sounded very much like 'you son of  motherer always making me worry i seriously hate you yet i love you' but pulls Sehun away from the road and drag him to their shared apartment.

 

"are you going to tell me whats going on your head that almost made you walk in front of a moving car and die?" Kai asked , setting a cup of coffee in front of Sehun. Sehun sighed , letting the warm steam of the hot coffee hits his face, and shook his head. " I would , but you might get bored and leave me if I tell you." Sehun mumbled. He couldnt afford loosing Kai. He's the only friend that stayed with him. Eventhough Kai never met Yeon hee , Kai knew the effect that girl has on Sehun.

"Yeon hee flashback again?" Kai asked. When Sehun nods , Kai lets himself sprawled on the table. "Yeah . I'm bored. but I'd never leave you."

"Why dont you? That's what everyone does. That's what Baekhyun hyung did yesterday." Sehun mutters , vivid memory of Baekhyun screaming at him to move on before leaving their used-to-be-shared flat flashes across his mind.

Kai sighed. "Sehun , they never left. They're still worried about you. But you shut them off. Baekhyun hyung loves you. We all do. But all we want is to see you move on. It has been too long , Sehun. Four years isnt normal. She died. She wont come back."

" I know. But I cant stop myself from wishing she'd be back." Sehun said , voice laced with absolute sincerety. Kai sighed again for the umpteenth time , and pulls Sehun into a tight hug. 

"All we want is you to be happy."

Sehun didnt answer.

 

Sehun sat down on the park bench , not minding the wetness of puddle on the bench seeping into his jeans.

It's still raining. But its very calming.

"we all want you to be happy."

Sehun wanted to reply. Sehun wanted to say that "I know. I do too."

At times like this , moving on seems like a beautiful idea.

But can he?

 

While he was in a deep thought , his eyes caught a girl in the middle of the park , hands held out in the rain.

The girl looks so mesmerized by the rain , eyes twinkled at the sky.

She was blindingly beautiful. She is.

But thats not what Sehun is focused on.

Its the fact that that girl..

looks exactly like Yeon hee.

Sehun thought it was just his imaginations . That that girl wasnt real.

But when the girl starts humming out a tune that Sehun recognizes immeadiately,

' Goose's Dream ' ..Its Yeon hee's all time favorite song.

"no. not when I'm struggling to get over you. you couldnt. you cant do this to me." Sehun felt like screaming.