We Met In The Rain

When The Rain Comes

Yongguk sighed while looking the pouring rain in front of him. He already left behind since he rejected to go barged into the rain together with his friend to go home. He hates being wet. But, it's already late in midnight yet the rain kept pouring from the dark sky, didn't give any sign to stop anytime soon.

"Gosh, can't you just stop for 10 minutes so I can at least go to the minimarket? Aish" Yongguk grumbled by himself. He glared at the innocence rain in front of him.

And, if like the sky scared to him, the rain suddenly slowed down and became some little drizzle. Yongguk blinked  for a while, amazed about the rain. But without second thought he rose his leather jacket to cover his head and ran to the nearest mini market at the corner of the street.

Yongguk stopped abruptly when he saw a figure from his left eyes's corner. He saw you stood in the middle of the empty street with your head up to the sky.And he couldn't help himself to not stop and staring at you.

You looked enjoying yourself in the middle of the drizzling rain. You kept your face up to let the rain softly hit your face with its coldness. Slowly you stretched out your hands to the front and smiled when you felt the coldness in your arms. You felt cold and refreshed, somehow you felt light and happy too.

Suddenly you felt a shadow fell over your head, you couldn't felt the rain on your face. Slowly, you opened your eyes, and widened them when you saw a couple of eyes stared over yours.

"Whoaa" you said in surprised, stepped further from Yongguk in reflex.

"Who...Who are you?" you asked him after managed to slowed down your fast beating heart.

Yongguk scooted closer to you, carefully put his leather jacket over both of your and his head.

"You will get cold if you stay like that. And what if a car suddenly appears?" he scolded you with his deep intimidating voice.

Unconsciously you put your head down "I'm sorry"

Yongguk chuckled "Why would you say sorry to me?" he asked in between his stifled laugh.

Yongguk could saw a shy smile formed on your earth-facing  face. He smiled. "Let's go inside that minimarket"

You nodded and walked side by side with him. Yongguk opened the minimarket's door for you and told you to go in first.

"Welcome" said the boring minimarket's worker over the cashier counter to both of you.

You smiled to the worker "Hello" you simply greeted him. And he smiled back to you.

Yongguk amazed to your friendliness * How she can greet a stranger so nice like that?*

You turned to him and waiting for Yongguk to say a word. He just blinked at you, now that he could saw your full figures clearly, he was at loss of words. You have a petite figure with pale skin and long wavy black hair. You were wearing a sky-blue cotton dress that drenched a little by the rain. He blinked again, and now he saw your big brown eyes with long eyelashes that have some rain droplets threatened to drip from them.

You blinked at him "Hmm...what about a cup of hot chocolate?" you offered him "It's a bit cold here" you shuddered a bit when you felt the air-conditioner's wind breezed through you.

Yongguk was about to took off his leather jacket, but you walked away to the hot drink counter. He caressed his back head in nervous.

*Aish, why do I feel like stupid in front of her?*

He followed you to the hot drink counter, you held a cup of hot chocolate to him "Here, for you" you smiled.

Without waiting for his answer, you walk to the stools line near the windows and sat on one of the stool.

Actually, you avoided to talk to him because you were nervous too *Aigoo, stop beating so hard, will you?* 

You quickly fixed your gaze to your  cup as you felt Yongguk's presence beside you.

"Thank you for the hot drink" he said in his deep heavy husky  voice. You just nodded.

Both of you sipped the sweet and warm drink in silence.

An awkward silence.

"So" Yongguk finally broke the silence " What were you doing at the middle of the street under the rain?"

"Celebrating the rain" you simply said.

He looked at you like you just did a crazy tumbling in front of him.

You chuckled at his expression "Isn't today is the first rain after six months?" you said "I was celebrating the rain for finally fell down" you grinned.

Yongguk left out a laugh "Maybe you are the only person I know who celebrating rain"

You laugh along with him "Well, technically, we are still a stranger to each other" you chuckled.

Yongguk could feel his ears got warmer *Wait, why would I get blushed by that simple words?*

Your sneeze brought him back to the minimarket.

"That's what you get from standing in the middle of street, celebrating rain" Yongguk said, he took his leather jacket and put it on you.

You blinked at him.

"To make you warm" he said, avoided your eyes and staring at the street. He sipped his drink to hide his smile.

You smiled. You wore the jacket over your dress and he was right, it made you warm. And for the bonus, you could smell a faint man cologne from inside the jacket. And you could heard your heart beated so hard again. *I hope he can't hear my heart thumping like crazy*

"Thanks" you genuinely smiled in thankful to him.

Yongguk smiled to you too. *Maybe celebrating rain is not a bad idea after all*

"So, we shared drinks, we talked, and I even lend you my jacket, what did I miss to make you un-stranger to me?"

*Wow, I never know I'm such a flirty guy* Yongguk hoped you didn't see his reddened ears.

You chuckled " Hello there, my name is Park ________, nice to meet you" you faked a formal smile while held out your right hand.

Yongguk grinned "Hello, my name is Bang Yongguk, nice to meet you too" he tried to smile like you and shook your hand.

Both of you then broke into a long laugh.

 

 

 

Do you remember? That was how we met for the first time, on a rainy day.

 

********************************************************************************

Hello there^^

This is just the beginning, wait for  next chapter, okay ^^

don't forget to comment

love you ^^

P.S : it's raining again outside