Night and Day - Part 1/4 - Night - Chapter 10

Night and Day - Part 1/4 - Night

Confused the next evening by the fact that 1. Yesung wasn't there and he had been tucked into bed, and 2. his cellphone was ringing insistently and getting on his nerves, Kyuhyun stumbled out of bed and down the stairs, muttering angrily about idiots and strangling the prick who'd invented the damned cellphones in the first place.

Surprised that the caller was a number he didn't recognise, Kyuhyun answered the call warily.

"Hello? Can I help you?" he asked, keeping his tone business-like just in case it was someone from his record company or Seunghyun's office. Hearing the panic in the voice on the other end, Kyuhyun realised something was wrong and it had nothing to do with work.

Sungmin had nearly exhausted all options at this point.  No one knew where his accident-prone room-mate was... not the school, not his family, not his classmates.  The fact that Yesung was staying out until dawn all of a sudden was worrying enough, but he'd always come back and crashed for a few hours afterwards... until now. The only idea Sungmin had left was to try that new number in the small phone book Yesung kept, recalling him talking to someone on the phone prior to leaving the evening before.

Pacing back and forth worriedly, Sungmin let out a frustrated "Finally" when the person at the other end of the phone picked up.  If it had been any other situation, he would have flipped at the voice coming through the speaker, but not now.  Now he was scared and worried.

"Sorry, but is Ye— Kim Jongwoon, is Kim Jongwoon there?" he asked frantically.  "This is Lee Sungmin, his room-mate.  He never came back to the dorms last night, did he stay with you?"  Praying the answer would be yes.

A sick feeling of dread hit Kyuhyun as Sungmin explained that Yesung hadn't made it home last night and he sat down (or rather collapsed) on the sofa in shock.

"He was here last night but left this morning..." Kyuhyun said faintly, wondering what was going on. Yesung had promised not to leave him but somehow... Kyuhyun had the feeling that this wasn't by Yesung's doing. "At least I think he did. I fell asleep... and just woke up to your call..."

"Did he say if he was going anywhere else after coming here?" he added, hoping that maybe he'd just gone straight to class; he had told Yesung to take a change of clothes, after all, just for that purpose. "What I mean is, did he go straight to class rather than to the dorms? And then to work?"

What had happened to Yesung? Kyuhyun knew he was accident-prone and would have to check the hospitals to make sure he hadn't been admitted for any accidents or anything like that but it would take time. While he hoped nothing had happened to Yesung, Kyuhyun had to check everywhere. Fear and worry was starting to make him shake and he nearly dropped the phone.

"Where have you looked for him? Has anyone seen him at all?"

Sungmin felt his stomach drop at the negative reply.  "Where did he go this time," he groaned, falling down onto his bed.  He ran a frustrated and shaking hand through his hair. 

"No, no he didn't.  I checked with all the teachers already. He wasn't in any of his classes, nor did he come back here and crash then just go to work..." He eyed the bed across from his.  "His bed hasn't been touched at all."

"I called his work, too... he isn't there either and it's already over an hour into his shift.  Yesung doesn't miss work..."

Taking a deep breath, he explained further.  "I called his family, but they didn't even know he was missing.  If he'd been in an accident or something, the hospital would have called them right away, but they had no clue.  Apparently they have the police looking now, but no one has any idea..."  Sungmin covered his eyes with his hand. 

"I tried calling his cell phone, but even though it rings, so it's not turned off, no one answers.  Even Yesung isn't so horrible with directions he could get that lost.  It's like he just... disappeared."

"No, that's not possible," Kyuhyun breathed, his eyes going wide as he shook his head. "He can't just... leave. He promised..."

If he wasn't in any of the hospitals, where could he be? Had something... Kyuhyun's eyes changed from their normal dark brown to black, then to red as his fangs began to show. If any of the other vampires in Seoul had killed him or worse, turned him, Kyuhyun was going to kill them. In ways that were both messy and painful.

"I will find him," he informed Sungmin, his voice going cold. "I will find him and bring him back... one way or another..."

Closing the call abruptly, Kyuhyun grabbed his keys and wallet, and stood up, grabbing his in-car charger almost as an afterthought. He didn't want his phone dying on him at the worst possible moment, especially if Yesung called him. Going out to the car, he got in and began to drive aimlessly, going to all the places they'd been, the university (just in case Sungmin had been mistaken somehow) and the surrounding areas, all to no avail.

As midnight approached with no word or sign of Yesung, Kyuhyun was becoming desperate, hating himself in that he'd fallen asleep and lost any chance he'd had to making Yesung stay with him that day. If he wasn't a vampire, he'd have been able to be with Yesung, to make sure he was safe. Recriminations circled around in his head, driving him crazy with fury and fear the longer Yesung remained missing.

The only thing Kyuhyun knew with any certainty was that Yesung wasn't dead. Yet. He would know somehow if that happened, Kyuhyun had no doubt about that, and that kept him going.

Sungmin pulled the phone away from his ear to stare at it with wide eyes.  Okay... Cho Kyuhyun was much more different in real life than he'd thought.  The chilly tone sent shivers down his spine.  Did he know where Yesung was?

Looking at his phone and thinking, he jumped when it rang again, quickly opening it when he say the number for Yesung's family flashing across the display.  "Yeoboseyo?  No, no, haven't heard anything yet..."  He bit his lower lip.  "I'm going out to look too.  Tell me... has YeSungie ever mentioned anything about a Cho Kyuhyun...?"

Groaning softly, Yesung opened his eyes.  His head pounded, the back of his throat dry from whatever chemical he'd inhaled.  Coughing, he blinked a few times and tried to see through the darkness surrounding him.  What had happened?  He'd been on his way back to the dorms, then... then...

Pushing himself up off the cold floor, Yesung winced as the movement intensified his migraine.  Where was he now?  Blinking past the darkness and trying to focus, he could see he was in a large room of some sort...

...and he wasn't alone.

"You're finally awake," a voice came from behind Yesung, cold and mocking. "You slept so long, I thought Kyuhyun might have already turned you... but he's too weak to do that, it seems." The vampire came closer. "But I... am not."

The vampire bared his fangs in a chilling smile, his expression cold. "I've been watching you for a while and I can't believe he's fallen for someone like you. You almost get him killed twice, which, by the way is such a shame. He should have died both times, really...." He shook his head. "I tried really hard to make them look like accidents too, but the first time, he lived... somehow. The second time..."

Glaring at Yesung, the vampire came still closer. "You were in the way. He always was too soft. Don't worry though. I'll put you out of your misery as soon as Kyuhyun figures out where you are and comes to save you. Then, while he watches his pretty little toy die in front of his eyes, unable to do anything to stop it, I'll kill him too."

"How does that sound? I rather like that idea myself..." The vampire held out his hand. "Your phone?"

Yesung froze at the voice, turning around to face the man approaching him.  Breathing suddenly became much more difficult as he noticed the sharp fangs, breaking out in cold sweat.  A vampire... had he really been kidnapped?

Of all things to happen...

It took only a few seconds of listening to the vampire's cold voice and chilling words to know that this man was much different from Kyuhyun... he was a killer.

"Y-you... you were the one responsible for the accidents?"  Yesung whispered, trying to back away from the vampire even though he knew it was useless.  His legs wouldn't work properly, his mind screaming to get up and run but he couldn't.  "Why?  Why hurt him?  W-what has he ever done to you?"

Why would a vampire try to kill one of his own kind?
At the request for his phone (which really wasn't a request at all), Yesung stiffened, finally getting his legs under himself and standing up quickly.  "No," he said with a firmness he didn't feel.  "I won't let you hurt him!"  Kyuhyun.  Kyuhyun couldn't come here, if he did... he'd die.

Taking a step back, Yesung pushed one hand into his pocket and pulled out his phone, flipping it open.  He'd break it... break it so this man couldn't call Kyuhyun and hurt him.

The vampire smiled again, the smile even colder than before. "Why do I want to kill him? Because he took Heeyoung away from me. She left me all those years ago and went looking for him and I never saw her again except after I found out she'd died. I can't ever forgive him for that, you see. I loved her and wanted to make her one of us, to keep her with me forever, and she wouldn't have it. She wanted him. That weak, pathetic excuse for a vampire."

His voice was mocking as he spoke of Kyuhyun. "I doubt he's even mentioned me, has he? I'm Park Daejung," the vampire said sarcastically, sweeping a mocking bow in front of Yesung before moving quicker than Yesung could hope to counter and taking the phone from him before he could smash it or otherwise stop him from being able to use it. "I don't want to hurt him. I want to kill him. There's a difference, even if not much of one..."

Looking through the phonebook, Daejung smirked as he saw Kyuhyun's name, pressing 'send' and putting it to his ear as he watched Yesung warily.
 
"Kyuhyunnie?" he said with a smirk as it became obvious that Kyuhyun had picked up the phone, expecting to hear Yesung's voice. Whatever Kyuhyun said in reply amused Daejung and he laughed coldly. "I see you remember me. And here I thought you'd forgotten all about me. I guess I was wrong..."

"What do you want," Kyuhyun replied, having pulled over to take the call, his eyes glowing redly in the darkness of his car. "Where's Yesung? You better not have hurt him..."

"Your precious toy is here, don't worry, Kyuhyunnie," Daejung purred, grabbing Yesung's arm and digging his fingernails into his skin. "He's unhurt... well, sort of. It kind of depends on what you mean by unhurt, really..."

"If you hurt him, I will kill you," Kyuhyun said viciously, going almost crazy when he heard Yesung gasping in pain. "Forget that, I'll kill you anyway for taking him against his will..."

Daejung looked at Yesung and began to laugh even harder. "It seems your little boyfriend here is upset I've taken you against your will. I told you he was weak..." he said to Yesung with a smirk.

Park DaeJung... he knew that name.  That was the name Kyuhyun had uttered last night, the one HeeYoung had left him for.  Yesung felt his stomach drop.  Whatever trouble he thought he was in before was now much, much worse.

Gripping his phone with both hands to snap it in half, he yelped as it was yanked away, the vampire seemed to take amusement in the effort to stop him.  His heart going a mile a minute, Yesung looked around the building quickly for something, anything he could use to his advantage. 

It looked like an empty warehouse of sorts... thick beams overhead, creaking slightly, and boxes stacked all over the place.  It was the kind of place you expected to find homeless people and gangsters... only there was no one else here.  If there had been, they had probably been the vampire's dinner.

Yesung could only watch helplessly as Kyuhyun picked up the phone, and there was a short exchange before Yesung was grabbed and long fingernails dug into his arm, forcing a gasp from the human before he bit his lower lip hard in an effort to keep any other noises at bay.

When he heard DaeJung call Kyuhyun weak, something inside him snapped.  "He is not!" Yesung shouted, before raising his voice as loud as he could.  "STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY Kyuhyun!"  


Ignoring the fact that struggling was useless against a vampire, Yesung took advantage of their proximity to stamp down on DaeJung's foot hard, breaking the grip on his arm and crying out when the sharp nails drew blood as he tried to run.

Yesung? Hearing Yesung's voice telling him to stay away jolted Kyuhyun, worrying him even more. What was Daejung doing to him? There was no love lost between the two vampires, so Kyuhyun was well aware of what Daejung was likely to want Yesung for. He was to lure Kyuhyun so that Daejung could kill him. Kyuhyun smiled coldly. Not if Kyuhyun killed him first.

Whispering faint apologies to Yesung for ignoring his pleas to stay away, Kyuhyun's voice was cold and steady as he spoke.

"Where are you holding him?" he demanded, starting the car up again awkwardly. He'd taken the sling off despite the pain it brought him to use his wounded arm, to make it easier to drive, but it still hurt. "I will find you and then I will kill you before you have the chance to do anything to him."

Daejung grunted in annoyance as Yesung attempted to run, smirking at the scratches he inflicted on the young human. "I don't know where you think you can go," he said with a grin, easily catching Yesung around the waist and pulling him close enough to nip the human's neck warningly. It didn't bother him that every word and sound could be heard by the impatient Kyuhyun.

"There isn't anyone else here, and they won't find your bodies for some time to come after I've killed you both..." he added, for both Yesung and Kyuhyun's benefits. "You know very well where I've taken him, if you just think about it instead of reacting, Kyuhyunnie," Daejung mocked. "But I won't wait forever... I'm getting hungry..."

With that, he closed the call and slipped Yesung's phone into his pocket, his hands now free to tighten around Yesung's struggling body, his fangs resting against the skin of Yesung's neck where he'd nipped at him before. "You have no idea how hungry I am..." he murmured, his eyes flashing redly.

As a cold, strong arm closed around his waist, Yesung continued to struggle as much as he could, despite knowing there was little chance of getting away.  The frantic student only stopped when he felt sharp fangs against his neck, swallowing thickly as his eyes widened.  He didn't want to know what it would feel like to be bitten.  Silently he wished all the bad luck in the world on this man.  Of course now when he actually needed it, his curse remained silent.

"D-don't," he said, his voice shaking as it sounded like Kyuhyun was going to chase after them anyway.  "Don't come..."  Pain thudded through his chest.  If Kyuhyun found them, he would die... Somehow, his own situation didn't seem to register so much as what would happened to Kyu...

Hearing the call end, Yesung renewed his struggle to get away, only to give a choked gasp as the fangs returned, going still in the vampire's grip as realization of what was going to happen next dawned. 

"I hope the sun burns you alive, you sick bastard," he whispered, feeling tears burn behind his eyes.  "No wonder she left you for him... Kyuhyun's twice the man you could ever hope to be."

"And you would know this, how?" Daejung inquired softly, his eyes hard at the insult. "From what I can tell, you haven't let him have you... and he hasn't even fed from you. That tells me right there he is weak and foolish. Believing that everyone should have the choice he was denied." He snorted. "He's weak and the sooner you realise it, the better off you'll be."

Then the vampire snickered. "Although you'll be dead anyway so it won't make any difference." his lips, he lowered his head to Yesung's throat and bit down, tasting Yesung's blood on his tongue. "Too bad he's not here to see this..." Daejung murmured as he pulled away, his lips red with Yesung's blood. He hadn't taken very much at all; just enough for Kyuhyun to notice and think the worst.

"He took my love away from me, I will do the same to him before you both die, but that doesn't mean I can't have my fun first..."

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So, I'm going to start re-posting this here, since LJ is being stupid and won't let ppl read it. I kinda thought nobody was even interested anymore, but I was wrong. :D So sorry for the very very long wait. Here is the next chapter...