Night and Day - Part 1/4 - Night - Chapter 9

Night and Day - Part 1/4 - Night

Kyuhyun woke the next evening, feeling a residual aching from his arm and looking down in bemusement as he saw the neatly bound gauze wrapping his arm and his producer sitting in the chair next to the bed. A little surprised at seeing him there, Kyuhyun looked away and sighed. Even though he knew Yesung wouldn't have been there, he couldn't stop the disappointment; Kyuhyun had still had a tiny shred of hope that Yesung would have tried to wait with him anyway.

Kim Seunghyun looked on with knowing eyes, feeling older than his years. He'd inherited the position of looking after Kyuhyun from his father and had grown up with the young vampire's welfare ingrained into him until it was second nature. That didn't mean he had to like what he was going to have to say to him.

"Are you sure you should be falling in love with a human?" he asked softly, having made sure the door was closed before starting the conversation. "You know what will happen..."

"I know, you don't need to tell me," Kyuhyun snapped tiredly, closing his eyes again and covering them with his other hand. "It's not like I could help it. I can't stop being attracted to him any more than you can stop being my guardian..."

And he had tried, trying to stay away from Yesung as much as he could those first few weeks. It had been painful at best and Kyuhyun was tired of being alone. "He knows what I am anyway, and accepts it. Can't I just... have that much?"

"And anyway, now that my arm is sorted, I should be able to go home, right?" he asked pointedly, cracking one eye open to look at his guardian, who gave a long suffering sigh and nodded as Kyuhyun sat up.

"They had to give you a transfusion but you should be fine now that they've stitched you up. You'd lost an awful lot of blood and could have lost that arm if you weren't a vampire..." he said, annoyed when Kyuhyun ignored him in favour of getting out of bed and starting to get dressed. "You're just lucky you had someone with you at the time..."

"Luck had nothing to do with it," Kyuhyun snapped and turned to look at his guardian. "And no matter what Yesung says, neither did he." Looking thoughtful, he sighed. "Can you do me a favour and research bad luck curses for me? I want to try and break his if I can. It's not fair that he has to go through life being avoided by people who don't understand what it's like..."

Surprised, Seunghyun sighed and nodded, standing up. "I'll go get the doctors to release you and take you home. Then you can rest there..."

Once that was done and Kyuhyun was home, he sighed and looked at his phone. Should he call Yesung or leave the young man alone?

As expected, Yesung didn't sleep much that night, his thoughts on the vampire at the hospital. When he finally did get to sleep, he slept straight through his first class yet again. That guy was going to turn him into a night owl... something he couldn't afford to do while still in university.

He caught snippets of conversation throughout the day about the truck crashing into the building. Apparently the gas pedal had become jammed in the carpeted floor of the vehicle, causing it to pick up speed and ultimately crash. The driver was in critical condition... Yesung's throat closed at hearing that. He'd been so worried about Kyuhyun he'd completely forgotten about the truck driver.

It didn't help when Yesung's brother texted him halfway through the afternoon.

It was you, wasn't it?

Yesung closed his eyes and counted to ten before replying, yes, now leave me alone. His family had come to associate disasters with Yesung, something that pained him.

After getting himself through his last few classes as well as his evening practice, Yesung fell onto his bed and stared at Kyuhyun's CD, biting his lower lip. Should he call? He wondered if the vampire was still in the hospital... if not, his call might not get through. But... the human's hand moved for the phone anyway, the need to know Kyuhyun was alright overpowering.

Dialing the vampire's number, he laid on his back and stared up at the ceiling, listening to the rings at the other end of the line.

Almost dropping the phone in shock as it began to ring, it took Kyuhyun a few moments to gather his wits enough to answer the call, recognising the number as Yesung's.

"Yesung? Are you ok? Did you make it home alright?" he asked breathlessly, worry in his voice. Anything could have happened to the other man and if it did, Kyuhyun wasn't sure what he'd do. He was relieved that at the very least, Yesung was able to call him.

Opening his mouth to talk when he heard the click of the call being answered, Yesung was cut off by the vampire's hurried questions. Blinking in surprise at the worry, he waited for Kyuhyun to give him a chance to answer before replying.

"I'm fine," he assured the other man, frowning up at the ceiling. "What about you? Are you still at the hospital? Is your arm alright?" He was far more concerned about Kyuhyun than himself, having gotten away with only minor mishaps today.

Relieved, Kyuhyun smiled. "I just got home," he replied, going to sit on the sofa as he talked to Yesung. "According to Seunghyun, they had to give me a transfusion and if I hadn't been a vampire, I would have lost my arm due to the injuries and blood loss, but I'm fine. Oh and my arm is stitched and bandaged up too, but it'll be fine."

"I'm sorry things didn't quite go how we wanted them to last night," he added softly, still feeling a bit hungry. The edge had been taken off somewhat but it was still there. "Are you free tonight?"

While he knew his producer-guardian wouldn't be happy with him, Kyuhyun couldn't help but want to see Yesung, if it was possible. He had to make sure the other man was ok, and that the feelings Yesung had shown him weren't going to go away any time soon; Kyuhyun still felt so nervous about the whole thing and worried something would go wrong in their relationship before they even got a chance to get anywhere.

Yesung winced as Kyuhyun described to him the damage done, feeling another stab of guilt. "Will you be able to keep working?" he asked softly, switching position to curl up on his side instead, watching Ddangkkoma.

"There's no reason for you to be sorry," he sighed, but perked up slightly at the question. "I am, actually. Want me to come over?" he asked hopefully. Yesung was beginning to tire, but he wanted to see Kyuhyun again.

"You still have to show me how to play those games without killing myself a thousand different ways." He was looking forward to it actually, though video games usually frustrated him to no end. Actually, going to Kyuhyun's house at all sounded good right about now.

Brightening, Kyuhyun's smile grew. "I can come pick you up if you like?" he asked, happy to be able to see Yesung again. "I need to stop and feed before then, but I can come and get you and show you how to play whatever you want..." Or at least attempt to.

He'd seen Yesung's lack of skills and mentally facepalmed. Kyuhyun had his work cut out for him there, he knew. He also knew that he was courting trouble by being so eager to see Yesung; what if he hadn't been so willing? What if he became too busy or Yesung became too busy? Pinning his happiness to the young man's ability to see him was just asking for trouble, but Kyuhyun couldn't help it. He was in love and knew full well what it meant and accepted the cost.

Nodding to thin air, Yesung smiled. "Sounds like a plan. I'll meet you at the front of the university? My room-mate's hanging around and I don't want him assaulting you," he said, eyeing said man from across the room as the other worked on his laptop, music blasting too loud to hear what Yesung was saying.

Uncomfortable in his new position, Yesung rolled onto his other side and promptly fell off his bed with an indignant yelp and thud. Looking up, his room-mate laughed at him mercilessly.

"Ow... Shut it you." He grabbed the pillow that had fallen with him and chucked it at his room-mate. "No, not you, Kyu... the laughing idiot on this end of the phone. Ouch..."

"Ok, I'll meet you there after I've fed," Kyuhyun replied, looking at his phone in surprise as he heard a thud and then Yesung, apparently annoyed with his room-mate. "Are you ok? He didn't hurt you or anything?"

With Kyuhyun's feelings, he felt overprotective of Yesung, the fear that the other man would be hurt, or even killed, a constant worry for him. While Kyuhyun knew that unless something untoward happened, Yesung would eventually grow old and die, leaving him alone, at least that would mean they would have had the time together. It was the fear that Yesung would die sooner and without Kyuhyun there with him that terrified Kyuhyun and made him protective of the other man.

"Please be careful," he added, worry in his voice. "I don't want anything to happen to you... you're precious to me..."

"I'm fine... just... fell off the bed..." Yesung mumbled sheepishly, managing to get himself back into a sitting position and yelping again as the pillow was tossed back, hitting him off the head. "And now he's assaulting me with pillows. Sorry."

The worried tone in the vampire's voice made him blush, fidgeting. "I try to be careful," he said, made nervous by the other man's words. "Really." He wasn't sure what to make of the vampire's feelings for him... though he was definitely attracted to Kyuhyun. He wasn't thinking about that now though; denial wasn't just a river in Egypt.

"Should I bring anything?" he asked, tossing the pillow back onto his bed and standing up, trying to flatten his now messy hair.

"Perhaps a change of clothes?" Kyuhyun suggested, knowing that when he got going, there was no stopping him until he literally passed out. He loved his games... not quite as much as he loved Yesung, but it was close. They provided a welcome distraction for him. He got a sly grin on his face. "And some bandages?"

His tone was teasing; he couldn't help it, even more so since Yesung pretty much walked into everything, both literally and metaphorically. "I'm just teasing - I have more than enough here," he joked, chuckling in amusement. "I'll make sure we stop off and get something for you too, if you want. Snacks, I mean..."

Kyuhyun wasn't sure he had as much as Yesung might want or need; he knew human teenagers and 20-somethings ate a lot at the best of times, but what Yesung preferred, he didn't know. He'd take Yesung to a shop and get him to pick things out if he had to.

Yesung raised an eyebrow. "I need to be back for classes, you know," he chuckled, stretching and going to Ddangkkoma's tank. He rolled his eyes at the bandages idea, though Kyuhyun couldn't see him. "Very funny. For me or for you? I'll end up strangling myself." It had happened in the past; bandages were as much a hindrance as they were a help in Yesung's hands.

"I just need coffee, unless you want me falling asleep on you halfway through," the student continued, giving his turtle more lettuce before going to pull on his shoes. "I can get some at the campus, so I'm good to go."

Waving to his room-mate and leaving the room, he leaned against the hallway wall and closed his eyes. "So I'll see you in a bit then?" He couldn't keep the happy tone out of his voice, sleepy or not sleepy.

"You? Classes? Do you even go anymore?" Kyuhyun teased, smirking. It was nice to have someone he could be this comfortable with that he could tease unmercifully (and be teased back) and just enjoy spending time with. He hadn't realised just how lonely he was before Yesung came into his life. "That's why I said bring a change of clothes. You can change at my place and go directly to school if you have to..."

"And you can pick up coffee when we stop off to get you some snacks. It's going to be a long night..." he added, mentally making a list of games he thought Yesung might like to play and making sure he had them to hand. Facepalming when a stack of games toppled over and made a crashing noise, Kyuhyun hoped Yesung hadn't heard that.

"I'll see you as soon as I can get fed, and get there..." Kyuhyun smiled, his eyes softening. It really had been too long and he welcomed the chance to show Yesung there was more to him than being a vampire and a singer. Abandoning the games as a lost cause, he grabbed his keys and waited to finish the call. His arm was in a sling so he was a bit more awkward when it came to multi-tasking than he was used to.

"When I remember to wake up in time, yes," Yesung huffed. "You're going to make me nocturnal." There was a smile in his voice though. Blinking at the logic behind bringing clothes, he gave a soft 'oh' and went back into his room to grab some. His room-mate laughed at him.

"Alright, alright," he sighed. "See you in a while then." He paused for a moment, shifting from foot to foot. Finally, he blurted out "stay safe" and hurriedly ended the call before he could say anything else.

His room-mate watched him gather a change of clothes with a highly amused expression. "All you're missing are little hearts floating above your head."

Yesung groaned and chucked his pillow at the other man again. "Shut up!"

Blinking at his phone then grinning, Kyuhyun closed it and put it back into his pocket, then went to lock up and find somewhere to feed before he picked Yesung up at the university. For some reason, it was harder to find someone in the area of his house, so he went back and got his car, stalking a few people before choosing someone that he could feed from without losing too much 'sleep' over it.

A few more feedings and Kyuhyun was finally on his way to get Yesung, stopping at the university and waiting anxiously for Yesung to appear. Was he too late? Part of him was still afraid Yesung would give up on him if he made him wait for anything, though the rational part of him knew that if Yesung's past behaviour was anything to go by, there was no way Yesung wouldn't be there.

After gathering a change of clothes, Yesung left his dorm room again, grabbing a light wool sweater because it was a little cold outside. Debating with himself, he decided to get a cup of coffee while he was waiting anyway, because he really was tired and he didn't want to be yawning every minute or so. The more caffeine, the better.

Buying a large cup with his student card, Yesung found himself waiting outside the university gates, sipping at the sustaining liquid. His brother had gotten him a 'there's blood in my coffee system' shirt once as a joke. So what if he drank a lot of coffee? So did half of the student body.

Yesung began to worry Kyuhyun had forgotten about him but he doubted that would happen and he'd waited much longer than this before, in particular that long night outside the gates to Kyuhyun's house, so he kept his hands warm with the coffee, sleeves tugged up to cover his palms. When a car pulled up and he recognized it as Kyuhyun's, the student stared for a long moment before hopping off the waist-height brick wall he'd been sitting on. Getting rid of the nearly finished coffee cup, since he didn't want to risk spilling it in Kyuhyun's car, he walked up to it.

"How are you even driving?" he blurted out, slipping into the passenger seat. "Unless you're psychic too."

Giving Yesung a strange look, Kyuhyun shrugged. "Dunno, never thought about it," he replied, shifting in his seat to face Yesung. "It's easier to drive automatics one-handed, and I'm not completely helpless. I can use it, it's just... not really advised..."

With a wry smile, he headed off in the direction of the shop they'd stopped at before, pulling up outside it and parking. "Don't worry about paying for anything," Kyuhyun said quietly, watching Yesung carefully. Some people were touchy, he knew. "I'll take care of it. Just whatever you want.... don't hesitate to get it..."

Yesung watched Kyuhyun carefully during the drive, as if the vampire would suddenly lose control on the steering wheel. Hey, it could happen.

"I usually drive my parents' standard, and I think if I tried driving with one hand, they'd never let me have the car keys again," he replied, settling down slightly when it looked like Kyuhyun was doing perfectly fine.

When they arrived outside the shop, Yesung paused with his hand on the door handle, blinking at Kyuhyun. "But that's not fair," he protested. "If it's for me, then I should be the one paying for it."

He didn't have much money, but he hadn't been planning to get much more than coffee anyways. Surely he could afford at least that.

Sighing quietly, Kyuhyun looked at the steering wheel, trying to work out what to say that wouldn't make him sound like a pretentious jerk.

"I realise that, Yesung," he said softly, turning to look at the other man. "But I have heard that university students often don't have very much money, and since I have more than I know what to do with... please let me spoil you with it? I don't have anyone else I can give it to...."

"I don't want you to have to spend your hard-earned money on frivolous things that I can pay for. I know it's hard to accept but please... it's a gift. My pleasure to give things to you that you might not otherwise be able to have..."

If Yesung refused, he'd back off, but it would hurt Kyuhyun to not be able to share his money with Yesung the way he wanted to share his life.... or rather what passed for his life with him.

Biting at his lower lip, Yesung thought about the offer, his brow slightly furrowed. On one hand, it was sweet of Kyuhyun to offer and he knew his already light wallet would be thankful for it later. But on the other hand, Yesung disliked having to rely on someone else for something as small as buying coffee. He already had to rely heavily on other people for so much thanks to being practically handicapped in whatever he did, so being able to pay for himself was one of the few things his pride had left.

After a strong internal debate, reason finally won over his pride and Yesung's shoulders fell slightly.

"Thank you," he murmured, not looking up from the dashboard. "Sorry, it's just... there's very little I can do on my own, so it isn't easy for me to accept help with one of the few things I'm somewhat capable in," he admitted, feeling he might as well be open to Kyuhyun about how he felt.

"I do have a part-time job, but they don't give me many hours... something about too many dishes breaking when I'm on staff." He smiled a little, somewhat strained, before opening the door and getting out of the car.

Kyuhyun was more understanding than Yesung knew; because of his 'disability' in being weaker than a normal vampire was, he had guardians who helped him when it became necessary and he hated it even as he was grateful for their help over the years.

"I understand more than you think," he murmured softly as he got out of the car as well, locking the door remotely once Yesung had closed his behind him. "Remind me to tell you some day..."

Leaning on the side of the car, he glanced at Yesung and bit at his own lip. "Yesung...." he began, then stopped. What would he say to Kyuhyun's next offer? Thanks but no thanks? "If you need a steady job.... I need a personal assistant who can help me with fanmail and stuff like that...." Kyuhyun looked down. "Though I suppose if you didn't want to, for obvious reasons, I wouldn't blame you if you said no..."

Confused by the vampire's words, Yesung watched him for a moment, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his jeans to keep warm. He was curious about what Kyuhyun meant but he wouldn't say anything for now since Kyuhyun didn't seem to want to share at the moment.

Yesung's eyes widened slightly at the offer, shifting nervously from foot to foot. It was an amazing offer, but he didn't think he could handle being so dependent on Kyuhyun for everything, not when it was a daily struggle just to prove he could survive on his own.

"I'm sorry, but I can't accept that," he said quietly, looking down at the ground. "Even if it doesn't pay much, it's still something I managed to work for and obtain on my own, and I don't want to give that up." He hoped Kyuhyun would understand. His job meant a lot to him, even if it was just serving tables.

Nodding, since he'd expected as much, Kyuhyun remained silent as they went into the shop and began looking at the merchandise, Kyuhyun concentrating his attention on the gaming magazines and non-food items. Remembering he'd used up the last of his gauze in wrapping his arm the night before, Kyuhyun glanced at Yesung and picked up a package of it with a wry smile, wondering if Yesung would say anything about it. He had to replenish his medical stocks somehow.

Finally bored of looking, Kyuhyun took the magazine he'd been looking at and the box of gauze and went in search of Yesung. This was cutting into valuable gaming time, and he was itching to get home so he could show Yesung how to play (and then own his , the gamer-nerd inside of him smirked).

"Got everything you need?" he asked quietly, eyeing the shop assistant who looked back at them in boredom.

Yesung lost track of where Kyuhyun was as he went in search of coffee. Finding a small container of instant (he generally didn't like instant, but living on a student's budget had gotten him used to the stuff), he paused, worrying at his lower lip for a moment. After a long debate, he picked up one of the small sandwiches in the cooler section of the shop, just in case. He was loathe to get more than that, especially since Kyuhyun was paying.

Jumping in surprise when Kyuhyun appeared beside him, Yesung looked at the vampire with wide eyes before nodded.

"Are you secretly a ninja too?" he asked as they walked to the front counter. "I didn't hear you come up at all." Though Yesung wasn't the most observant person in the world either...

Blinking at Yesung, Kyuhyun shook his head and sighed, leaning closer to him. "Vampire, remember?" he said almost too softly for anyone to hear, then leaned back and looked at what Yesung had in his hands. "Is that all you're getting? It's going to be a long night... you'll get hungry. Trust me..."

Looking around for stuff he could add, Kyuhyun pulled Yesung away from the counter with an apologetic look at the assistant. "We'll be right back," he said as he practically dragged Yesung over to the display of potato chips and chocolate bars.

"Don't you like these sorts of things? Or pop? Or... I don't know... just pick something because I can promise you, that..." He gestured at the counter. "Won't be enough..."

"Oh, right," Yesung mumbled, going red out of embarrassment. He'd completely forgotten vampires were supposed to be stealthy.

Now that he'd gotten to know Kyuhyun more, he didn't really consider the other man as a 'vampire'; well, he did, but not in the same way as before. It wasn't scary. Maybe every now and then, when Kyuhyun or he listened to the singer's voice on the CD, he forgot completely that Kyuhyun wasn't human.

Opening his mouth to protest when he was pulled away, Yesung gave a cross between a frown and a pout. He didn't want to make Kyuhyun spend more money on him. Seeing that the vampire wasn't going to let it go though, he gave in.

"Alright, alright." He picked up a bag of chips, looking at Kyuhyun with a raised eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure this will be enough..."

Giving Yesung a hard glare, Kyuhyun sighed and let him go to put it with the other things on the counter so he could pay for them. Once they'd gotten everything and were back in the car, he shook his head and began to drive back to his place. He'd need the games to unwind from Yesung's stubbornness.

"I'm not going to go broke any time soon, Yesung," Kyuhyun muttered in annoyance, keeping his eyes on the road. Luckily they didn't have far to go and he pulled up outside of his house and shut off the engine.

"Ready to get your kicked?" he smirked. "Metaphorically, of course..."

Yesung winced inwardly at the glare, but smiled brightly when Kyuhyun didn't try to make him pick out anything else. He did his best to ignore the vibes of frustration coming off the vampire. He wasn't a girl; he didn't enjoy being waited on or his food being paid for, even if it was easier on his wallet that way.

Sitting down in the passenger seat and closing the door, Yesung held on to his food and coffee and kept his gaze firmly on the dashboard rather than look at the fuming vampire.

"I just don't like spending a lot of money," he said with a shrug. "Especially if it's not even mine."

As they arrived at Kyuhyun's house, Yesung gave a long-suffering sigh. "Not really, but let's start anyways," he said, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Don't forget to actually show me how to play too... I heard it isn't as much fun beating someone who has absolutely no clue what they're doing."

Laughing, he got out of the car and waited for Kyuhyun before walking with him to the door.

"Whoever said that obviously hasn't played long enough then, or with enough 'innocent' noobs," Kyuhyun retorted with a grin, unlocking the door and going inside.

Taking his shoes off, he waited for Yesung to put the food away and get ready, going to try and clean up the mess he'd made with the games earlier. Shaking his head, Kyuhyun sighed. He had no idea he'd had so many games in the first place, but he did play them all, so it wasn't any surprise that he'd kept them.

"What do you want to play?" he asked over his shoulder, finally giving up and shoving them in a haphazardly jumbled heap.

They'd probably get through them all soon enough anyway, though he'd keep the more advanced ones out of Yesung's view, since there was no way he could play those and expect to get anywhere as a noob.

Kyuhyun the TV and PS3 console, then sat back and waited for Yesung to decide what he wanted to start with.

"You're vicious," Yesung laughed as he followed Kyuhyun inside and took off his own shoes. He went into the kitchen and put the sandwich, chips, and coffee away, noting again how empty the cupboards and fridge were. Even with the furniture and games, the house was very much empty.

"Do you get company often?" he called from the kitchen, before padding back into the living room and dropping down beside Kyuhyun.

Looking over Kyuhyun's shoulder at the pile of games, he reached over and pulled out a racing game. He was bound to fail miserably at any game he tried, but racing games at least allowed him the chance of running his opponents off the road along with him.

"How about this one?"

He grinned sheepishly. "I heard there's a car game where the point is to crash the worst possible way? Sounds like something I'd be good at." Though from what he could see, that game wasn't among the ones in Kyuhyun's possession.

Chuckling at Yesung's reply, the laughter faded at his next comment, Kyuhyun's expression turning sad, though he ignored that comment as well. What really could he say about that when Yesung already knew the reason why he never had company, or he should.

Startled when Yesung reached over him and pulled out a racing game, he attempted a smile.

"Sure, we'll try that one," he said quietly, putting the cartridge into the machine and waiting for it to load, switching the joystick controllers for steering wheels to make it easier on Yesung. "There, now you have a handicap - I will have to drive one-handed..."

Glancing at Yesung in curiosity at the mention of the game, Kyuhyun shook his head. "Sounds almost too easy for me then," he commented with a wry chuckle. "But I'll try and get it for you if you can find out the name of it for me."

Yesung could see instantly from the slightly forced smile that he'd touched on a sore spot, mentally berating himself for talking without thinking. Of course Kyuhyun didn't have company over often. It had been a useless question. He wanted to apologize, but figured moving on to a different subject would have a better result.

"As if a handicap will make a difference," he rolled his eyes, and in an effort to cheer the vampire up again, scooted closer so he was sitting with their legs and arms touching, Kyuhyun's good arm of course. "Where's the gas?" he asked, looking skeptically at the steering wheel. "Or, more importantly, where's the brakes?" He wanted to know how to slow down if he was going to crash.

"What, that might be the one game I'll be able to beat you in!" Yesung laughed. "No one makes more spectacular crashes than me."

Amused at Yesung's noobishness, Kyuhyun grinned and leaned over Yesung to point at several buttons on the steering wheel mechanism and the wheel itself. Being so close to Yesung was driving him crazy, but in a good way now that they were, for all intents and purposes, together. Even if only just.

"Those are for braking," he said, pointing to one set of buttons, "And those are for acceleration," he finished, pointing to the other set of buttons.

The grin widening when Yesung made the claim of being better at crashing, Kyuhyun got an idea and smirked.

"Really? Bring it on," he smirked, leaning back to the position he was in before and letting their arms and legs just touch comfortably. "Let's see who can make the most spectacular crashes then.... and as an incentive..."

Kyuhyun thought about it, glancing sidelong at Yesung.

"The loser has to confess to the winner in the cutest way possible..." His smirk went up a few notches.

"Why is there more than one button for both?" Yesung asked, aware he probably sounded stupid, but he wanted to know exactly what he was pressing. There were a few other buttons as well, but those he left alone, figuring the basics were enough for now.

Moving the steering wheel absently back and forth, Yesung looked amused at the challenge. That was one thing he was fully confident he could win, whether he was trying to or not.

When he heard the incentive though, his mouth fell open in shock. "What?" he squeaked, his eyes wide. "C-confess?" Confess as in, say he loved him? And act cute while doing it? How was he supposed to do that? Yesung wasn't good at acting 'cute' in his opinion.

Fidgeting nervously, Yesung frowned. "You do know you're going to lose, right? Well, not the race, but the crashing thing."

Mentally facepalming, Kyuhyun chuckled wryly. "There's one button for each on either side of the steering wheel so that whichever your dominant hand is, you can use that..." he explained, hoping that helped a little. Maybe it was obvious to him, but also obvious was the fact that it seemed Yesung had never played this type of game before. Or at least not with the proper gear.

Grinning, Kyuhyun just looked at Yesung. "Not if I can help it," he smirked, setting everything up so all he had to do was press a button to start. "Are you ready to go? You have to get at least halfway around before you crash though..." he cautioned. "Or I won't count it..."

Surely Yesung could do that much, right?

It made sense, Yesung supposed, as he continued to stare at the steering wheel as though it was going to come to life and start driving on its own. This was going to be very frustrating for him and very amusing for Kyuhyun, he could tell already. But he'd agreed to this, and he really did want to try, so he wasn't going to back out now. Kyuhyun had already seen his tendency to self-destruct in video games anyways; how much worse could you get than spontaneously leaping off a cliff?

Actually, he shouldn't have thought that. Now he knew he was going to win at crashing the worst possible way.

Looking up at Kyuhyun, a whine escaped Yesung. "Halfway through? Are you serious? What if I crash before, then crash again after? Does the second crash count?" He was usually lucky if he made it a quarter through, let alone half.

Settling down for what was sure to be a very embarrassing defeat, he nodded. "Ready."

Shaking his head, Kyuhyun grinned evilly. "No. Only the first one. You can get at least halfway around a circuit, surely?" he all but purred, smirking broadly. "Where's your sense of challenge, or did you use it all up in chasing me?"

Pressing the button on the console, Kyuhyun's attention turned to the game, wondering how he was going to do this himself. It was practically ingrained in him to win, so deliberately losing went against everything, but he had to try. Even if it was difficult for him.

Distracted, he looked over at Yesung, then sighed and facepalmed for real. He hadn't even gotten much past the starting block before another car roared up behind him and caused Yesung's to go spinning wildly out of control. Chuckling softly, he shook his head. Kyuhyun knew Yesung had warned him how bad he really was but... this was bad.

"My sense of challenge in non-existant in video games," Yesung muttered, pressing the gas as soon as the counter reached zero.  After spinning its wheels for a moment, the car sped down the road, only making it a short distance before one of the CPU cars zoomed by and clipped the edge of his own, sending him spinning.  Figures.

Hearing Kyuhyun chuckling beside him, he elbowed the vampire in retaliation, muttering "Jerk" under his breath.

Tongue peeping out of the corner of his mouth in concentration, Yesung stopped focusing on speed and just focused on at least making it halfway through the course.  His reaction time needed some work, the poor car bouncing off barricades at every single turn.  Once, in an attempt to avoid turning too wide, Yesung turned too early and went straight into the wall.

"How do you back u— oh, nevermind."  He had hit one of the other buttons and sent his car backwards into one of the CPUs.  By now, he was most definitely last.

Yesung managed to pick up speed eventually and draw even with the car in front of him about halfway through the course.  Almost as soon as he was through the halfway mark, he took a turn really badly, leaving the marked road.  Seeing the huge downhill up ahead, he squeaked in panic and accidentally hit yet another button, which turned out to be the drift control, because his car spun perpendicular to the track at the top of the hill.

The vehicle proceeded to roll down the hill on its side at breakneck speed, taking out the car in front of him and sending them both crashing into the fence at the bottom of the hill, Yesung's car on top of the pile and smoking.

Kyuhyun just chuckled louder, then stared at Yesung in amazement at his... accomplishment. "How do you even do that?" he asked incredulously. "I can't even compete with that..."

Shaking his head, he looked at his controls, at Yesung, then back at the image on his television screen, trying to work the whole thing out. How did Yesung honestly manage to be that bad? There was something wrong with this picture.

"I can easily see my work is cut out for me," he said wryly, putting down the control and shifting around to face Yesung. "We'll just have to play games every night until you can beat me... properly..."

Yesung just blinked at the smoking ruin on the screen, not really that fazed. He'd set his car on fire last time he played a racing game. "It just happens?" he replied, looking down at the steering wheel and pushing it away from him like it was the plague. Thankfully he was much better at driving in real life.

Looking at Kyuhyun, he frowned, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "I don't do this on purpose," he huffed, looking like an overgrown ten-year-old with a pout on his lips. "At least I got halfway through? You realize that's a record for me."

Realizing that, he smiled. "That means I win, yes? Do you know how counterproductive crashing to win is?"

Chuckling again, Kyuhyun grinned. "Why do you think I wanted to make it easy for you?" he asked, moving closer. "Though I'm sad that I never even stood a chance. I thought..." He looked at Yesung and sighed. "I thought you were better than that... even if not by much..."

"But yes, you did get halfway through, which, as you said, is a record, so I think some celebration is in order?" Kyuhyun's smirk was back. "And you get to collect your prize..."

Awkwardly, Kyuhyun got to his knees in front of Yesung and put on the cutest face he could, spoiling it with the mischievous gleam in his eyes.

"Kim Jongwoon... aka Yesung," he began, trying really hard to keep a straight face. "I know you know this, but I'm going to tell you again. I love you, and want you, and hope that someday you'll let me prove it to you more than this..."

Leaning forward, Kyuhyun gave Yesung a kiss that started off gentle, then became more demanding for the split second it took him to move closer, before Kyuhyun lost his balance and fell even more awkwardly on top of Yesung with a pained cry. That had really hurt... but he had to admit he'd enjoyed being that close to Yesung and didn't regret it.

At the vampire's words Yesung puffed up indignantly, slightly stung. "I'm sorry I at video games," he huffed. They were just one of the many things he failed at in life. "I warned you."

The look of mischief in the other man's eyes caused him to shift nervously, not liking where this was going. Celebration for who? He should have realized that even if he won the crashing contest, Kyuhyun was still winning in a way. The look of mischief sent shivers down his spine as he resisted the temptation to lean back on his hands, meeting Kyuhyun's gaze. The vampire's small speech caused color to rise in his cheeks and his heart to make a very painful stutter in his chest.

Yesung froze at the light kiss, wanting to protest, but giving in far more quickly than he would have liked had he been able to think properly, his mind deciding that thinking was overrated at that precise instant. Feeling the way he was being kissed change, he shivered and... actually started to let Kyuhyun kiss him deeper, shifting a bit closer.

Until Kyuhyun toppled forward and knocked him onto his back, his surprised yelp echoing the cry of pain that escaped the vampire. His eyes shooting open (when had he closed them?), Yesung blinked up at Kyuhyun in alarm, his hands somehow automatically ending up against the other man's thin waist.

"Are you alright?" he asked worriedly, his gaze going to the vampire's injured arm in concern.

Sprawled on top of Yesung, Kyuhyun lay for a moment with his eyes closed, waiting for his breathing to come back to normal before speaking. "No," he whispered, giving a small shake of his head. "I can't get up - my arm... and my hip...."

The doctors had told him it could possibly be months before his hip healed, though it would never be as strong as before and he'd always be weaker there. Kyuhyun accepted it as he always did, with a dispassionate shrug, but it didn't stop the stupid thing from making his life awkward at the worst possible moments.

"But I don't mind," he added a moment later, finally opening his eyes to look at Yesung with a pained smile. "I like it where I am now..."

Shifting a little bit more until he was level with Yesung, Kyuhyun began to kiss him again, this time taking his time to do it properly and deepening it even more. He'd meant what he said to Yesung a few moments before, whether or not Yesung accepted it, though Kyuhyun hoped he did. At least if the fact that he was kissing him back meant anything...

Wincing at the pained quality to the vampire's voice, Yesung tried to shift so that he could help the other man up, except he wasn't in the best position for attempting such a thing and Kyuhyun wasn't helping. The fact that the slight motion caused their bodies to rub together definitely didn't make it easier either, a blush spreading across the human's face as he realized the position they were stuck in.

The smile hurt to look at as well, even if Kyuhyun's words did send shivers down his body. "Maybe we should be focusing on getting you u—mpfh!" Before he could even finish the sentence, he was kissed again, soft lips pressing earnestly against his own.

His heart rate already elevated to unhealthy levels, Yesung lost the fight to stay focused much quicker this time, giving in to the vampire almost instantly. The thought that he still didn't know his own feelings about all this hardly registered as the student hesitantly parted his lips, letting Kyuhyun in. Yesung's eyes closed, one hand going almost naturally to the small of the other man's back as he kissed him back, the action slightly awkward and inexperienced, but willing.

Breathless, Kyuhyun broke the intense kiss, looking down at Yesung with darkened eyes.

"Yesung..." he said quietly, still feeling a bit breathless. "I need to know... if you feel the same way I do. I want... you. I want to make love to you, but I want to know you feel the same way I do otherwise it... I just can't..."

Sure he was making a mess of things, he closed his eyes for a second and laid his head on Yesung's chest, listening to his heartbeat and feeling the human warmth. Oddly enough, Kyuhyun never missed the warmth of being human. He didn't really miss much, if he was honest. Just being able to live a proper life without having to worry about being caught out in the sun.

Opening his eyes again, he looked at Yesung, a little sadly. "I won't pressure you if you don't. I just... that is how I feel...."

It took a moment for Yesung to remember to breathe, bringing much-needed oxygen back into his system. Blinking up at the vampire in a daze, he was all too happy to agree to anything right now, his heart hammering so close, he thought it was going to pop straight out of his chest. Panting a little, he stared up into Kyuhyun's eyes, and was so close to just saying yes, yes that he could feel the words forming on his tongue.

But then the gaze was broken and Kyuhyun laid his head down against his chest, and Yesung was given a chance to really think about what the other man was saying. Make love? As in... have ? The part of him that was so tied up in Kyuhyun right now wanted to say yes, wanted to know what it felt like, but the rest of him cringed away from the idea because... because he wasn't interested in Kyuhyun that way? No, that was a straight-out lie. Yesung enjoyed the vampire's presence (okay, and the kisses too) too much to not be interested. But ?

He was still getting used to the kissing idea.

"I-I..." struggling to get his breath back, Yesung swallowed and tried to ignore the feeling of Kyuhyun laying on top of him long enough to get the words out. "I feel... I want to..." Why wasn't it coming out right? Because part of his mind was still trying to say yes, and it was driving him crazy. "I like you a lot... I just... I want to, but..." He bit on his lower lip.

"It's really, really fast... maybe I'm just taking forever, b-but I think the kissing is very nice, and I'm still getting used to that..." He didn't want to hurt Kyuhyun by rejecting him... he just wasn't ready to go the full way, no matter what his body said in response to the vampire's proximity.

Kyuhyun tried hard to suppress the hurt he felt, despite knowing somehow that this would be Yesung's response to his heartfelt words. Why did everything have to be so hard? Struggling to sit up, it was made even harder for him when his body rebelled and refused to let him sit up without needing Yesung's help.

Avoiding Yesung's eyes after that, he sat staring down at his lap for what seemed like an eternity, trying to find some way to recover his dignity after being effectively rejected. Again. Was it his destiny to be rejected by every person he loved?

"What do you want to do now?" he asked softly, trying to keep his voice neutral, but failing. "Or do you want to do anything at all?"

Even though the night was only half over, perhaps Yesung wanted to go home already? Kyuhyun didn't know if he could realistically stay after what had just happened.

Pain bloomed in Yesung's chest at the vampire's reaction to his words, so sudden it drove the breath out of him yet again. But why though? Having with someone was a big thing (never mind that person was a guy and Yesung was trying not to think about which end of that relationship he'd end up on), wasn't he perfectly justified in turning Kyuhyun down when he'd just started accepting the other man into his personal space, his thoughts, and feelings?

His hands moving off Kyuhyun's back as he saw the other man struggling to sit up, Yesung carefully helped get the vampire back into a seated position. Once that was done, Yesung was able to push himself up off the ground, his face red as a tomato and shirt messed up from having Kyuhyun on top of him. He watched the vampire closely, trying to think of something to say as well, but coming up blank.

"I..." Looking down, Yesung sighed softly and hesitantly reached out, taking one of Kyuhyun's hands in both of his own. "Kyu, I'm not saying no," he whispered, gaze pleading. "I just... give me some more time? This is all very new to me, and quite frankly I'm scared, but with you..." he looked down, blush yet to fade. "...with you, I think it would be okay," he intoned, his voice barely audible. "Just let me have a bit of time to get used to this."

"It's not the , Yesung," Kyuhyun said after a little while, not sure what to say. "I can wait for that. It's...." He looked down at their joined hands. "I need the feelings that come before it first. I can't make love to you without them, don't you understand? I need to know you love me too, otherwise it's just that. . Not love."

His voice choking on the words, Kyuhyun tried to stay calm and not burst into tears. He was too old for that, and had been long before he'd been made a vampire. "I just don't seem to have much luck at love. The first person I ever loved rejected me for another, and I don't really know..."

Just then, something caught his eye, and Kyuhyun stared at it in shock, disentangling himself from Yesung's hands to pick up Yesung's wallet, which seemed to have fallen out of his pocket when Kyuhyun fell on him and fallen open to show a very faded and worn photograph of a young woman with a sad smile on her face, sitting in front of a young man who had his hands on her shoulders.

"Who.... where did you get this?" he asked sharply, looking at Yesung properly for the first time since he'd been turned down. "How did you get this photograph?"

Yesung tried to speak, to say something that would make Kyuhyun feel better, but he didn't really know what to say.  Did he love the vampire?  He knew he liked him, sure... but like was a pretty broad term.  Love was something else entirely.  Did he love Kyuhyun?  He... thought he did.

But there was still that lingering doubt that had yet to be erased and he couldn't find himself to utter the words unless he was fully sure.  Kyuhyun deserved that much, and Yesung wouldn't give him false hope if there was even the slightest possibility it was just some warped form of infatuation for a very handsome young man when Yesung hadn't had any decent contact with people outside his family and few friends in years.

Opening his mouth, he was cut off by Kyuhyun's sudden movement, blinking as the other man picked up his wallet, an old picture about to fall out of a pile of other images.

"It—"  Yesung was caught off-guard by the sharpness in Kyuhyun's voice, looking at the familiar picture with a frown.  "That's my great-grandparents," he said, sorely confused.  "Well, the woman is, no one was ever sure about the man, I think."  He'd found the picture in an attic box ages ago, and taken to carrying it around with the other pictures of his family and friends in his wallet.  "Why?"

Still staring at the photograph and caressing the faded paper lovingly, Kyuhyun's eyes burned with tears. So she'd found another and had a family with him. Somehow that made him feel a little bit better about what had happened so long ago. At least she hadn't stayed with Park Daejung. That would have been intolerable.

"She..."

It took Kyuhyun a few tries to get his brain to work, such a shock it had been to see her picture after so many years.

"Heeyoung was the one I loved... before..." he explained softly, his breath catching at just how Heeyoung's beauty still shone through in a worn photograph. "I'm glad she had the chance to have a family... and a long life. Even if it wasn't to be with me..."

His hands shook as he held the photograph carefully, as if one wrong move and it would fall apart. "I have no images of her... so it was a shock to find out you had this..." Kyuhyun looked up, tears on his face. "That you're one of her descendants. It... must be why I felt such an attraction to you. Why I love you, like I loved her...."

He gave a heartbroken smile. "And why you don't love me..."

Yesung's mouth fell open in shock at the news, disbelief racing across his face. His great-grandmother had been the one Kyuhyun used to love? How did that even make sense? Okay, Kyuhyun was obviously old enough to have loved her... but why her? Why the one who would lead to Yesung's own birth?

For the first time, he felt the vast distance between himself and Kyuhyun, not in space, but in years. He was just a passing moment in Kyuhyun's life, wasn't he? Just like she had been? Present just long enough to hurt him, then gone like the wind. Humans could only last so long.

He wasn't sure why that thought pained him so much... as did the heartbroken smile that graced the vampire's shaking lips.

"I'm not her," he said quietly, his head spinning and his chest aching. Yesung instinctively reached up, trying to wipe the tears off Kyuhyun's face like Kyuhyun had done for him not that long ago. "I'm myself. The fact that we're related is nothing."

"I know you're not her," Kyuhyun replied shakily, wanting to catch and hold Yesung's hand as the other man reached out to wipe away his tears. "But how else do you explain the attraction? The fact that I loved you as soon as I saw you?"

"Or the fact that it seems like you don't love me in return... like she didn't."

It seemed the time had come for Yesung to hear the entire story, though what he'd make of it, Kyuhyun didn't know.

"I'd already been a vampire for some time before I met Heeyoung," Kyuhyun began, his voice soft and shaky. "But it didn't seem to matter to her. She was fascinated with me, with my voice, with the lifestyle I led at the time. We went out to parties, I introduced her to some people I knew, and fell in love with her."

He looked down at the photograph again, a sad smile on his face. "I even introduced her to the vampire who took her from me." Kyuhyun gave a small derisive laugh. "Isn't that irony for you? Park Daejung said he loved her too, but all he wanted to do was make her a vampire like us, whether she wanted to or not. He was just biding his time, wooing her..."

"In the end, our little love triangle pulled us all apart and I left the country, unable to bear the thought of her... with him. The thought of her leading the same life as a vampire rather than human as she wanted to be. I would never have forced her because I loved her too much to do that." Kyuhyun looked up at Yesung, starting to shake physically at the shock.

"I'd only just returned when I met you. Isn't that ironic?" He gave another short laugh, wiping away his tears with the back of his good hand. "And then it turns out you're her great-grandson."

Yesung could only sit and listen as Kyuhyun explained to him just what had happened between him and Heeyoung. It was hard to take in, the feeling surreal as he tried to comprehend. He felt sadness for his great-grandmother, glad as well she'd gotten away from that other vampire, but he also felt pain for Kyuhyun, for being rejected by the one he loved. It wasn't something he thought he could ever deal with.

Neither was the idea of being forced into becoming a vampire, he thought with a shiver.

Watching Kyuhyun wipe away his own tears, Yesung bit at his lower lip, distressed. He hadn't meant for the night to be like this; they were just supposed to play video games, and Kyuhyun was supposed to laugh at Yesung running himself off cliffs, and get to know each other better... but not like this.

"It still doesn't mean anything though," he insisted. "It doesn't mean things will turn out that way again." Maybe it was just his imagination, but he felt he was being shut out, pushed away because he was related to someone who'd existed decades ago, who had nothing to do with him right now other than sharing the same blood.

"You're not understanding me, Yesung," Kyuhyun said fiercely, moving back from the other man as far as he could. "You don't love me either. That's the connection I see. What else am I supposed think? To do?"

"I've given you time. I've given you what I can of myself that you will accept, and still... even though it's been months since we first met..." He threw up his hand in frustration. "I really don't know what more I can do. If you don't love me, I can't force you to. I couldn't force her either. I'm not that kind of person." His voice turned bitter. "I'm not Park Daejung."

"I just don't know what to do... and you have no idea how frustrating it is to love people who don't love you back. Is there something wrong with me? I can't help but wonder..."

It stung, Yesung felt the deep pain as Kyuhyun moved away from him. He resisted the urge to clutch at his chest, his hands curling into the material of his jeans rather than grab Kyuhyun's own like he wanted to. And through all that, he began to feel the frustration building.

"Not everyone can figure out if they love someone so quickly, Kyuhyun! Please remember I spent a third of those months thinking I was going to be eaten." Yesung looked down at his lap, his hands shaking. "The amount of time we've actually started getting to know each other has been relatively small... I'm sorry if it's frustrating for you, but I'm just not sure yet. I know I like you... I don't know if it's love. I'm not going to lie to you about something like this."

He sighed, running one shaky hand through his hair. "There's nothing wrong with you, so don't even think that. You can't assume everyone's going to act like she did."

Listening to Yesung, Kyuhyun grew quiet and sat looking at his hands in his lap as well. He could see his point, but it still hurt. "I appreciate your honesty," Kyuhyun replied softly, not exactly knowing what to say or do now. They seemed to have come to some sort of impasse. "I would prefer you not lie to me about loving me, so I do appreciate it, even if it hurts to hear it."

"I still can't help but wonder because both you and her... who I loved and love..." Curling up so his knees were against his chest, his head down and his good hand covering his face, Kyuhyun fought to keep what little composure he had left. "You're human so you don't know how lonely it is... to be alone for so long and to love people who don't love you back... It just makes the loneliness worse."

"That said, I'd rather not have you love me than have you say you do when you don't... even if it hurts so much I want to give up..." His shoulders shaking, Kyuhyun's voice was muffled by his position, so he wasn't even sure how much of what he said made it through to Yesung at all. "I nearly did when she left me..."

If Yesung left him too... Kyuhyun wasn't sure what he'd do.

Yesung watched Kyuhyun, hurting at how fragile the vampire seemed, how broken. And there was nothing he could do to help him... short of lying, but he was determined not to do that. He just couldn't... say he loved the vampire if he wasn't sure yet. Even if he wanted to...

Shifting anxiously, the music student finally got up a little and scooted beside the other man, wrapping his arms around the vampire in a gentle hug, careful for his injuries.

"Don't give up," he whispered, his husky voice calm for once. "I'm not going anywhere, okay?" He ran one hand along Kyuhyun's back, pressing his lips to the top of the other man's head. "I waited for you to open that stupid gate all night, you think you're getting rid of me that easily?"

Resting his head lightly against Kyuhyun's, he closed his eyes, drawing in breath. "Let me sort out my own feelings, alright? Things aren't so clear-cut for humans as they are for vampires. And... even if it doesn't work out... I won't leave you alone, alright? I promise you that."

Yesung took promises very seriously; he would stay with Kyuhyun for as long as he could... for as long as his human life would allow.

Giving a soft chuckle, Kyuhyun allowed himself to just be able to sit like that with Yesung, not demanding anything. It was hard for him, having been alone for most of his life, and taking the time to work things out exhausted him mentally and emotionally.

Part of him felt angry; why did it have to be like this for him? The rest of him felt resigned; Yesung had promised he'd never leave, even if they never became lovers, but what would happen when he grew old and died? Kyuhyun wasn't sure now that he could deal with that any more than he was able to deal with this.

Maybe it wasn't just his vampire powers that were weak but himself as well, he reflected in the security of Yesung's arms. Perhaps that was what was wrong with him, despite Yesung telling him there was nothing wrong.

Leaning against Yesung, Kyuhyun closed his eyes and to his surprise, fell asleep. Not in the sense that he did every time the sun rose, but in the true human sense; his body and spirit had become too worn out to stay conscious any longer.

Yesung was surprised when he heard Kyuhyun's breathing even out, the vampire's body going limp in his arms. Lifting his head slightly to look down at the other man, he saw Kyuhyun was fast asleep. He'd never seen him like this... not in that death-state he was pulled into every dawn, but actually sleeping, breathing slowly and steadily and his eyelids fluttering every now and then.

He just watched Kyuhyun for the longest time, his eyes taking in the nearly peaceful expression. For the first time, he noticed that even though Kyuhyun was a vampire (and undoubtably stronger than Yesung, though he seemed to not be as powerful as he was supposed to be), his frame was thin and lanky while Yesung had more bulk to him, broader shoulders. The vampire fit in his arms, the embrace not made awkward by the fact they were both guys.

Finally he dropped his head lightly against Kyuhyun's again, closing his own eyes and just holding him, reluctant to move and possibly wake the other man up. It was... nice.

Neither of them moved, Kyuhyun sleeping and Yesung listening to the sound of the vampire's breathing and trying to sort out his thoughts. It was hard; he wanted to be absolutely certain if it was love, but was there ever a way to be?

Finally Kyuhyun stopped breathing, his body becoming limp in a very different way. Startled at first, Yesung's eyes shot open and he looked down at the vampire in shock before looking at his watch. It must be dawn already? Yesung was having trouble keeping his eyes open, the result of too many days either not sleeping well, or not sleeping for long periods of time.

He wanted to stay, but then there was school...

With a long-suffering sigh, Yesung shifted carefully until he could pick Kyuhyun up, panting a little. Thin vampire or not, Yesung wasn't the most athletic person around, and Kyuhyun was literally dead weight right now. He couldn't just leave him here on the couch or something, because the second Yesung tried to leave for school, the sun would fry Kyuhyun.

It took him a moment to get Kyuhyun up to his room, setting the vampire down on his bed carefully. Looking down at the still face, Yesung didn't move for a long moment. Then a sigh left him as he leaned down and kissed the cold lips lightly.

"You really are a pain," he muttered, pulling the blankets up over the other man. "But that's okay." Tucking him in and brushing dark locks of hair out of his face, Yesung finally left the room, heading downstairs and out of the house, making sure the door would lock behind him.

Walking down the back streets, he rubbed his eyes tiredly and looked at his watch. Maybe if he was fast enough, he'd be able to get two hours or something of sleep before his classes started... if he didn't just sleep through the first class entirely again.

Too tired to pay attention to his surroundings, he didn't notice the all too familiar prickling at the back of his neck... nor did he notice the damp cloth until it was shoved into his face, covering his mouth and nose. Yelling in surprise, Yesung struggled wildly, lashing out at his attacker until the chemical covering the cloth overcame him and his vision went black as he dropped.