We meet... again?

Paradise

 

Feeling a bit bored and too restricted to my bed for my liking, I hold onto the pole of my IV fluid machine tightly, weakly getting off the hospital bed. There was nothing that occupied my mind except seeing all those visions of you.

 

Carefully, I treaded over to the chair that sat near the windowsill. The only distraction there was in this empty room was the window that let me see the sky and its falling white specks. All of this reminded me of you, you know.

 

Everything reminded me of you.

 

Then I muttered, “But I still can’t believe we met again after that. Such miracles do exist.”

 

––––––––––

 

Five boys entered their new dorm, adjusting to the fact that they’ll be living with each other until their idol days are done. A certain boy couldn’t take his eyes off the leader of their new group. Ever since they introduced themselves, there hasn’t been a moment when the boy wasn’t staring at the older.

 

Feeling somewhat bothered and a bit flattered by all the staring, he turned to the maknae. “Gongchan, do you have a problem? Is there something on my face?”

 

Taken by surprise, the leader saw embarrassment on the maknae’s face, ears turning all red. “O-oh it’s nothing, hyung…”

 

Silence surrounded them until Gongchan finally asked, “Um… hyung. Have we met before?”

 

Jinyoung rubbed the back of his neck, trying to recall if he ever met the boy. “I don’t think we have. Why?”

 

“Oh it’s nothing. You just reminded me of someone that I met back then,” he replied, looking down at the floor as if it was the biggest distraction in his life.

 

Quietly, they unpacked all of their stuff and ate dinner with a bit of an awkward silence. The only thing, or pair should I say, that made the whole dinner entertaining was Baro and Sandeul bickering even if they did just meet.

 

Dinner ended and CNU instantly went to his bunk bed to sleep while Sandeul was banging on the bathroom door, yelling at Baro to unlock it in his Busan accent. Apparently, Baro went in when it was Sandeul’s turn to take a shower. Jinyoung opened his laptop, wearing headphones to drown out the noise his dongsaengs were making.

 

Oblivious to his surroundings, he didn’t notice a certain dongsaeng who took one last look at him before he went to sleep.