Judges

2012 AFF EXO FANFIC AWARDS
JUDGES
1. minminXP: She has been working as a reviewer ever since June 2011, and have been writing fanfiction for around the same period of time. Now, she works for wishful's shop as a reviewer. Recently joined a writing competition and clinched first place with her co-author for the story 'The Wanderers'.
2. Renzei27: She is an author like many other people on this site and has written a vast amount of stories that are written quite well and different than the normal romance-comedy stories you find on this site.  She's also one of the biggest supporters of the awards and has updated most of her exo stories to advertise and get this story promoted.  Some of her stories include 'We Can Make You Understand,' 'Now That I See You,' and 'Does That Answer Your Question Series.'
3. wishful: Most of you will know her from her 'Give Me a Year Writing Contest,' 'YG Family Facts,' and 'The Wishful Thoughts Shoppe.'  She is a reviewer (has been reviewing over 3 years), a judge and host to one of the most popular contests on AFF, and is another big supporter of the awards.  She's a fair but tough judge and has a critical eye for details.  
4. sporkerism: She's actually quite new to the EXO fandom, but has been writing stories for a while a lot of smaller fandoms.  She's a harsh, but fair reviewer, and is quite honest about her opinions when it comes to the stories she reads.  She isn't dissalusioned by a lot of popular fics that AFF has and her stories like 'Figureless Butterflies' or 'light fire with the heat from the palm of your hands' show off her skills as a wonderful writer.  She's a great addition to the team.
5. jubilee: An Exo fan since the group's debut, she has been writing stories for three years, including her well-known LuYoon stories and apply fanfics. She is also owns one of the earliest layout shops, Twinkle, and also does graphiscs and edits. She reviews at several shops especially Curiosity Reviews. While she is strict, she is also fair. 
6. redMAXcandy: A reviewer, writer, and reader. Owns the reveiw shop Carrot Reviews Shop. Looking for more inspirational writing styles so she can improve her own writing.
7. biiancaz: She has been a writer ever since she could read, and from the age of 10, entered in state writing competitions, winning finalist and highly commendation awards. With a wide range of experience under her belt, claiming second place in the 'Desespoir Writing Contest' with her story 'Cherry Blossoms'. As of late February, 2013, she has joined on the panel of reviewers at wishful's 'The Wishful Thoughts Shoppe'. She is tough and strict as a reviewer, but fair in every way.
8. --placingfifth: She has been working as a reviewer for almost a year now. She works for numerous review shos, however, she is more known as the co-author for the review shop, 'Cocoa and Marshmallows'. She is a reviewer who aims to judge with unbiased critique and is open to every genre. 
 
*****Note: The judging process is in place to make sure well written fics will go on to voting, not to prohibit authors from being voted on later.  We understand that some authors will tell their subscribers/friends to nominate them, and the story ends up being terrible.  We don't want terrible written stories to be voted on because people had their 2000 friends vote for them, instead of the story/author that has a well written story be pushed aside because of that. 
Some may be perplexed or worried about the judges not being qualifed enough to accurately judge a story.  If that's a case for you, don't be worried, because most of you as authors, readers, and reviewers understand what a good story entails.  So why shouldn't the judges be any different?  Yes, some of them aren't the most popular of writers and may not have as much experience as others, but that won't stop them from trying there best to make these awards shine.  They've also been a big help with asking questions, promoting these awards, and helping get all the kinks out of the awards to make it go as smooth as butter.
And if you are still worried, the review rubric is set up in a way that disallows a judge from judging too harshly or being biased against a story.  There is also a system in place that if something like that does happen, another review will be made  by a different judge for the same story.  There is also the fact that any of the stories nominated that are authored by one of the judges will not be reviewed by said judge.  
Reviews are there to help, not prohibit authors/stories from being voted on.  In fact, most stories will go through the reviewing process just fine and none will question the reviews put up in the first place.  If there are problems and you think you were judged unfairly, private message us, and we'll deal with the matter as best as we can.