Chapter 4: Moments

The 100th Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

While she was busy with wedding preparations and being strong for her upcoming wedding, he was busy ensuring that the ten dresses were already made and the couples already having their marriage registered. He even attended all of them and took pictures, wanting to give them to Fany as a wedding gift.

After all their hard work, it was finally their wedding day. They had the wedding at the chapel in his hotel and it was a bright sunny day. He stood by the altar with his best man, Khun, beside him. He was fidgety and his palms were getting sweaty. He had never felt this nervous before, but more than being nervous, he was worried; worried for her.

She added a little more blush on her cheeks to hide her pale skin. YuRi, her maid of honour, was also getting worried for her but the other woman knew that Fany would be sad seeing a worried best friend. YuRi checked on her one last time before the organizer called them out to start the ceremony. She looked beautiful in white.

Fany’s father held her hands tight as they waited for their cue. The flower girls started walking in, and in no time, YuRi was already on the aisle. Their wedding song started and with tears already in her eyes, she walked hand in hand with her father, keeping her eyes straight at Taec’s.

If I die tonight, I'd go with no regrets,
If it's in your arms, I know that I was blessed,
And if your eyes are the last thing that I see,
Then I know the beauty heaven holds for me,

But if I make it through, If I live to see the day,
If I'm with you, I'll know just what to say,
The truth be told, Girl, you take my breath away,
Every minute, every hour, every day

She almost stumbled on the aisle as her knees failed her once again. Her dad caught her, but there was evident worry in his eyes. Taec was about to rush to her when she shot him a pleading glance, not to arouse suspicions and worry.

“I think I made the dress too long...” she giggled at her father and he shrugged it off, as they continued walking towards the groom.

A moment in time, is all that's given you and me,
A moment in time, and it's something you should seize,
So I won't make the mistake of letting go, 
Everyday you're here, I'm gonna let you know

Her eyes became blurry with the tears and she almost lost her balance, showing her accidental clumsiness. Her father shot her a worried glance again but she just smiled back.

“I guess I’m not used to these heels...” she covered up but Taec already could not help to bring out his tears. He went near them in the middle of the aisle and held Fany’s hand.

Each morning that I get up, each morning I'll wait,
I love you more than ever, I love you more
So girl I'll never, go away, never stray

“Abeonim... I’ll take it from here...” Taec shook her father’s hand.

“Take care of my daughter, TaecYeon-ah... you know that she’s my precious baby... I wish you eternal happiness... I want two grandchildren, you understand? Congratulations, my son!” her father congratulated with a bright smile, but the couple just replied with a forced smile, wondering if they could heed that promise. Fany vigorously nodded as tears flowed on her cheeks as Taec held her hands tighter.

“Stop crying, my baby girl... you have to be happy and beautiful always, okay?” Her father wiped her tears with his thumbs and kissed her forehead, before letting Taec take her daughter towards the altar.    

So every moment we share together,
Is even better than the moment before,
If every day was, as good as today was,
Then I can't wait until tomorrow comes

The two slowly walked towards the altar and both took their seats in front of the pastor, as her bridesmaids rearranged her bridal train.

I love, love, love the moments, 
Moments we share together,
I love, love, love the moments,
I pray they'd last forever now.......

After all have settled down, the ceremony started and as of the moment, everything was going on smoothly. They have exchanged vows and wedding rings, and the ceremony was about to end.

“You may now kiss the bride...” the pastor announced.

They faced each other once again and he raised her veil over and behind her. He cupped her face as she held tight on his shoulders. Her knees could not hold it anymore and she was getting dizzier by the second. He leaned in and was only a centimetre away to closing their lips together when she collapsed in his arms.

Everything seemed to turn into slow motion for Taec. He stayed still as he held her in his arms, eyes just staring at Fany’s face. Everyone was shocked on what happened and both their families rushed towards her. They called for the ambulance and were tapping her cheeks to consciousness. It was not until Khun shook him that he came back to reality. He caressed her face and screamed for her name.

Sirens were heard and the crowd gave way as the medics carried her in. Taec, along with her family, rode the ambulance with her and held her hand tightly. They rushed in the hospital but they were stopped by the nurses as she was sent in the emergency room. He cried out loud and slumped down the bench and clenched his fists tight before screaming out loud and punching the cemented wall a number of times. His mom held his fist, stopping him from hurting himself further.

“Baby... TaecYeon-ah... Tell me what’s happening with your wife...” his mother requested him.

“Nothing...” He replied and at the same moment, Khun and YuRi arrived.

“Yah! You call this nothing? She collapsed in your wedding ceremony for God’s sake, and you call this nothing?!?! What did you do to my sister? Do you think we haven’t noticed that she’s becoming paler lately? That she’s thinner and not acting herself lately?” Her brother grabbed Taec by the collar and Taec just stayed still, tears flowing, letting his brother-in-law do whatever he wanted. Their mothers gasped while their fathers tried getting the brother away.

“Tell me! Jashik!” Her brother threw a punch at him and they all panicked when Taec was already on the floor, and her brother on top of him, not planning to stop his punches.

“She’s sick, so stop all of this!!!” The co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter