Chapter 3: I Wanna Grow Old with You

The 100th Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She woke up earlier than usual because of her abdominal pains. Without even having her stomach filled, she gulped in about three tablets of painkillers. The pain was growing by the day and she felt that she needs more painkillers than the usual.

It’s already the third week after she had gone to the hospital and she had visited the facility at least once a week to get updates. Even though the doctor had advised her to take surgery and lengthen her time, she didn’t want to. She didn’t believe that she would get more time since it was almost too late anyways. However, the doctor had prescribed her medicine which could help ease the pain, explaining the painkillers, although the doctor never told her to take three at a time.

She didn’t want to let him know just yet and she needs to hide it with painkillers. She’s getting weaker by the day and her stomach’s bulging a little although she had not eaten anything. SeoHyun even thought that she was pregnant.

He believed that she was getting stressed out because of marriage preparations and the ten bridal gowns she has to design. He wanted to help out with the preparations but he would not let him, brides are the boss, after all. Though he doubts about her condition, he could not lose his trust on her. He knew that she’d tell him someday, though he’s not sure whether that someday would even come soon. But she knew that she has to tell him and she planned to tell him tomorrow, maybe.

Eventually, he woke up after hearing her vomiting in the bathroom. He walked up to her immediately and helped hold her hair back. He rubbed her back as she continued gagging, even though nothing came out.

“Hey, are you pregnant?” Taec asked with his morning voice.

“No..., hell no... I just ate something bad...”

“You’ve been eating ‘something bad’ for quite a while now... I don’t even see you eating that much... What’s going on with you? I think you need to see the doctor... you suddenly changed your eating habits... you might be anorexic or something...”

“I’m not anorexic, okay!!!” she snapped and pushed her out of the bathroom, locking herself in and opened the waters to hide her sobbing. She didn’t want to treat him that way, but she didn’t want to be treated weak either. She wanted everything to be normal, at least before her time runs out.

After about an hour, she came out of the bathroom, hiding her swollen eyes. But she didn’t expect him to be like that. He was on the floor kneeling, holding a familiar piece of paper tightly. She looked around and she knew that he had rummaged through her things, finding some clue, finding that puzzle piece. And he did find that diagnosis result.

“Oppa...” her eyes widened in fear as she approached him slowly and hugged him.

“W-When were you going to tell me?!?! When?!?!” He screamed as he broke down to tears in her embrace.

“I... I’m so-sorry... Oppa, mianhae...” she cried with him and he just hugged her tighter refusing to let go even an inch.

They stayed in that state for the entire morning, crying in each other’s arms, not even saying any word to each other. With just each other’s touch and embrace, they could already tell what they wanted to say to each other.

“When did it even start?” Taec asked in a weak and hoarse voice.

“I found out about it the day you proposed... when I proposed... I just felt like I had to squeeze in forty years in just eight months... Everything I wanted to do, every dream I had just began to vanish in thin air just like that...”

“I should have known something was odd the day you asked me to marry you... So when are you having your treatment?”

“I’m not going to...”

“Fany-ah...” tears started to fill his eyes upon hearing her decision.

“It’s already too late oppa... even if I take chemo, there’s only a little chance that I’d survive, even if I lengthened my time, it would still be over soon...” she explained controlling her tears, seeing his pained face.

“Are you even in your right mind? Why won’t you want to live longer? Don’t you want to be with me?” He asked in pleading.

“That’s the point... I want to be with you... that’s why I don’t want to risk lessening my time with surgeries... They have told me that things might not go well with the treatments, now that I am at this stage... I just want to be with you throughout my remaining time, and live my life to the fullest with you... I’m sorry I can’t give you a child...” she cried trying to convince him.

“Fany-ah...” that’s all he could make out as he continued sobbing louder. He held his head in his hands and veins popped out of his every flesh.

“Oppa.., please don’t make this harder for me... I just want to spend my time normally... please...” she hugged him and cried louder in his arms.

He looked at her eyes and cupped her face before weakly nodding his head at her. He closed their lips together for a second and stuck their foreheads together, before looking at each other’s eyes again. “I love you, so much...” he whispered and tears ran down their faces.

After an entire day of crying, explaining and comforting, they slept in each other’s arms with fingers intertwined with each other. They didn’t let go of each other for even one second the entire day and they both wished they could stay like that forever.

The next day, she went to the office just like how she wished for him to let her. However, he was extra worried this time, not even having long meetings and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter