Just Want to Know

For You I Will...

Jessica looked at the flowers held in front of her by none other than Sooyoung. Jessica glanced at the smiling Sooyoung.

"What's the occasion?" Jessica didn't know why Sooyoung would just pop out of nowhere and give her flowers. It was really suspicious for her.

Sooyoung only grinned. She held Jessica's hands and put the flowers in her hands. "Happy Birthday Sica."

*Bing!*

The light bulb clicked in Jessica's head. So that's what it was...her birthday. Jessica held on to the flowers tightly and smelled it. She smiled. "Roses and-" Jessica didn't know what the other flower in the bouquet was so she looked at Sooyoung in curiosity.

"Forget-me-not." Sooyoung answered with a smile and stood closer to Jessica. "I wanted to give you something new for your birthday this year."

Jessica nodded her head and decided to tease Sooyoung a little. "And what did you get me for the last two birthdays?"

Sooyoung widened her eyes in surprise. "You don't remember?!" 

Jessica shook her head. "No. I've had so many presents from people that I don't remember. Please enlighten me." 

"Fine. But let's talk as we walk shall we?" Before Jessica could even reply, Sooyoung had already put her arm around Jessica's waist and led her forward. 

"The first year, I gave you an air purifier."

Jessica giggled to herself. She remembered that present. It was the most strange present she's ever gotten from anyone. "Why did you give me that?"

"Because you like sleeping but you always complain to Tiffany and Taeyeon how you can't have a long, peaceful, and decent sleep because of the dust in your room."

Sooyoung then turned her head to look at Jessica. "So I gave you that to help improve your sleep. Did it help?"

Jessica nodded her head. "A lot." 

Sooyoung was satisfied and rubbed her chin as she thought of the present she gave Jessica on the second year. " Last year I gave you a bike."

"And why? I could just tell my chauffeur to drive me." Jessica answered bluntly. "I'm Jessica Jung for a reason you know?"

Sooyoung let out a small laughter. She then led Jessica to sit on a bench. "Yes. I'm well aware of who you are. But you never know when a bike might be useful. You can't always depend on your dad and others to drive you."

Jessica pouted and crossed her arms. "I know how to drive too. You make me sound so lazy."

"That's not what I'm saying though. I'm just saying you should give new things a chance. It might help you more than you know."

"..."

"Jessica. Are you mad?"

"..."

"Sica..."

"Just flowers?"

"What?" Sooyoung asked when she heard Jessica's question. "What do you mean by 'just flowers'?"

Jessica turned around to look at Sooyoung. "My birthday present this year. Is it just flowers?"

Oh...now Sooyoung understood. "Why? Is that not enough?"

"No. It's not."Jessica answered back a little annoyed. "Why do you only give me flowers?"

Sooyoung sighed and shook her head. "You don't know? Or do you pretend not to?"

Now it was Jessica's turn to be confused. "What are you talking about?"

Sooyoung let out a fake smile and shook her head. "Nothing. Come on. Let's go. The others are waiting for us." 

Sooyoung waited for Jessica to stand up before walking side by side again.

As Jessica thought about Sooyoung's words, Sooyoung was in her own world as well. 

"Will you give me a chance Jessica?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"10 minutes late!!!" Taeyeon yelled the moment Jessica and Sooyoung sat down on the table. They had made reservations at an Italian restaurant for Jessica's birthday.

"Sorry." Jessica apologized. " There was traffic."

"That's no excuse. You should've-" Taeyeon lectured but was cut off by Sooyoung.

"I had to give Jessica my present." Sooyoung said calmly with a smile. "So it's not her fault."

Sunny rolled her eyes. "Seriously. You are really annoying at times Sooyoung."

Sooyoung faked innocence. "Why's that Sunny honey?" Sooyoung asked sweetly. Unbenownst to her, Jessica was clenching on to her dress tightly when she heard and saw Sooyoung acting too sweet with Sunny.

Sunny leaned over the table. "You know why." She said boldly. "Don't make me tell her." Sunny used her eyes to point at Jessica

"No I don't." Sooyoung leaned over as well. Jessica was going to pull Sooyoung back but Yuri beat her to it.

"Sooyoung. Sunny. Stop before I bang both of your heads together. And I promise it will hurt!" Yuri hissed and pushed Sunny and Sooyoung back to their seats.

"Thanks babe." Tiffany kissed Yuri's cheeks. "You're so mature."

Yuri blushed. "No. I'm just annoyed."

Everyone laughed except Jessica. 

"Are you okay Sica?" Sooyoung asked, her tone with worry.

Jessica just nodded her head. "Yeah. Let's order shall we?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuri, Sooyoung and Taeyeon were outside waiting for the other girls as they went to shop around the plaza near the restaurant.

"Did you ask her?" Yuri nudged Sooyoung.

"Yeah. Did you?" Taeyeon asked as well and nudged Sooyoung. Sooyoung was in the middle.

"No." Sooyoung mumbled lowly and looked at the sky sadly.

"What?! Why not?!!" Yuri exclaimed and turned Sooyoung to look at her. "You need to make it official dudette!!"

"Dudette??" Taeyeon was amused by Yuri's word. "What's that?"

"Sooyoung's not a guy so I call her a 'dudette' instead of 'dude'. Understand?"

"Ah...smart." Taeyeon complimented and then turned her attention back to Sooyoung. "So why didn't you ask my blonde cousin?"

Sooyoung shrugged. "I just couldn't. It seems like she doesn't really know how I feel. I mean, haven't I been obvious these past two years?" Sooyoung looked at her friends, asking for an honest answer.

"Yes." Yuri and Taeyeon answered simultaeneously. 

"Do we need to remind you again of your attempts?" Taeyeon asked. When Sooyoung stayed quiet, Yuri decided it was a sign that they had to. 

"Okay. I'll remind you of the things you did for that ice princess."

*Flashback 1*

"Sooyoung! Where are you going?" Yuri asked as Sooyoung was just about to exit the class room.

"I have to cook dinner tonight for Jessica before she gets back from her yoga class."

"But you have an exam tomorrow morning." Yuri reminded. 

"Don't worry. I won't go extravagant like last time." Sooyoung winked and left.

*End of flashback 1*

Yuri stopped and looked at Sooyoung. "And did you pass your exam?"

Sooyoung avoided Yuri's piercing eyes. "Um..well..."

"NO!!" Yuri yelled in frustration, catching Taeyeon by surprise.

"Why did she fail?" Taeyeon asked in curiosity.

"Because this lovestruck 'Romeo' here-" Yuri pointed at Sooyoung. "-spent the whole night cooking a romantic, candle lit, dinner under the stars for Jessica."

"Awww...that's so sweet!" Taeyeon squealed. Sooyoung smiled weakly back.

"Say that to the professor who failed her." Yuri spat back.

"Yah! I passed the class!" Sooyoung argued.

"And how you did I'm still clueless." Yuri stated.

"Simple. I'm smart." Sooyoung said with cocky smile.

"Anyways, continuing on." Yuri ignored Sooyoung and continued to talk.

*Flashback 2*

"You're always declining our offer to hang-out Sooyoung. What's the matter with you?" Sunny asked and took a seat next to Sooyoung on the bed. 

"Sorry. I've been busy." 

"With what?"

"With-"

"With that ice princess." Yuri interrupted as she sat on her bed across from Sooyoung and Sunny. Sooyoung glared at Yuri for telling Sunny but Yuri shrugged it off. "Sunny deserves to know. She can help you since she's Taeyeon's girfriend."

Sunny turned to look at Sooyoung in surprise. "You're still pursuing her after what she did to you in front of her friends last week at the party?"

"Yes." Sooyoung answered with a smile. 

"And just what are you doing now then for her?" Sunny asked, choosing not to say anything more to Sooyoung.

"Working double shifts so I can afford her the things she wants when we go on our dates."

*Flashback 2 ends*

"That's it?" Taeyeon asked. Yuri shook her head. 

"No. But I'm sure it should knock some sense into just how stupid Sooyoung was. She spent all her hard earned money on that witch and she didn't even care!" Yuri yelled in anger.

"That sounds like Jessica. But what did she do to Sooyoung with her friends?" Taeyeon asked.

"Tell her Sooyoung." 

Sooyoung shrugged. "Nothing much. She just asked me to karoake for her friends."

"Her drunk friends." Yuri added, tone full of venom. "That &^^%*(#@!"

Taeyeon felt bad. "I'm sorry Sooyoung. But Jessica was just-"

"-hurt from her past. Yeah. I know." Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon with a small smile. "That's why I'm still here. I want to prove myself to her."

Taeyeon admired Sooyoung. "But I remember Jessica telling me about that night. I saw one of the people who attended the party and he had a big cut on his lips."

Yuri and Sooyoung laughed at that remark. 

"What?" Taeyeon asked. 

"He tried to me and his friends started to be s to Jessica so I beat them up." Sooyoung said proudly.

"Ah...good job."

"I should've been there too. Missed out on the fun." Yuri said sadly. 

"Now my turn to tell you off your deeds Sooyoung." Taeyeon spoke with excitement. 

*Flashback 3*

"Jessica. You should really just give Sooyoung a chance." Tiffany stated as she looked at teh pacing Jessica in the room. Tiffany was in Jessica's room.

"No.  I'm not. She's just like Nickhun. Claiming to be true to me and in the end, its all about the money and popularity."

"Well. I thought Yuri was like that but she's not. Maybe you should give Sooyoung a chance." Tiffany reasoned.

"Give who a chance?" Taeyeon sat down next to Tiffany.

"Sooyoung." Tiffany answered nonchalantly. "But she's paranoid about her." Tiffany pointed to Jessica.

"I'm not paran- Do you guys hear that?" Jessica shushed Taeny down and all became quiet.

"I think it's coming from outside." Taeyeon answered and walked over to the window. "Jessica! Come here!!" 

Jessica and Tiffany ran to Taeyeon and looked outside the window.

"Sooyoung?!" JeTi said together. 

"What's she doing here?" Jessica asked and opened the window. 

"Awww...she's serenading to you." Taeyeon cooed and nudged Jessica. "Just blow her a kiss."

Jessica was awestruck. But was brought back to reality when Sooyoung began to talk.

"Jessica Jung! I really like you! I don't care what people say about you!! I know that you're not like what they say!! Please give me a-" Sooyoung had to stop talking because Jessica had just thrown a cup down toward her, missing her by a few inches.

"Go away!!" Jessica yelled and grabbed more stuff to throw at Sooyoung.

Sooyoung didn't want to anger Jessica anymore so she left...hurt and sad.

"Yah! Why did you do that?!" Tiffany asked, raising her voice a little. "She could've gotten hurt!"

Jessica walked away. "I don't care. Might as well save myself some trouble."She explained coldly.

"Poor Sooyoung." Taeyeon whispered aloud, earning an agreement nod from Tiffany.

*Flashback 3 ends*

"That's why you took my guitar?!" Yuri asked. "To sing for that heartless witch?"

"She's not heartless Yuri. She's just hurt and fragile." Sooyoung explained, quite irritated by her friend's negative view on her. "Don't say those things."

"Then she better start acting nicer or do something to not say those mean things then. I'm just being honest."

"I'm not done." Taeyeon interjected. "Listen."

*Flashback 4*

Sooyoung limped through the hallways of the campus, holding on to the right side of her abdomen, until a person appeared by her side and helped her.

"I told you to stay in the dorms today. Why didn't you listen?" Sunny asked as she wrapped an arm around Sooyoung.

"I need to deliver this note to Jessica." Sooyoung showed Sunny the little envelope in her right hand.

Sunny sighed. "She probably doesn't even care about all the other notes you wrote her."

Sooyoung shook her head. "No. She reads it." 

"If you say so. You and Yuri should've called for me to help you guys that night." Sunny stated as the both of them walked to Jessica class.

"You really expect us to call when we're fighting?" Sooyoung asked. "We were fight for our lives that we forgot about you."

"Pabo. A text would've suffice."

"And why would we text you when were in teh middle of fighting?" Sooyoung asked, amused. "It's okay Sunny."

"No its not." Sunny and Sooyoung looked up to see Yuri, Tiffany and Taeyeon in front of them. Yuri had a cast on her arm. "We could've died that night Sooyoung." Yuri stated seriously.

Tiffany put her lips to Yuri's lips. "Don't say that."

"Well it's the truth. Sooyoung told your cousin that Donghae was bad news but nooooo...she chose to ignore us." Yuri said as all of them took a seat at a nearby table near Jessica's class.

"Jess is like that. She doesn't need help from us and always does things her way." Tiffany defended. "She's independent."

"It's one thing to be independent. But it's another to be ignorant." Taeyeon stated. "Yuri's right Tiffany. Jessica didn't even listen to us when we told her."

Sooyoung knew she had to stop this conversation. "It's in the past. Just forget about it."

"Stop defending her Sooyoung!" Sunny yelled and looked at her friend intently. "Jessica doesn't care about you or your feelings. She probably doesn't even care that you risked your life for her that night."

"Sunny." Sooyoung reached out for her friend. 

"Let  her continue Sooyoung." Yuri advised Sooyoung. Sooyoung had no choice but to listen.

"Donghae could've her that night if it wasn't for you and Yuri. But your life was put at stake." Sunny continued. "You need to stop this. Jessica is not someone worth your life."

Sooyoung shook her head. "She's worth all of me Sunny." Sooyoung looked at everyone with glistening eyes and a sad smile. "...even my life."

*Flashback 4 ends*

"You deserve happiness Sooyoung. Your patience will pay off." Yuri said reassuringly. "Ever since then, she's become less horrible and cruel." Yuri said with laugh.

Taeyeon laughed too. "I agree. I think you're going to get what you've always wanted."

"I don't know. I must be doing a bad job because Jessica can't see or feel any of my efforts." Sooyoung stated dejectedly.

Taeyeon gaped. "You've got to be kidding me! You're as obvious as I am of being a byun with Sunny!"

Yuri and Sooyoung gave Taeyeon a disgusted look.

"Ew." Yuri said and blocked her ears. " I'll just pretend I didn't hear that from you."

"Some things are better kept a secret Taeyeon." Sooyoung said with a small laugh. "That is one of those things."

Taeyeon smiled sheepishly but continued her talking. "Anyways, you have been really obvious and sincere with your feelings. Either you really do , which I don't believe, or-"

"-or Jessica just really stupid to see and dont' want to acknowledge you." Yuri interrupted and looked at Sooyoung intently. "You need to tell her. I don't want you to be waiting for her if she doesn't even care about you."

Sooyoung just kept quiet. 

Yuri sighed. "I'm sorry but I'm just looking out for you. I don't want you to get hurt."

Taeyeon held Sooyoung's shoulder. "This is the third year already Sooyoung. Tell her how you feel."

Sooyoung sighed and smiled. "Thanks."

"No problem." Yuri said with a smile. 

"Any time." Taeyeon smiled as well.

"Yuri!!" 

"Taeyeon!!"

Yuri and Taeyeon were hugged by their girlfriends and left first, leaving Jessica and Sooyoung alone.

"Jessica. Is it okay if I take you somewhere?" Sooyoung asked softly.

"Where?" 

Sooyoung smiled. "Somewhere. It's where I'll give you my last present."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The waves echoed and splashed against shores in the dark. There were a few lights litted but most of the light came from the moon. Sooyoung helped Jessica sit down on the dock and she settled down right after.

"It's pretty." Jessica said with a smile. Suddenly, a cold wind passed through, causing Jessica to shake.

"Here. Wear this." Sooyoung put her jacket on for Jessica.

"Thanks. So why are we here again?"

"I want to give you my last present." Sooyoung said with a nervous smile.

Jessica turned to look at Sooyoung. "Okay. Where is it?"

"But before I do, I need to know something."

Jessica knew what Sooyoung wants to know but she had to play it cool. "Know what?"

"Do you-do you like me?" Sooyoung stuttered and looked into Jessica's eyes. 

Jessica froze. She was speechless.

"I'm sure you know how I feel about you Jessica. I really like you and I have fallen in -"

"Stop!" Jessica stood up. " I don't want to hear it." She then began walking away but was held back by Sooyoung.

"Let go of me!" 

Sooyoung turned Jessica aroudn and held her shoulders. "Just tell me. Do you like me?" 

"..."

"Have you ever had any feelings for me?"

"..."

"At any point during the past 2 years, have you ever loved me?" Sooyoung asked, desperately wanting to know the answer. Jessica's silence was making Sooyoung more nervous.

After what seemed like forever, Jessica finally answered. 
 

"No."

Sooyoung felt herself weakening. She let go of her hold on Jessica slowly.

"No?" Sooyoung repeated. 

Jessica looked at Sooyoung with no emotion. "You really think I will like or fall in love with someone like you Choi Sooyoung?"

"But all the things that we'v been through in the past-"

"Nothing. They were nothing." Jessica answered coldly.

"You're lying. I felt love from you Jessica." Sooyoung argued. "Even when you said you hated me or pushed me away, I knew you were lying."

"Why do you think so?"

Sooyoung hugged Jessica. "I'm not like Nickhun Jessica. I know that after what he did to you, you closed yourself from love. But believe me, I won't hurt you. So please, give me a chance. Haven't i proven myself to you?" Sooyoung released the hug and looked into Jessica's eyes. "Please just give me a-"

*Slap*

Sooyoung looked at Jessica, eyes watery. 

Jessica couldn't believe what she had done but looked away. "I told you to stop lying to me! You think I'm easy! You think I'm dumb Sooyoung?!" 

Jessica let out a dry laugh. "Well you thought wrong! I know what people like you are capable of doing. I had fun Sooyoung. But we should just end things now."

"Had fun?"

Jessica nodded and smiled. "Of course. You really think I would fall for someone such as yourself. I had fun Sooyoung."

"Fun?" Sooyoung was angry now. "You think I did this for fun?!!" Sooyoung gripped Jessica tightly by her arm. "Look at me Jessica Jung!"  

Jessica hesitantly looked at Sooyoung. She saw Sooyoung, but this Sooyoung was different. "My feelings are not something I use to have fun and I certainly don't use people. I've had enough Jessica Jung. If all the things I did for you were just 'games', then you're right. Let's end everything tonight."

Jessica felt her heart hurting and felt like it was being torn apart. 

Sooyoung then let go of Jessica and let out a bitter laugh. "I was so stupid! So stupid for falling in love with you." 

Jessica saw the agony on Sooyoung's face and eyes. 

"Sooyoung-"

Sooyoung glared at Jessica. "Don't you dare call my name! You are nothing but a hypocrite."

"What?" Jessica uttered. 

"You claim to be broken hearted from a man who only cared about money and fame. He played with you too didn't he?" Sooyoung asked but didn't let Jessica answer. " And here you are, doing the same thing to me."

"I told you to stop. I told you that nothing will happen between us." 

"So now it's my fault?" Sooyoung pointed to herself. "Fine. I agree. It's my fault for following you and listening to you like a lost puppy but I had my reasons."

"Sooyoung-"

"Quiet! I talk and you listen Jessica Jung." Sooyoung yelled. She wants to tell Jessica everything tonight. "I've tried so hard..so, so hard to make you like me. And you asked me once why I don't listen to you. Well, I don't listen to you because I want to by your side. I want to be the one you go to when you're hurt. The one you confide to. The one that will keep you company so you're never alone. The one you trust. And the one you...the one you love." Sooyoung whispered the last part.

Jessica didn't know what to say. What has she done? She has done everything opposite of what she feels. 

"But all of that ends today." 

Jessica looks at Sooyoung in despair and pain.

Sooyoung stands right in front of Jessica. "From this moment on, I'm going to forget you. I won't care for you. I won't talk to you. I won't bother you. I'll leave you alone."

"Soo."

"Don't call me by that name. You have no right. We will not speak to each other unless we have to. I'm ending all ties with you Jessica Jung Sooyeon."

Jessica's lips were quivering now and her tears were threatening to fall. 

"This is all I have to say. I'm leaving first. I'll call Tiffany and Taeyeon to pick you up." And with that last statement, Sooyoung left.

While Jessica stayed behind, crying and regretting....Sooyoung has really left, just like she wanted...right? 

But what's the point of lying to herself...she knew she made the biggest mistake the moment Sooyoung left. And she did nothing...as she watched Choi Sooyoung walk away...with her heart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooyoung had just gotten back to the dorm and wasn't suprised that Yuri has not returned. By now YulTi and TaeSun was probably with Jessica. 

Sooyoung felt tears streaming down her face as she recalled what had happend with Jessica. Her reverie was soon disturbed by a phone call.

"Hello?" 

"Sooyoung? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Sooyoung realized her voice was still a little hoarse from crying. "I'm fine dad. Just got a little cold."

"Good." Her dad sighed from over the phone and Sooyoung could see her dad smiling. 

"Something wrong dad?" Sooyoung asked as she sat up on her bed. 

"Nothing is wrong. I just wanted to know if you thought about what we discussed the other day."

"The school in America?" Sooyoung wanted to confirm.

"Yes."

Sooyoung took a deep breath and looked at a photo of her and Jessica. They had taken a photo together at a booth and Sooyoung was able to kiss Jessica's cheek although it resulted in HellSica. Sooyoung laughed at the memory.

"Sooyoung?"

"Yes." 

"Yes what?" Her dad asked back in a gentle tone. "Did you read the brochure I sent you?"

"I'll go dad. I'll go stay with Uncle in America and study there."

"You will? That's great!" 

"Yeah. And dad?"

"What is it honey?"

"The sooner the better." Sooyoung answered, a tear running down her face.

"Okay. But you don't sound so good. Make sure you take medication okay?"

"Okay. I have to go back and study. Have a good night." 

"You too honey. Good night. I'll call you tomorrow with the rest of the information."

After hanging up, Sooyoung laid down on the bed and looked at the picture of her and Jessica one last time.

"Goodbye Jessica Jung." And Sooyoung threw the picture into the trash before closing her eyes, hoping sleep will relieve her of her heartache and of the blonde, beautiful woman who had broken her heart.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Going to sleep now :D Stayed up to update. lol.