God Save My Soul

My Obsession

" So, you call me and ask me to help you, plop yourself down in my living room and sit there silently and expect me to know what's wrong? Just ing tell me what's wrong already!" Daesung huffed out, exasperated as he paced back and forth on the maroon carpeting of his living room. He glared pointedly at Jiyong, who just continued to sit there silently and stare back at Daesung.

"Hyuuuung. Please tell me what's wrong." the younger male whined, jutting his bottom lip out.

Yah, Jiyong thought, That's not fair. He can't use my own begging tactic on me.

The blonde's eyes had glazed over, and he was staring at the carpet with a zombie-like expression. At the realization that he was making absolutely no progress, Daesung sighed in defeat and parked himself on the floor in front of Jiyong.

"Did you get into an accident?" No response.

"Did someone get hurt?" Still no response.

"Are you okay?"

"Is it a girl? Holy crap, is that it? Please tell me you didn't get someone pregnant!" Daesung asked, worry written all over his face. Jiyong rapidly fluttered his eyelids for a minute, and then silently denied it with a curt shake of his head.

"Good." Daesung released a breath he had been holding in, blowing his blonde bangs off his forehead. He zoned out for a couple of very long minutes, obviously mulling over something.

"It's a guy, isn't it?" 

Daesung's question was inadvertently confirmed when Jiyong's shocked eyes darted up to meet his. Daesung stared up a the ceiling, silently begging, God save my soul. He then latched onto Jiyong's shoulders, gently shaking him.

"Tell. Me. What. Happened. Or I swear to God, I will toss you out that damned window."  Daesung angrily demanded, jabbing his finger toward a nearby window.

Jiyong swung his head from side to side, and then ruffled his golden locks, as if he had been awoken from a slumber. He hadn't been ignoring Daesung, he had just been trying to find the right wording for what he wanted to tell the younger man. It felt as if it were on the tip of his tongue, but it also felt as if no words could describe what he was feeling toward Seunghyun. Whenever the man wasn't around him he felt ill, the feeling similar to one of being incomplete, like he lost an object dear to him and upon remembering where it was, figuring out that he couldn't reach it.

Just then, the answer suddenly occurred to him, the realization hitting him like a train and causing his heart to stutter to abrupt stop, before picking up again and pounding at triple the normal speed. His chest ached as if the speeding muscle would explode out of it.

Could what he was thinking be true? If so, he was in some deep .

"Dae... I think I may be in love."

Daesung's eyes popped open and his jaw went slack. Swiftly regained his composure, his jaw snapped shut and he squinted his eyes at Jiyong.

"Ji, are you high? I was wondering why you were acting so odd. Let me see your eyes." Daesung demanded, grabbing at the smaller man's face.

"Yah, let go of me! I'm not high!" Jiyong squealed, ripping his face out of Daesung's grasp and hastily scooting out of arms reach.

"That's not what your reaction just told me! Come on, I'm not going to hurt you." The younger approached Jiyong  cautiously, like you would do to a wounded and scared animal, raising his hands as if to show surrender. Suddenly, he lunged at Jiyong, pinning him to the ground. Sitting on the other's legs, he restrained his hands above his head.

Jiyong flung his head back and forth, squirming and making a vicious attempt to break free of Daesung's hold, but the other man persisted on keeping him down. Leaning over, he peered into the depths of Jiyong's eyes for a minute that seemed to last a lifetime.

Then, appearing satisfied but also unsatisfied at the same time, Daesung sighed defeatedly and released Jiyong's thin wrists, sitting back on his legs. An uneasy expression crossed Daesung's face as he cocked his head to the side, looking strikingly similar to a confused puppy.

"If you're not high...Are you just screwing with me, Jiyong? Please, don't screw with me like that--"

"I'm not screwing with you."

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Sipping at his coffee, the blonde checked his watch.

6:32 p.m.

       Daesung had tried to coax further information about his unfortunate predicament from Jiyong, but to no avail. His lips were sealed tight, and he would not release another single word about what happened, or more appropriately, who happened. Jiyong didn't know why he wouldn't talk to Daesung; The ever-smiling man had been his closest friend since he could remember. It would most likely make him feel better if he talked to Daesung about what happened. About the feelings that Seunghyun rouses from his subconscious, feelings that have been slumbering, tucked away in the dark recesses of his mind for years. The painful need to have Seunghyun by his side at every minute of every day. All with his dimpled cheeks, his perfect cupid bow lips, and his soulful eyes. His laugh, his endless amounts of charm and witty jokes.

       Sensing Jiyong's mental turmoil, Daesung had resorted to the thing that had worked every time, ever since they were children. Shopping.

Jiyong loved clothes, and Daesung knew this from years of experience. He was absolutely positive that shopping would at least lessen a little bit of the internal distress in Jiyong's head. Convincing him to go was hard though. He had to beg him for an hour straight, even resorting to telling a tiny white lie. Daesung falsely informed the little diva that he had an interview in a couple of days, and needed his help buying some clothes to wear. Jiyong's eyes had lit up at that, and hesitantly, he had agreed to go.

After Jiyong checked his watch he thought, The mall is closing soon, we should get--

But a boisterous noise originating from his left pocket abruptly cut off his train of thought. His phone was obnoxiously ringing, blasting the song "Ring Ding Dong" by Shinee at a deafening octave. Fumbling for a moment a then finally retrieving the maddening device, he inspected the caller I.D.

"Who is it?" Daesung snooped as he peered over the shorter man's shoulder.

Unknown Caller

"I dunno..." Jiyong muttered, showing him the phone.

"Well aren't you going pick it up?"  Daesung wasn't  the ill-tempered type of guy, but he appeared to be irked by Jiyong's extremely blasé demeanor.

"Yeah, I guess..." The latter replied blandly.

I swear to God, I'm going to be so ing pissed if this is another telemarketer, Jiyong thought as he hit the "answer" button and pulled it up to his ear.

"Jiyong?" rumbled a deep, unsure voice at the other end of the line.

Jiyong choked, coffee shooting out of his nose. Coughing and sputtering, his face began to grow a violent shade of red from embarrassment and the lack of oxygen. Leaning on his knees, Jiyong attempted to calm his erratic breathing and his racing heartbeat. Passing people ogled at him, including Daesung, who had an odd expression painting his face that Jiyong couldn't quite put a name to. Maybe a mix between Oh-my-god-is-he-okay?, Holy-crap-what-is-wrong-with-him?, and oh-God-everyone-is-staring.

"You okay, man? What's wrong?"

Jiyong promptly ignored the worried question and, with shaky hands, raised the cell phone to his ear.

He managed to spit out a weak "Hey.", wincing at the gravelly sound of his voice and the slight twinge of pain in the back of his throat.

"Jesus, Jiyong," Seunghyun breathed "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just swallowed my coffee the wrong way. What's up?"

"You didn't say bye to me."

It took Jiyong a minute to finally figure out what the other man was talking about.

"Well, I didn't want to wake you up. Would you prefer me waking you up next time?" He asked with a hint of sarcasm.

Seunghyun playfully teased "When did I ever say anything about a next time?" and Jiyong could almost hear his smirk through the phone.

Before Jiyong could even summon up a smart comeback, Seunghyun threw another question at him.

"Actually, I was wondering if you would go to this party with me. It's not really a party though, it's this large meeting of huge corporation owners so they can meet other corporation owners, most of whom they already know, and flaunt their wealth and women. It's really boring, and all those damn aristocrats annoy the out of me. " He said, finishing his miniature tangent.

Jiyong's stomach was full of fluttering butterflies, his heart in his throat. Pausing for a long moment, he finally responded.

"Telling me how boring it is isn't going to win me over. And why are you asking me, anyway? Don't you have someone better to ask?" his voice contained some bitterness behind it. He shouldn't go with Seunghyun, no matter how much his heart yearned for the company of the other man. He should distance himself from Seunghyun. Just say 'no'. I should be an easy feat. 

"I have to have a date when I go. And you were the first one who popped into my head. And I think it may be, at the least, half less boring if you go with me. Please?" He begged, his voice hopeful.

Jiyong's heart melted, right along with his resistance to give in to the temptation . Seunghyun was begging him to go to the party with him.

Begging.

Jiyong sighed loudly, reluctantly giving up his internal battle.

"I'll go."

 

 

 

A/N: Hey, sorry it took me so long to update, school has been kicking my . Also, sorry that this chapter wasn't too eventful. At least you get some Daesung love~~

Please comment. :P  

Comments are the fuel to my fire. Thanks for reading <3