Two

The Varsity Party Scandal

Please let it be a bad dream.  Please let it be a bad dream.

Yuri chanted it over and over again as she looked at Jung Yunho walk slowly towards them.  She couldn’t exactly tell if he was looking at her but she was suddenly overwhelmed with a feeling of fleeing. 

“Hangover, huh?”  Yunho asked as he stopped right in front of them. 

“Hmm.”  It was all that she could come up to.  Honestly, she didn’t know how she could face him.  She eyed the rolled paper tucked between his body and arm. 

“You must have read this already,” he said motioning for the paper. 

“There’s really no need to read it when everyone’s trying to fill me in of what’s written in there,” she said and gave him a look.  “You don’t seem to be perturbed of what’s happening.  I bet you’re pretty used to it.”  

Yunho chuckled.  It was the first time she heard him laugh and his low laugh did a great job making knots inside her stomach. 

“That’s not fair.  I know I have a reputation among girls,” he smiled knowingly which she wanted so much to wipe off his face, “but I never did once had a reputation of taking my private affairs in the public.  This is as much of a problem to me as it is to you, Ms. Kwon.”

“At least I am not the only one,” she said and let herself smile a little.  Maybe this wasn’t such a bad thing at all. 

“You,” he started and tilted his head a little, “look prettier when you smile.” 

She could feel her face heating up and she never could have been more thankful for the BB cream she generously applied to cover her miserable face before going off.  She wanted to say something so as not to make it obvious that she was actually feeling awkward.

“Anyway I have to go now.  I guess I’ll just have to see you around then,” he said as he tipped the cup of coffee he was holding and walked away. 

“He didn’t seem to be that bad,” Seohyun said as she, too, stared after him.  She looked at the younger girl beside her, trying to affirm if it really was her who just talked.  Seohyun never did show any interest in guys.

“He’s got a nice back, too,” Seohyun added and looked at her.  She couldn’t help but laugh.  She grabbed her dongsaeng’s arm as they walked off.  She knew Seohyun was just trying to make her feel good and she did.  She felt her phone vibrate.   

1 message received

She swore if it would be another message asking if what was written on the paper was true, she was going to throw her phone for good.

Yunho: We’ll get through this!  Why don’t we have lunch together?   Have you heard about Uncle’s Cabin?  I heard it’s a great place.

She didn’t know since when did she have his number on her phone but she was guessing that a hot make out wasn’t the only one she could not remember from last night, apparently, she did forget about the exchange of numbers, too.

Sure.  I hope there’ll be no paparazzi waiting for us there.

She pocketed her phone and smiled.  Maybe this wasn’t such a bad thing after all.  Maybe he wasn’t that bad after all… because he has such a nice back.


 

 

Uncle’s Cabin turned out to be a floating cabin at the bay near their university.  It’s the part of the district where big houses were situated so just few people knew about the place. 

On the outside, it looked like a shabby cabin but when they got inside, Yuri was surprised at how cozy the place was.  The place smelled like pines and the delicious food they were preparing.  It wasn’t luxurious that she’d need to be anxious but it wasn’t lame either.  The walls were decorated by paintings of forests and bayous that added to that comely feeling.  There were only about five tables inside the cabin and two of those were already occupied by some patrons.

“How come I never knew about this place?” she whispered to Yunho.  She liked the place.

He smiled at her, “Only a few people know about this place.  And as much as I want to advertise this place, I don’t want to give away the privacy this place has.”

Yunho led her to the corner of the cabin, a little too distant from the other tables.  Next to their table was an old and well-loved grand piano.  As they took their seat, a plump elderly man wearing a white buttoned up chef uniform emerged from the doorway only adorned with beads strewn together. 

“Ah, so you’ve finally brought a girl here, Yunho-yah,” said the man.

“This is Yuri.  We go to the same university,” Yunho said, ignoring the jibe of the elderly.  “And this is Uncle Kim,” he said as he referred to the man, “He runs this place single-handedly and he cooks the most delicious bulgogi you would ever taste.”

“Nice to meet you, Uncle Kim,” Yuri said, feeling welcomed at the place.  Uncle Kim has a warm personality and his whole face would light up whenever he smiles.

“You beautiful darling, nice to meet you, too.  I always say to this young man that he should bring his girl here to meet me.  He always seems so alone and he doesn’t talk to me about a girlfriend as far as I can remember.  I said he should not get his good looks go to waste.”

“Uncle Kim, we’ll have the favorites I usually have when I am here,” Yunho said as if Uncle Kim wasn’t talking about him.  “You’re not on a diet, are you?” he asked.

“Oh, no.   I eat a lot actually,” she said.  It was true though.  She was a swimmer and she spends more than three hours in the pool to practice everyday. 

“Ah, good for you,” Uncle Kim said.  “Girls nowadays only eat as much,” he said and showed his pinky.  He smiled again before going back to their where he came in before.

“He talks a lot but he’s a really nice man,” Yunho said, starting a conversation between them.

“He knows a lot about you,” she said, laughing a little at how Uncle Kim was talking about him earlier.

“Well, yeah,” he said and scratched the back of his neck.  “I go here a lot and he talks too much, he nosed too much about my life.”

“I could gather as much,” she said and laughed.

“I meant what I said earlier.  You look really prettier when you smile… or laugh,” he said and waited at how she would take it.

She knew that he was making the move on her.  She has heard of his reputation among girls.  She knew that he has never been serious with anyone since she knew of him.  Not once did she see a girl cry because of him.  She could be one of those girls.

Yet she smiled.  “Am I prettier now?”

She dated two guys before.  She thought they were better than Yunho’s kind because they never had such reputation.  She was wrong, wasn’t she?

“Yes, you are.”


 

 

It has been almost two weeks since Yuri and Yunho started dating.  They decided to keep it a private affair because that scandal during the varsity party hasn’t died down yet.  Every eye was unto them whenever they meet on the corridors or even when they just smile at each other.  They played it cool, they acted as if they were friends and nothing more.

However it was a different story whenever they meet secretly.  They were always all over each other.  It didn’t really matter where, as long as they have the privacy at that place.  And for that moment, their little private place is at the secluded section of an old bookstore at the downtown area. 

Yunho was carrying Yuri’s weight as he pinned her against a shelf with his body, both of her thighs wrapped around his waist.  Yuri’s hand roamed freely on Yunho’s abundant hair as her other hand was on his broad shoulder.  Yunho’s hands were on his neck and her flat stomach. 

It was just one of their stolen moments together.  Yuri could not even believe how she could forget a make out session like this with Yunho.  Every time they start to make out, it was so hard to stop.  He would literally take her breath away.  They would always just come out to breathe and it would beat her training underwater. 

“Oh God,” she gasped as they both came up for air.   

“We’re having an away game this Friday.  You’ll come to see me play, won’t you?” he breathed as his hand started to go to ends of her hair and slightly pulling gently some strands.  He trailed butterfly kisses to her neck.

“I…”  It was hard to think whenever he did that!  “I…”

“You…?” he said and looked at her.  The amusement in his eyes didn’t escape her.  She punched him playfully on his chest.

“You don’t play fair,” she said and pulled herself out of his hold.  She fixed her blouse and shifted her attention to the books that moments ago were ignored.  He chuckled when she turned her back on him.

“Okay then, I didn’t play fair,” he circled his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.  “Will you come and watch me play?  It’s going to be the first game you’d watch me play ever since we started seeing each other.”

“I never watched you play before.”  She didn’t like hockey.  She thought that the game always involved violence.

“I can’t believe you’ve never seen me play.  And I thought you dated me because I’m one hell of a player.”  She smiled.  Of course she knew that he was one hell of a hockey player. 

“I know how you’re one hell of a hockey player.  You have The Pink Post to thank for that.  The game’s just too aggressive for me.”

“Some people enjoy those kinds of games, you know,” he took her hand and kissed it.  “I promise,  it won’t turn out to be a violent game.  Just come and see me play.”

She sighed.  How could he expect someone refuse him if acted like that? 


 

A free week, babies!! I’ll let you hear me cry for this freedom before I get into the mud again for two semesters!  There are a lot of things I want to do.  I don’t think a week is enough.   Anyways they moved fast, didn't they?  Love to hear from you <3