One

The Varsity Party Scandal

 

 

ChapterOne

 


 

The last time Yuri could remember that she had a hangover this bad was when she was a freshman.  It was their dorm acquaintance party and her official first college party.  She already ditched her first class because she could barely make it to the bathroom of their room by that class ended.  When all of her food and alcohol intake were officially flushed, she swore to never let Ara lead her in any party they attend.

Last night, they went to a party thrown by the university exclusive for the playing athletes of the semester.  It was one of the best parties she had ever been to as the school did splurge a bit for their one night of fun.    Too bad that she came back to their dorm wasted as anyone could get. 

Bzzt.  Bzzt.

She looked at the offending phone on top of her drawer.  The bloody thing hasn’t stopped vibrating ever since she woke up.  She had a mind to throw it but her headache was just too much to ignore. 

“Whoever thinks it’s nice to pester someone this early needs to be fed to lions,” she muttered as she slowly took her phone.  “Great.”  There were fifty-two missed calls and too many messages that she needed to make more space for the incoming ones.  Almost all of her friends have called and messaged her and the most bizarre thing was that everyone was asking if it is true.

She had no idea what heck was true.  She thought that it could not be about her being wasted when some students do get wasted at parties.  She decided to ignore those questions until she read Seohyun’s text about her being involved with Jung Yunho.

Unnie, there’s been a rumor going around.  You and Jung Yunho supposed to have hooked up last night.  There is a video of you two making out, too.  Yoong-unnie said you might have a hangover so I hope you won’t flip out about it.

She read Seohyun’s text again.  She was having a hard time understanding it but she doubted that it had something to do with pulsating pain in her head.  Her and Jung Yunho?  It must be some kind of a joke, right?

She knew Jung Yunho.  Who doesn’t when the guy was practically a living prize for the hockey team of the university?  He was hot and has a bit of a reputation with women.  She thought he was hot but she had never thought of talking to him much more, making out and hooking up with him. 

Flashes of what happened last night seemed to come back to her.  “,” she muttered as she got up and took her sunglasses.  Her next class is in five minutes.

 

 

 


 

 

She was sure there was a visible pulsating nerve on her forehead as she and Seohyun were walking through the corridor.  They just came out of their Political Science class where she ignored her professor when he told her to take off her sunglasses.  He was easier to handle than her hangover. 

Despite quietly nursing her headache, she was well aware of the stares sent her way.  It just meant that she was the last one to know about the gossip and the video.  There was one senior who bravely asked her about it.  He received a positive growl from her and an apology from the younger female beside her.

“This is so irritating,” she said.  Seohyun sighed and gave her an apologetic look.  Sometimes, she wondered where the Seohyun got the patience to put up with her mood swings.

“I heard that the incident was written on The Pink Post’s copy this morning.  It looks like this will last for a while,” she said.

“And since when did it become a gossip tabloid?  I didn’t know they could run out of important things to write about.”  It was true though.  Three pages of the paper the previous day were dedicated to berating some members of the school’s board members for voting against the impulsion of the student who was allegedly involved with a politician.

“Jung Yunho was involved, you see.  And the two of you are varsities who would compete this season.  That means interesting.”

“Interesting, my .  I hope Jung Yunho would appear with a hot chick in his arms right away so this would stop.”

“The girl’s you at the moment though,” Seohyun said with an amused look in her face.  She might have found the situation amusing, too, if she just woke up without a hangover.

“Ugh,” Yuri groaned.  “It’s far from being an appealing thought.”

“Oh!” Seohyun exclaimed and stopped on her track.

Sometimes, a person could ask how worse a day can get and in that exact moment, Yuri was asking that to herself.  Right walking into them was Jung Yunho.  And like Yuri, he was wearing a pair of sunglasses.  He was holding his phone to his ear with his right hand, a cup of coffee with his left hand and a rolled of what looked like a copy of The Pink Post tucked between his body and right arm.

“Oh.”

 


A/N: Thank you all for subscribing!