Chapter 3

The Stars in His Eyes

"Okay everyone, you can eat!" you said happily placing the kimchi on the table. The boys came happily around the table and started filling their bowls. 

When Hongki was finished eating he washed his bowl and pecked your cheek. The other boys looked at you both in surprise while you touched your cheek. Hongki looked back at them and smirked. "I'm going to go play soccer, who wants to join me?" Minhwan and Jonghun shot up from their seats and rushed behind Hongki.

Jaejin slowly ate and looked at his bowl with an empty look on his face. "What's wrong Jaejin?" you asked with a worried voice. "Oh, nothing" Jaejin said with a forced smile. "Is this about that girl?" "Yeah." "Tell me about her." you said hoping to help. 

 

"I fell in love with a woman once. Her name was . Eun Ah. She had long brown hair and beautiful pale skin. Her eyes reminded me of my mother. When we were in elementary school together I'd secretly follow her around. I left love notes on her desk almost everyday. We became good friends after awhile. One day in my last year of high school I finally gained the courage to confess to her. I gave her her favorite type of chocolates and asked her to be my girlfriend. She said yes after recognizing my persistence. We've been together ever since." 
 
"So when did things go wrong?" you asked. His shoulders stiffened slightly. "About two months ago I noticed she started getting distant. I thought she was unhappy. After my music career got more serious, I had less and less time to spend with her. I wouldn't hear from her for weeks at a time. I asked if she wasn't happy with me, but she'd shrug it off and say she was fine. The only times she'd come was if the band was going out for drinks. Last week she finally told me that she didn't want to be with me, so I let her go."  You looked at Jaejin with sympathetic eyes, but Jaejin looked at you and smiled. 
 
"Hey, stop looking at me like that!" he said slightly shoving your shoulder. "I'm sorry, let's change the subject then!" you said in a panic. "Okay then, what's going on between you and Hongki?" he asked with a curious smirk. "I don't even know..." you confessed, "To be honest, I didn't think he was interested in me." "Why did you think that?" Jaejin asked with a line between his eyebrows. 
 
You put your fingers between his eyebrows and smoothed out his worry line and smiled. He looked at you and grabbed your hand in his. "Why did you think he didn't like you?" he said in a more serious tone. "I saw him kiss another girl right before, well, when you saw me cry." "He never mentioned another girl." Jaejin said, half to himself. "Well I don't see why he wouldn't like you, you're beautiful and talented." You looked down to see Jaejin's hands were still wrapped around yours. Jaejin met your gaze and quickly let you hands go and smiled nervously. You let out a small giggle and smiled back. "I'm glad I have a friend like you." you said.