Teach Me How To Love You 2

 

  Please forgive me for what I've written down here OTL              

 


 

                 Baekhyun carefully typed down the report. He’s almost at the end of the page and he knew he could do it before lunch break started. After a few more words and editing, he stretched his arms; feeling contented with the outcome.  He never hated doing his work but sometimes, it could be a lot irritating. Especially when his boss asked him to do other reports which were supposed to be done by other clerks.

                “Hey, Baekhyun!” A voice called him. Baekhyun rose from his chair and raised his hand at his colleague, Suho, who was walking towards him. He was probably going to ask him for lunch or maybe tell him that he had to go out with other employees. Typical Suho. He only went out with Baekhyun because he wanted him to pay.

                “Hey… lunch?” Baekhyun asked. By looking at his friend’s eyes, he already knew he’s going with them. Again. It’s not his fault he was short of money at the moment. His income was not that high for a single young man.

                “I’ll go with them.” Suho said.

                Just like what he expected. Baekhyun flashed a warm smile at him and signaled him to go after the other workers or he might be late. Suho patted his shoulder before dashing out of the department, leaving Baekhyun alone at his cubicle. With a heavy sigh, he pulled out his wallet from the back pocket of his pants and checked the money left inside it.

                “Ugh, when will I get richer?” He silently cursed under his breath. It’s not his first time facing financial problem and it’s not going to be the last time either. He often forgot to set his daily expenses that he would overspent his money on things he didn’t need. And it could be way too much at times.

                Baekhyun decided to skip lunch and take a nap instead. As soon as he placed his head on the desk, getting ready to close his eyes and sleep, he heard a cat purring near to his cubicle. As much as he could remember, no pets are allowed into the building. Baekhyun jolted up from his position to find the cat. He didn’t have to move much; it was already playing around with his feet. Slightly smiling, he took the kitten from the floor and noticed that he used to see it somewhere.

                “Miko?” He whispered as he saw the tag on its choker. Baekhyun quickly left his cubicle with the kitten in his arms to look for the owner. He walked around the building with the biggest hope that he would bump into her.

                “Miko honey, where are you?” Subin’s voice echoed throughout the corridor. Her eyes ignited worries and she slightly crouched while searching for her beloved pet.

                Baekhyun, who was standing not too far away from her, smiled. Miko started making sounds and that was when Subin stood properly with her eyes looking towards his direction. She slowly walked towards them and surprised Baekhyun with a sudden hug.

                “Hey, Miko wants to breathe.” He joked. Subin released him and pouted before taking her kitten into her own arms.

                “You are forever a meanie.” She scowled. Baekhyun just chuckled lightly as a response. Subin walked away from him, causing him to run after her.

                “What are you doing here today?” He asked. Subin rarely visited the company lately. And they didn’t see each other much often because Baekhyun usually would be busy with work. He missed her. He missed her a lot. Phone calls were never enough and it made him crazy.

                “I went to send my father something to eat.” She replied. Baekhyun noticed the lunchbox on her other hand and assumed that she went to her father’s office to have quality time with him. He was pleased to see their father-daughter relationship getting stronger and stronger.

                “That’s great. I believe you have eaten your lunch.” Baekhyun guessed.

                Subin stopped at her track, causing Baekhyun to walk slightly forward. She released Miko on the floor and slowly grabbed his arm. Baekhyun was confused when Subin stared into his eyes with those playful sparks decorating the orbs but he waited for her to say something nonetheless. She was probably up with something he didn’t know.

                “For your information, I haven’t eaten my lunch.” She said.

                Baekhyun raised both of his eyebrows. “Then?”

                “Aish, see? You’re so mean. I thought you were going to ask me out for lunch.”

                “Sorry…” Baekhyun smiled sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck. Subin held up the lunch box next to her face, giving hints to Baekhyun that she prepared it for him.        

                Baekhyun grinned when he felt Subin dragging him to his department. He was happy that he finally got to have this secret lunch date with her when his other colleagues were out for break. Their relationship was only known by Subin’s parents because they knew Baekhyun was going to get it if other people knew about it.

                “Where’s your cubicle?” She asked as soon as they entered a very large room. Baekhyun didn’t answer. Instead, he pulled her to his cubicle and grabbed an extra chair from the store for her to sit.

                “I made this for you.” She arranged the set of containers onto the now-empty desk. Baekhyun looked at all the dishes and felt touched by the effort she had put into her cooking. He slid his fingers between the chopsticks and began to choose which dish he wanted to taste first.

                “What are you waiting for? Go ahead.” Subin chuckled.

                Baekhyun placed back his chopsticks and without warning he cupped her face and slowly leaned closer towards her. Subin already closed her eyes, waiting for something to land on her lips. Baekhyun saw that and couldn’t help but letting out his laughter.

                Subin opened her eyes, scowling. “I hate you.”

                “Why is that?”

                She released his hands from her face and started mumbling something. Baekhyun noticed she was disappointed he didn’t kiss her. He was just teasing and of course, he expected that kind of reaction. Baekhyun cackled again, making Subin grew frustrated at him.

                “Fine, laugh all you want.” Subin burst.

                “You should see your face.”

                “Stop, it’s not funny.”

                “Fine. I’ll stop now.” Baekhyun stopped laughing and cupped her face again, squishing it. Subin stared blankly at him when she knew he’s going to make her mad at him again.

                Without warning, Baekhyun place his lips on top of hers and started kissing her softly. Subin widened her eyes, a little afraid someone might watched them. But when she realized that there was no one around, she shut her eyes close and began kissing him back. Both of them pulled away after the sweet kiss with a shy smile stamped on their face.

                “I missed you.” Baekhyun simply said.

                Subin pinked. “I missed you too.”

                “I’m sorry that I was too busy with work.”

                “Hey, it’s fine.” Subin grazed his cheek with her hand. Baekhyun took the hand and kissed it. The fact that Subin was in front of him made him beyond happy already.

                “Hmm, let’s eat! I can smell the delicious spicy potatoes from here.”

                Subin nodded. She passed him a bowl of rice and watched him as he excitedly pick out the dishes and placed them on top of his mountain of rice. Subin found it adorable of him to get agitated over homemade food.

                “Aren’t you eating?” Baekhyun asked.

                “I’ll just eat later because it’s fun to watch you from here.”

                Baekhyun pouted and placed his bowl aside. “I’m not eating if you decided not to eat with me.”

                Subin rolled her eyes at disbelief. That was somewhat a new side of Baekhyun she had never seen before. And she’s amused. She never knew her boyfriend could be such a… cutie?

                “What…? Oppa, are you okay?” Subin blinked.

                “I’m absolutely fine. Now, are you eating or not?” Baekhyun crossed his arms under his chest.

                “What will you do if I said I’m not going to eat?”

                “That’s it. I’m not eating.” He protested even more. Subin laughed and pecked his lips before taking out her own chopsticks from the bag. A grin appeared on Baekhyun’s face as he proceeded eating his lunch together with Subin.

                “Oppa.”

                “Hmm?” Baekhyun looked at her.

                “Are you free tonight?”

                “Tomorrow is Saturday so.. yeah, I’m free.”

                Subin bit the end of her spoon. “Let’s watch movie at my apartment tonight, I bought a lot of DVDs yesterday and I don’t like watching movies alone.” She blinked.

                “Please don’t tell me we are going to watch romance.” 

                “Yes, we are. Be a good boyfriend or I’ll take this lunch away from you.”

                “Okay. Romance. Why romance?” He sighed, earning a soft pinch from Subin.

 

                Baekhyun wrapped himself in a thick jacket because of the windy air outside. He quickly ran into an apartment building, rubbing his palms together after he survived the gust wind. Shoving his hands into the pocket, Baekhyun walked to the elevator and punched some random button.

                He stood in front of the door silently before pressing the bell. Romantic movies for the night? Even the thought of it made him shudders. He was never a fan of that kind of stuff because he thought the storyline was rather cliché or just plain .

                “Oh goodness, you look like you just caught a cold.” Subin blurted as soon as she opened the door. She was wearing a cute pink pajama and there was a pink bunny headband on top of her head. She wasn’t the type to wear something cute for her partner but that night, she felt like doing so. Another reason of it was to thank Baekhyun for actually agreeing to watch movies with her. And it’s his least favorite genre.

                “Why are you wearing that bunny stuff? I thought you do not like it.” Baekhyun reached out his hand for it. Subin just sighed and quickly pulled him inside the apartment so he wouldn’t have to suffer from the cold.

                “I wear it just for you. You should feel lucky.” Subin helped him slipped off the jacket. Then, she plopped herself on the couch. Baekhyun joined her afterwards and cuddled her up.

                “I do feel lucky.” He kissed her temple. “And you do look cute. Like a bunny!”

                Subin looked up to him. “You’re lying.”

                “Nope.” He shook his head.

                “Whatever. Let’s watch the movie now! I know you love romance, you just do not want to admit it.” Subin teased. She could hear Baekhyun groaned at the mention of ‘romance’. Laughing, she pulled out a disc from her DVD booklet and slipped it into the DVD player. Subin crawled back to Baekhyun and wrapped her arm around his waist.

                It was 20 minutes of the movie and Baekhyun started to yawn. As expected, the plot was cliche. How he hated cliché movie. He leaned his head on Subin’s shoulder and get ready to doze off. Subin turned her head a bit to see a sleepy Baekhyun. Their eyes met but then he quickly shut his eyes.

                “Hmm, sleepy already?” She poked his cheeks.

                “It’s boring.” He whined.

                “No, it’s not.”

                “It is.” He said before burying his face into her hair. Subin turned off the tv and raised her boyfriend’s head off her shoulder. Baekhyun rubbed his eyes to wake himself but he just couldn’t take it anymore. He didn’t understand why he got so sleepy. It was only 10pm and as much as he could remember, it’s hard for him to sleep that early.

                “Are you okay?” Subin ruffled his hair.

                “I’m fine. Oh gosh, don’t treat me like I’m sick.” He sounded.

                “I know you are not sick. Are you really that sleepy?”

                “Yes.” Baekhyun laid his head back on Subin’s shoulder. She chuckled softly as she patted his cheek. It was a moment of silence between them. The tv was already turned off and only the sound of their breathing could be heard.

                “Subin.” He suddenly said.

                “Hmm?”

                “It’s been almost two months, right?”

                “Yes.” Subin smiled as she reminisced the day he asked her to call oppa. The day everything started. The day he taught her how to love.

                “Do you love me?” Baekhyun asked. He was somehow curious about Subin’s true feelings. She rarely showed her love affection towards him. Or maybe he was just feeling insecure.

                “Silly, of course I love you.” Subin looked at him. Her hand reached for his hand and she entangled her fingers with his.

                “I love you too.” Baekhyun pecked her cheek and sat properly on the couch.

                “Oppa, are you really okay? Because I think you need to sleep.”

                “Do you really want me to go home that bad?” He eyed her suspiciously.

                Subin slapped his chest. “No. Speaking of that, why don’t you sleep here tonight?”

                Baekhyun widened his eyes. “No. Your father is going to be mad at me if he knew I sleep on the same bed with you!”

                “Oh my god, relax!” She laughed. “I’ll call dad and ask him about it.”

                Baekhyun gulped when she rose from the couch and walked to the kitchen, probably where she left her phone. He didn’t feel easy about it even though Mr Hwang had approved of their relationship. He’s afraid the old man might think he’s taking advantage on his only daughter. Baekhyun diverted her eyes at Subin who was in the middle of phoning his father. Soon enough, she ran towards him with her hand holding out the phone to him.

                “W-w-what now?” Baekhyun asked while looking at her phone.

                “Dad wants to talk to you. Don’t keep him waiting!” Subin passed the phone to him. Baekhyun’s jaw dropped a bit but he placed the phone near to his ear anyways.

                “H-hello, Mr Hwang?”

                The man from the other line chuckled. “Night movies with Subin, aha? She already asked me about it and I think sleeping together is okay. But nothing more than that, okay?”

                “A-alright, Mr Hwang.” Baekhyun replied.

                “Why are you stuttering, though? I’m not the chairman right now, I am your girlfriend’s father.” Mr Hwang joked.

                “I just…. never mind. I won’t do anything to her. I promise.” He replied with a soft laugh. Subin was already next to him, happy with her father’s decision. Baekhyun ended the phone call and then passed it back to her.

                “So?” Subin looked at him.

                “He said it’s okay.”

                “Great, now let’s get you to bed.” Subin pulled him from the couch and dragged him towards her bedroom. Baekhyun was just able to laugh and it seemed like he was not sleepy anymore because of his cheerful girlfriend.

                “Now now, I bought a matching pajama just like the one I’m wearing right now!” She exclaimed as she took out a blue pajama from the closet.

                Baekhyun laughed. “Seriously. Couple stuff? Oh god, Subin. I don’t know you have this really cute side of you.” He grabbed the pajama from her and observed them.

                “Shush. Just get changed already.” Subin pouted and pushed him into the bathroom.

                After a few minutes, Baekhyun stepped into the room with a proud smile on his face. He was really satisfied with the size. It fitted him perfectly and the thought of Subin bought it for him to wear made him happier than everyone else in the world.

                “Thank goodness I bought your size.” Subin clasped her hands together. “You look cute. But can’t get any cuter than me.”

                “Hey, what is wrong with you tonight?” Baekhyun joined her in the bed. “Why are you being like this?”

                “Be like what?”

                “Super adorable and cute.”

                “I don’t know. Maybe because I have a cute boyfriend.” Subin pulled him closer and pinched his cheeks.

                “I’m not cute.” Baekhyun scoffed.

                “Yes, you are.”

                “Nope, never, Hwang Subin.” He denied.

                “Aww, look at you calling me by my full name.” She poked his lips.

                Both of them kept arguing but it stopped not so long after that. They did nothing in the bed and silence deaf the air around them once again. Baekhyun carefully reached for her hand and squeezed it gently. Subin laid her head on his shoulder and began swinging their hands together. Chuckles replaced the silence as they kept playing around with their hands.

                “Baekhyun oppa.”

                He smiled. The way his name escaped her lips was like a soft melody reaching his ear.

                “You are always up with question, Subin.” He chuckled.

                “It’s not my fault that I’m curious.” She pouted.

                “Alright. What is it?”

                “How many children do you want?”

                Baekhyun stared at their hands. “I don’t know. Maybe two?”

                “Two sounds perfect.” Subin beamed. “Hmm, it’s gonna be cool if both of them are boys. I love little boys.”

                “No, I want girls! I want to know how my daughters would look like.” He nodded.

                “Then, we have to make it fair. One boy, and one girl.”

                “The boy will look like you and the girl will have my face.”

                “Ew, I don’t want our daughter to have your look. I’ve had enough of you already!” Subin laughed. Baekhyun stared at her in disbelief and tickled her sides, causing both of them to erupt with laughter in the middle of the night.

                “Why did you ask me that question?”

                “I told you I’m curious.” Subin answered, still recovering from the cackles.

                “We still have long way to go, Subin. I’m still not sure where our relationship is heading.” Baekhyun sighed. It’s not like he wanted to be negative but it’s true that he’s not sure about it. He himself was struggling with his own problem. Yes, that financial problem. And being in love with daughter of rich businessman wasn’t helping him either.

                “But you do love me, right?” She rubbed her thumb against the back of his hand.

                “Of course.”

                “Then, you should not be mad at me after what I’m going to say, okay?”

                Baekhyun tilted his head. “Hmm, depends.”

                Subin took a deep breath. “You have to except the position my dad’s going to offer you next week.”

                “Mind explaining more?” asked Baekhyun. He didn’t get what she was saying. What position? A position at the company?

                “I went to the company today because dad wanted to ask me whether he should put you among the higher authorities.”

                “And…..?”

                “I said, I don’t know. And then he told me he’s going to let you be the International Marketing Executive because he thinks you understand more about marketing since you’ve known much by handling the registration.” Subin explained.

                “I….. I don’t know what to say.” He was loss at words. Was it because he’s Subin’s boyfriend? Or was it because his reputation at workplace? Whatever it is, he couldn’t give any definite answer.

                “Just accept it, oppa. I know you will do your best for it!” She pumped her fists to the air.

                “Are you sure? I mean.. I don’t know how people from up there do their stuff.”

                “They learnt, oppa. And you have to learn too.”

                “What if I failed to meet their expectation?”

                Subin patted his arm “You’re worrying too much. But I know you can do it.”

                Baekhyun smiled warmly at her support. He pulled her closer to him and wounded his arms around her. Subin snuggled against his chest, taking up the lime scent. Even if he’s at his toughest part of life, she would always be there for him. That was her promise to herself.

                “Thank you, Subin.” He said.

                “What for?” She looked up to him.

                “I don’t know, I just feel like thanking you.” He kissed his forehead. Subin released his arms from her and leaned her face closer to his. She pecked his lips before turning her back at him and getting ready to sleep. Baekhyun found himself smiling again as he lied down on the bed.

                “Subin, are you going to be cute again like this next time?”

                She turned his body to face him.

                “Forever, if you want to.”

                “Are you for real?” Baekhyun laughed a bit. Subin pouted at his question and that’s when he grabbed her face and kissed her plump lips. A grin appeared on his face as he pulled away. Subin was still pouting but she smiled when Baekhyun engulfed her in a hug.

                “I don’t know if I can be cute when you are here, being like a meanie to me.” She mumbled.

                “It’s okay, as long as you’re here with me. I’m way happier even if you didn’t smile.”

                Subin slapped his chest as hard as she could. “I hate you!”

                “Hate me all you want, Hwang Subin. I’m still going to love you. Until the end.” He kissed the top of her head and hugged her even more.

                There’s no way he would let her go. Because she was his love. His life.

 

 


it's too long orz

Thanks for reading, everyone! I'm sorry if it didn't meet your expectation ; ; but at least  i tried?

oh well, and thanks for subscribing too. there are a lot of you that i was like "oh my god, what happened?" at first.

**this oneshot is not edited nor proofread. sorry.