O6- Cucumber Kyung; Promise?

〈 breaking news! 〉 ☆ feel better block b. ☆ 〈 block b oneshots! 〉

Promise?


 

Kyung glances worriedly at his watch as he slowly makes his way up to his porch, knowing full well that she would be on the couch, waiting for him. He could already imagine that picturesque visage of hers tainted would apprehension and axiety; he could already see the frown withering her lips downwards; her messy bun untouched because of her refusal to sleep until she's seen him. Weakly, he brushed his hair back and grumbles as he slips his key into the door, pushing it open gently, a hopeful glint gleaming in his eyes as he caught sight of her. Indeed, she was on the couch, but it seemed as if she were barely sitting on it; she was barely on the edge of the seat. And much to Kyung's astonishment, her facial expression was creamed with relief as she saw him enter through the door.

Rather than the expected scoldings of his usual reckessness and carelessness, she bolts from her seat on the sofa and engulfs him in one of her famous heart-constricting hugs, her arms winding around his neck as she buries her nose into the nuzzle of his neck. Kyung dazedly winds his arms around her waist, pulling her close to him as her warm tears seep through the cloth of his sweater, bringing his surprise to a whole new level. "Baby?" he rasps, unsure how to respond.

He was sure she'd be angry for getting caught up in yet another scandal; he was so definite that she'd curse him for causing her more trouble, for putting more stress atop his shoulders; he was sure. But instead, he was met with the opposite. His normally stiff lover was so.. sorrowful. He's never experienced this much display of affection before. Her level-headedness had always prevented that and she was easily embarassed by it, Kyung recalls; but he never minded. She was just the type of girl to keep him grounded.

But now that she was falling apart for Kyung, what was he supposed to do?

Her lips brushed past his cheek as she cupped them gently, her glazed eyes boring into Kyung's. "Are you okay?" The first words of the night, and Kyung couldn't feel his heart wrench more. Her despair was written all over her features, tears painted on her cheeks liks they were some sort of canvas. He brushed away her disheveled fringe and chortled childishly, feeling his heart pang with sympathetic gratitude. "You look like you feel worse than I do, baby," he remarked in a soft murmur. He kissed her forehead, pulling her in for another hug.

She graciously returned the embrace, her fingers pulling gently at the ends of his hair as she kissed the sensitive spot on his neck. "Kyung, please don't worry me like that ever again, do you hear?"
"I'm sorry," he whispered earnestly, a sincere smile playing at his lips. His wide eyes twinkled bemusedly as she huffed tiredly, pulling her shawl closer to her shivering frame. "C'mon, let's go into the bedroom, baby; you're freezing out here."
She stopped him promptly, clutching his hand. "Kyung, please," she murmured. "If something's troubling you, come to me."

He grinned, twirling her into his chest until he could properly lift her into a bridal stance; he scurried quickly into their shared bedroom, rocking and swaying her gingerly. Laying her in the bed, he hurried, and scrambled in after her to pull the covers over their chilly frames. "I'm really sorry if I've worried you," Kyung leered with an apologetic smile. His fingers brushed away the sheer layer of tears b at the corner of her eyes and kissed her nose affectionately. He peppered her with kisses, flattering the flesh upon her cheekbones and lips and jaws with his butterfly pecks until he saw a ghost of a smile trace her pink lips. "Don't cry for me anymore, it makes me sad," Kyung added sweetly.

With a warm shove to his shoulder, she sniffled and pouted. "I  just don't want you to feel overwhelmed," she argued defensively. "We both know how you get when you're stressed. You throw tantrums and it's impossible to get you to calm down," she whispered. "I don't want a repeat of last time."
Kyung frowned at the remembrance of the Thailand incident, and shook his head. "I'll be okay," he reassured her, "as long as you're by my side to comfort me, I"ll never throw those tantrums again."

With a sheepish smile, she pressed her forehead to his, a fluttering giggle breathlessly escaping her lips. She held out her pink finger with a cute eye-smile playing at her honey-glazed orbs. "Promise?"
Exhaling a chuckling breath, Kyung nodded, twirling their pinky fingers together before laying a kiss upon the tip of her nose. "I promise." Unwrapping his finger from hers, he pulled her into his chest, resting her head upon the plate of his torso before pressing his lips to the crown of her head. He, in a state of serene tranquility, took a breath and indulged himself happily in the aroma of warm sugar and vanilla. "Thank you, by the way," he whispered against her temple.

Her breath hit his bare collarbone as she chortled silently, her grip on his waist tightening. "You don't have to say it so often, I know you appreciate it."
"But I want you to hear it, so you never forget," Kyung returned. He ran a languid hand through the wisps of her dark hair. "I want you to know that I'm thankful for everything you do for me, despite the loads of crap that comes with dating me," he whispered sensually, pressing a lingering kiss upon her lips. "And that I love you because of everything you have sacrificed, and everything you do, and for everything you will sacrifice and do for me in the future."

Kyung felt his breath hitch as he felt her hand caress his cheek. "I do it because I love you, too," she remarked, kissing his chin. He glanced down and found her staring up at him from behind her long lashes. "So don't hold anything in anymore; once something happens, I want you to let me know, okay? You don't handle things on your own very well, and you know that. Stop being so hard on yourself."

"Okay, okay," he breathed in a hushed voice as he kissed her forehead. "I will, I promise. Let's sleep, you've been waiting up for me for too long."

She smiled, nodding comprehensively. "Good night, Kyunggie."

"Good night, love." And bless your soul, for you are my guardian angel.