A Sweet Dream

Dazzling JongKey

Key:

     The night after his first day at work Key found himself in a bizarre dreamland.

 

     In his dream, Key was a God, looking down at the earth. What he saw were all of the most beautiful things in the world. He saw people singing, friends laughing, children playing; and one single, perfect, pink rose growing on a bush.

 

     Then Key saw a man pick the rose and hold it up to his nose, inhaling the sweet aroma, at first Key was angry that someone had taken something so beautiful, but then he saw that the face of the man outshone all of the beauty that he had seen on earth, and Key felt that in all of the world nobody deserved to take the rose but that man.

 

     And then Key looked closer and saw that that he himself was standing on that rose, and the man who picked it was the same man that he saw in the studio the previous day, Jonghyun.

 

     When Key awoke he found himself in a slight daze. He remembered that he had had a sweet dream, but by the time he had finished getting ready for the day, he couldn’t remember what it was about.

 

     When he arrived at the studio, he made his way to his office that Minho showed him yesterday. Seeing as Key spent most of his first day being shown the ropes” today was his first day of actual work.

 

     As Key got out one of his sketch books and a set of pencils, he somehow knew what he wanted to design. For some reason he felt inspired by roses, pink roses. He started sketching the outfit; some tulle here, a splash of color there, and after about an hour he had finished the design.

 

 

Jonghyun:

     Jonghyun answered his cell phone as he readied the cameras for the photo shoot.

 

     It was Hyosung.

 

     “Jonghyun! Where were you, I thought you were going to take me out to dinner last night! You didn’t show up, or even call!" Hyosung whined to her boyfriend.

 

     “What are you talking about? We didn’t have any plans."

 

     “Oh, well maybe YOU didn’t have any plans, but if you had checked you're email, you would have known that I wanted you to take me out last night!” 

 

     “Listen, baby, I’ll take you out tonight, somewhere special. But you can’t expect me to know what you’re thinking all the time, okay? I mean, you know that I hardly ever check my email. I don't even remember my password...”

 

     “Hmph! Well… okay, I guess I forgive you this time. But you’d better take me somewhere expensive!”

 

Key:

     Key was busy sewing away, trying to bring his dress to life when Taemin suddenly walked into the room. “Hyung! How's work going?”

 

     “Pretty good, but aren’t you supposed to be doing some girl’s makeup or something?” Asked Key  

 

     “Oh, no not really. The last girl just left for the photo shoot about thirty minutes ago, I can pretty much do whatever I want until the next group comes in.” Taemin explained.

 

     “Oh. Well, do you want to see the new dress I’ve been working on?” Key asked his dongsaeng.

 

     “Oh, wow. You’re already working on an outfit?” asked an impressed Taemin.

 

     “Yep! It’s weird, I just sort of felt inspired to make this… I don’t really know why...” said Key, his face was blank, as though he was lost in thought, or perhaps trying to remember something from a long time ago.

 

     “Well, whatever the reason, this dress is beautiful! The last stylist would have taken days to create something like this, and even then it wouldn’t look this good” said Taemin with a big smile on his face.

 

     As he walked home that evening, Key was absorbed in thought. He was thinking about how his dress turned out, about how proud he was of it; it made him feel a strangely familiar happiness that he couldn't place.