Photo Shoot

Dazzling JongKey

Jonghyun:

     It was the day after Jonghyun had gone to the club; he had told Hyosung that he didn’t call her because he had a cold. Today Hyosung was going to come in to get her picture taken for Secret’s new album cover.

 

     When Secret finally showed up, Jonghyun had already gotten the camera and lights set up.

 

     Secret was the only reason that Jonghyun had this job, when he started dating Hyosung she set it up for him because she “couldn’t have a poor bum as a boyfriend”. When Jonghyun was truthful with himself, this was the only reason he never broke up with her. Ever since he had gotten this job, he had been able to send money to his parents.

 

     Jonghyun’s mom had been diagnosed with Lupus three years ago, ever since then he and his father had been working multiple laborious jobs to pay for her medicine, until Jonghyun had gotten his job at the number one studio in Seoul.

 

     When it was Hyosung’s turn to be photographed, Jonghyun was blown away, not by her, but by the beautiful dress that she had on. It was stunning, pink satin and lace and tulle all mixed together in a way that nobody would have expected to work, but ended up as something magical.

 

     For some reason, looking at the dress gave him an odd sense of hope; hope that, for whatever reason, the world may not be quite as bad as he once thought. The photos that Jonghyun took were some of his best, and when the shoot was done Jin-ki was amazed.

 

     “Whoa Jjong, you’ve always taken decent photos, but this time they’re on a whole new level.”

 

     “Thanks. I guess I just got inspired for once.” Jonghyun said a bit sheepishly as he walked over to say good bye to Hyosung.

 

     “Jonghyun! How was I, did I look pretty?” Hyosung asked.

 

     “You looked beautiful of course.” Jonghyun told his noona as he kissed her lightly on the lips.

 

     Hyosung blushed as Jonghyun kissed her, “yah, I can’t have boys kissing me in public! That’s why I want you to stay the night sometime.”

 

     Jonghyun looked hesitant. They had been going out for a long time, but for some reason he never felt like he was ready to take their relationship to the next level. “Noona, you know I don’t feel ready” Jonghyun said in a hushed tone.

 

     “Hmph! Well, you should!  I like you, but I can’t just wait around forever Jonghyun!” Hyosung said angrily. “And until you feel ready to prove that you like me too, I don’t think that I want to be around you anymore!”

 

     “Wha- what are you talking about? Why are you putting me in this position baby? You know I like you a lot!” Jonghyun said shakily.

 

     “No, I don’t. And until I do, I don’t want to see your face!” Hyosung yelled as she stormed off, leaving the rest of Secret to follow her out awkwardly.

 

     “What was that about?” asked a confused looking Jin-ki.

 

     “Nothing…” said Jonghyun, “Let’s just get these photos developed.”

 

 

Key: 

     “Key! Key Hyung!” shouted an excited Taemin as he rushed down the hall towards Key’s work room.

 

     “Taemin? What’s the matter?” 

 

     “Nothing’s the matter silly!” said Taemin as he waved some white pieces of paper in front of Key. “You’re first outfit was just shot today, these are the pictures of it.”

 

     “Ooh, really?” Key said excitedly as he took the pictures from Taemin and saw for himself how wonderfully they had turned out. “I guess I really am a good designer” Key said while Taemin took a seat on the counter.

 

     “If you just figured that out now, then I might have to worry about you” Taemin said teasingly as he sipped a bottle of banana milk.

 

     “What inspired you to design it” Taemin asked.

 

     Key blushed little. “Well… I don’t really know what made me design it, but somehow when I think of it… I think of Jonghyun…”

 

     “Oooh, I see” said Taemin. “You know, I said I would help you with this, so I will. I think that we should invite him to go to the movies with us this weekend. Since him and Minho got along so well, we can say it was his idea!” 

 

     Key looked apprehensive about the idea, “okay, but I don’t know how to act around him, I couldn’t bring myself to say anything to him at the club…”

 

     “Don’t worry!” Taemin said with a reassuring smile. “At the club it was different, there were a lot of other people and it was loud and crowded. At the movies there will only be us four and everyone is supposed to be quiet. After the movie you’ll be more used to being around him and the four of us can get something to eat.”

 

     “Okay, I guess that doesn’t sound too bad” said Key. He would have never agreed to this if it wasn’t Taemin suggesting it. Or if Taemin didn't use his aegyo so well.