The First Day

Dazzling JongKey

Jonghyun:

      It was a normal day at the studio for Jonghyun, boring but necessary. It wasn’t like this at first, when he started out he was inspired by everything; now, he was inspired by nothing, everything looked the same.

 

     When he walked into the studio, he said hello to a few acquaintances, then went straight to the tiny room where the cameras were stored. As he looked around trying to find the right camera, he saw his best friend Lee Jin-ki sitting on one of the nearby tables. “Hey Jin-ki, what’s up?”

 

     “Oh, not much, just looking over some recent pictures.” “How are you Jjong?”

 

     “I’m alright.  Just the same old stuff, I guess.”

 

     After a few minutes Jonghyun found the right camera (with Jin-ki’s help). “Hey, Jin-ki, do you want to hang out after work?” Jonghyun asked as he got ready to go.

 

     “No, sorry.” Said Jin-ki, “I’m going to be busy sorting through this massive pile of pictures you took. You know, sometimes being the director of the photography department has its downsides.”

 

     “Yeah right, you know you love being around all of my amazing pictures” Jjong said with a smirk, just before he rushed out of the room.

 

Key:   

     “Hugh! Minho, would you stop kissing Taemin?!” Key asked in an exasperated voice, for what must have been the thousandth time.

 

     “Why should I, he is my husband after all.” Said Minho in the usual impish tone he used when making key uncomfortable.

 

     “Key, you’ve just got to get used to the idea of us being together; and Minho, stop bothering Key, he’s just protective of me, that’s all” said Taemin, Key’s best friend since childhood.

 

     “Wow Taemin you sound so responsible, you really are growing up” Minho observed.

 

     “Yep! I really am! Now the two of you leave me alone so I can drink my banana milk!”

 

     “Ugh, I can’t believe Taemin would let a frog show me around on my first day!” Key whined as Minho gave him the grand tour of the workplace.

 

     “Hey, it’s not like I wanted to show you around; but you know how Taemin gets when he hasn’t had his banana milk.” Minho reasoned.

 

     “Yeah, I guess you’re right. We wouldn’t want to see that again," Key said in an extremely serious tone.

 

     Minho continued showing Key the building, eventually they came upon the film department. By this time Key was getting pretty bored, he was never really into photography; but he said nothing, knowing that it was a good idea to familiarize himself with the other departments.

 

     Finally Key saw something that caught his attention.  

 

     For some reason when he first saw him, Key’s heart seemed to stop working, then suddenly sped up to ten times its normal speed. Everything slowed down, and all Key could see was the shape of his body, the curve of his lips, the color of his eyes and hair, and the overall beauty that was in front of him. The man was wearing a nametag that said “Kim Jonghyun”.

 

     Key stood there, mesmerized. Finally, Minho, who was already walking down a long hall to the left, noticed Key's absence and called for him. “Yah! Key, hurry up, or I’ll leave you behind!”