Over My Dead Body

Perfect

Over My Dead Body

Sometimes you just can’t let go of that person…

 

“Huh…”

Minho let out a long sigh of despair as he sank into his chair. He loosens up his tie and throws his briefcase to his side.

Boy, today must've been his absolute worst day ever.

He raked his fingers through his wet hair and let his hand rests on his forehead as his mind reeling back to his chaotic day. He turned up fifteen minutes late because the train couldn’t move, got shouted at by his tyrant boss, his shirt smelled like a chicken soup because his colleague decided to trip on the wire in front of him and the damn train couldn’t move again on the way home. And it's raining - one way to make it the worst.

Such a ty day, he decided. And he's not naive to convince himself that tomorrow will be better. The world is a pretty evil place - especially to a clumsy newbie intern like him.

Minho took a deep breath as he stares at his empty and quiet apartment. A sight that will always invite the sense of longing and loneliness. He tries to choke back the lump in his throat and quickly make his way towards the kitchen. He took a mug out from the cabinet and drink. He stares back at the pink mug and smile ruefully - how can he ever resists the feeling of regrets over the time that he never spent on her?

Minho quickly shake his head away to brush away his thoughts.

“Huh...” He sighs again. 

He closes his eyes tightly as if on pain and gently opens it again. The empty room summons his loneliness again. The apartment is dead quiet. No one to welcome him home. No smiles. No giggles. No women's perfume lingering in the air like his playboy brother's house. And not even a sight of toys or milk bottles like in Seunggi and Yoona's house, the baby factory.

It's clean. It's empty.

And it leaves a bitter taste in his mouth. He is utterly exhausted and it makes him emotional. Hell, man can be emotional too sometimes.

Minho puts away his mug in the sink. The mug clutters with other dirty dishes. He closes his eyes again as he let his sentiment sweeps across his face. Torturous memories flash through his mind – the smiles, giggles, kisses, cuddles. Her humor, her kindness, her way to make him calm and her dark brown soft yet y stare.

He misses her. He really misses them.

“Bad day?” 

A husky voice greeted him from his back. Softly, she wrapped her hands around his waist and rests her chin on his back.

Right on cue.

A sly smile blooms across his lips. Minho gently caresses her arms around him. She always knows what had happened to him. Call it a woman’s instinct.

“Uhuh.” He answers, this time he swings around, let his muscular arms snakes around her hip. She's more than willing to snuggle in close. He looks into her eyes and gently brushes his thumb over her lips. He misses this lips. He really misses his girl. “Very bad.” he places a soft kiss on her lips.  But the thing is...he already forget his problem.

“Can I make it better?”

He smirks. “Mrs Choi Yuri…” he flashes his boyish grin, “you always make my day better.” He said as he rests his forehead on hers. “I miss you.” He breathes.

She giggles, “I miss you too.”

His hands already slyly cup her jaw, inviting her for a long passionate kiss. But -

“I miss you too daddy!”

Their kiss ended before it could even begin. Minho smile knowingly at his wife. He looks down and unsurprisingly found a girl with a teddy bear on her hand clinging onto his leg. He saw a big round eyes just like him already watching him with her lovely grin, just like her mother. She her head slightly to one side, exactly like her mother. "Daddy?"

He misses this girl too.

“Hana…”

He scoops up his daughter and tosses her into the air before he carefully catches her back and lands her securely on his arm. Hana's giggles are enough to make his heart burst with happiness. Yuri was smiling beside him. His eyes now dance with joy and pride, his later sentiments was long forgotten. There’s nothing more he could wish than a perfect family.

“I swear I've put her into sleep just now. But she must’ve heard you coming.” Yuri explains.

He kisses his daughter’s cheek and she smiles shyly. “Well, she’s wide awake now. Don’t you Hana?”

Hana playfully nods. “Daddy, can you read me Cinderella?”

Yuri had her hands on her waist. “Oh no you can’t, young lady. Daddy's very tired right now and you need to sleep. It’s already past midnight.”

“But mommy…” Hana stops arguing the moment Yuri raised her eyebrows.

Oho…the you-are-dead-if-you-don't-listen-to-me-this-instance eyebrows is up. Even he, the head of the family, wouldn’t dare to go further with that. That’s one of his wife's lethal weapon and no one ever crossed and live to tell the tale.

But Minho glimpses at Hana and his daughter returns it with her greatest weapon too - her puppy expression, the wide-eyed look with mournful expression. He never wins against that either. Truthfully, when your life dominated by female, you will never win anything. Ever.

“It’s okay Yuri. I’m happy to do it.”

His wife's eyes soften but full of worry, “Are you sure?”

He nods, reassuring his beloved wife.

“Alright then, just one book. One.” Yuri emphasized with her index finger.

And they ended up with three books that night. Luckily Yuri was too busy doing their laundry to notice.

“Finished?”

He turns around and finds his wife standing beside the door. “Uhuh." He stares back at Hana, the jewel of his life, "She looks like an angel when she sleeps.” he mutters, softly his daughter's cheek.

Yuri chuckles. “My father always said that to me too when I was little.” She walks inside and sits on the opposite side of the bed. Joining him, adoring their own daughter. “You should stop at Cinderella, Minho. You always lose to her when she asks something.”

Oh no. She did notice.

“Well I couldn’t. She had one of your weapon.”

“And what is that?”

“The puppy eyes.”

She smirks. “Your girl is going to be such a princess if you continue to spoil her.”

Minho gently takes one of Hana’s hand, plants a soft kiss and puts it under her blanket. “I could build a castle if she wants, Yuri. You know that.”

Yuri smiles knowingly.

“But you do realize that one day we are going to give her up to her ‘charming prince’.”

Minho’s eyes wide open with horror as he processed the thought. It makes him nauseous. It makes him angry. He stares at his already amused wife.

He rolled his eyes at her.

“No one will ever take away my little girl. Over my dead body!

 

*****

Enjoy

 

 

 

Words, from the author,

I got a few minutes for this. Last few weeks had been relaxing before my finals (the silence before the storm). So I decided to put in another fic for you guys. I've been missing this fic world. Just hope everything will be good for me and for you guys. Now I will go back and read my journal articles and homeworks. Thank you guys.