Petrichor

Shorts

Pairing: Kyungmyun 

Warnings: I tried to write fluff.

Short seven: Petrichor

"The smell of rain on dry earth."

 

 
(this title is symbolic, yo. Everyone's in their element besides me; I never write fluff)
 
Kyungsoo is tired; bones aching with every step he takes. Really, he is far too young to know such exhaustion, but after working 48 hours non-stop to reach his Boss' deadline he can barely remember the number of his apartment, never mind his age. He blinks rapidly; eyes bloodshot and unfocused as he tries and fails to put the key in the lock.
 
He doesn't have to struggle too long, as soon the door opens on its own. Kyungsoo stares dumbfounded for a moment, confused beyond belief before a pair of arms pull him indoors.
 
"Oh,  just look at you." 
 
Kyungsoo raises his drooping eyes to see Joonmyun, face pulled taught in concern and hands flittering uselessly towards him. The briefcase clutched tightly in Kyungsoo's hand falls to the ground with a dull thud and he leans heavily into Joonmyun's startled embrace. The other man makes a worried noise, words about sleep and tea muffled by Kyungsoo's addled brain. But it doesn't matter, not the ache in his back or the pounding headache; it's ok because Joonmyun is soft and warm and smells like home. 
 
Joonmyun is the warm summer rain which soothes Kyungsoo's dry,  parched bones.