Frisson

Shorts

Pairing: Onkey

Warnings: Taking full advantage of the Onew and chicken cliché.

 

Short One: Frisson
"A sudden strong feeling of excitement or fear."

 
"What do you say?" Jinki's  voice wavers a little, snagged and cracked on his uncertainty. Oh god, he should have kept his mouth shut. Kibum tilts his head, eyeing the object in Jinki's trembling palm.
 
"Hyung."
 

There is uncomfortable moment in which Kibum eyes the other boy with something akin to disdain. Jinki shuffles awkwardly, unsure if he should lower his arm and run from Kibum's piercing stare or stay put.
 
"Do I look like I want it?"
 
"I just," Jinki swallows thickly and begins again "I just really like you and thought..." but he trails off in defeat.
 
Kibum softens, eyes flickering somewhere between amusement and fondness.
 
"Who doesn't." He declares, tossing his hair with the mock vanity that is so very Key, but not very Kibum. Then slowly, too slowly for Jinki's liking, he takes the offering from his trembling hand. 

Jinki watches with comically rounded eyes as Kibum bites into the chicken wing.

"Honestly Jinki, this better not make me look bloated." Kibum sighs, patting his stomach and pointedly ignoring Jinki's probing gaze.

There is another pregnant pause, broken only by Kibum's dainty nibbles.
 
"But...thanks, old man."
 
And yes, this is a start, Jinki muses, hiding his smile with a shy duck of the head.