IX.

Blue Necktie

 

Joseph and Hyuna wasted no time in executing their brand new plan. That very night, they knew it was time to attack. Hyuna thought hard in her head if she was really sure about taking part in this. She, despite being a promiscuous woman, was still somewhat in her right mind and knew that it was wrong to kill someone but she felt that she needed to help Joseph, whom she was starting to have strong feelings of attraction for, more than just a buddy or a regular customer. She was getting too attached to the American attorney.

“I’ll make sure that man doesn’t get out of this mess alive.” he said with rage. Hyuna, instead of feeling scared, allowed her inner hybristophile to rule over her. It made her feel thrilled and excited, throwing the possibility of arrest and all caution to the wind.

“I know how we can lure our victims.” Hyuna said as they both exited the apartment in a hurry and entered Joseph’s car.

“What? How?”

“I’m a e, remember? There ain’t nothing a little bit of luring can’t do.” Hyuna raised her eyebrow. Joseph smirked at her plan, thinking that it was a good way to lure unsuspecting men. Joseph drove the both of them to the city and on the spot, began their search for victims in the night sky.

They chose to drive carefully, all the while discussing personal matters and struggles. Joseph in particular, was seething with rage over his girlfriend (whom he had not yet named).

“I caught her. She was cheating on me with a man. The bartender at the local pub. She was never this way. I refuse to accept it.” he said with anger.

“She knew you were cheating, I assume. But what makes her cheap is doing the same thing to exact revenge. She’s a piece of and she knows it.” Hyuna spoke ill of a woman she had never met (and unknown to her, her own mother).

“That is why revenge must be exacted.” Joseph said vengefully. He stepped on the pedal and the car sped, giving Hyuna an exhilarating feeling. The young lady rolled the windows down and allowed the city air to enter the car, breezing through her hair and on her face. Joseph smirked with malice, watching her enjoy herself. He had different thoughts going through his head.

As they continued their murderous rendezvous in the night, Hyuna finally spotted a worthy male victim. The male victim that she had her eyes on looked like someone who was wasting, throwing his life away. Wasted and posted on the wall, he was smoking a cigarette and holding a bottle of beer in one hand. The man looked like the type who would hit on anyone that tried to seduce him. Easy to manipulate, as Hyuna would put it.

“There. Over there. Park your car.” Joseph did as told. Hyuna settled down inside the car and unbuckled her seatbelt, getting out of the car to catch her prey. He was still standing there, leaning against the door and drinking his beer. He noticed Hyuna and smirked.

“Hey there, toots!” he called her. Hyuna felt energized and ready to get her game on. She went closer to the guy and ran a hand abruptly through his hair. This took the guy by surprise but there was no denying that he liked what she had just done.

“Looking for a good time? Or are you gonna waste your time being a loser here on the street? C’mon! Show me what you’re made of!” Hyuna seduced him. This challenged the man who chose to accept her challenge. He put an arm around her and wished to show her the real him.

“I’m not backing down, girl. I may be drunk right now but I’m a real stud, yo!” he bragged, obviously having too much to drink. Hyuna giggled at him and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“That’s the stud that’s going home with me tonight!” Hyuna said cutely. She knew this guy was not in his right element, being drunk and possibly drugged and all so he made a very easy target. He would be killed and he didn’t even know it, nor would he even feel it. Drugs and alcohol would’ve numbed him down.

Hyuna led this young man into Joseph’s maroon Mercedes. She let him sit in the backseat while she sat in the front seat right next to Joseph.

“Evenin’ son!” greeted Joseph.

“Hey pops!” said the drunk lad. Joseph smiled at him and started the engine. “You her drvier?” he asked. Joseph and Hyuna looked at each other intently, an evil smirk forming on their lips.

“Yeah. I’m her driver. I’m going to take you two lovers to where ya supposed to stay.” Joseph said. The guy was too drunk and just agreed, wanting to get some and sleep.

“Step on it pops!” he said. Joseph did speed up and as the car went fast, Hyuna made her way to the back, struggling to get off. She dove to the backseat and landed right on the guy’s lap. The ever flexible and slick Hyuna crawled her way into a lying position and cajoled the drunk lad to do work on her.

“You can work on me right now. “ she grabbed the guy’s collar and pulled him over to her, kissing him passionately. It didn’t make Joseph jealous, because he knew who her heart is with and what their real intentions were. Without the guy seeing, since his eyes were shut in intense pleasure from Hyuna, Joseph threw in a knife at the back seat. Hyuna opened her eyes and grabbed the knife and opened her eyes. She pulled away from the guy for a moment.

“Hey what gives?” asked the stoned fellow, noticing that Hyuna was no longer kissing him.

“Kiss this, you motherer!” Hyuna grabbed the knife and quickly stabbed the guy in the stomach. Blood started to ooze from him and dripped down Hyuna’s shirt. She watched with both delight and horror as she killed her very first victim, a man. After the dripping of blood, the man felt his life ebbing away from him.

“Help...” were his last, weak words before dying on top of Hyuna. Hyuna rolled him over on the floor and sat up, her shirt and arms soaked in blood. A satisfied smile came across her face, making her feel more powerful and in control.

“I did it, Joseph! I killed him!” she said with delight. Joseph smirked at her through the rearview mirror.

“You did awesome, babe!” Joseph told her. “C’mon! Let’s dispose this bastard somewhere far.” the angry man said as he stepped on the gas pedal and brought them to a secluded place that was dark and grassy.

Upon reaching their destination, Hyuna stepped out of the car and waited for Joseph to help her with the body. Joseph slipped on his gloves and got another pair out for Hyuna. He stepped out of the car and handed these to her.

“What for?” asked Hyuna.

“To cover up your fingerprints. Now stay there, I’ll work on this.” Joseph mustered all his strength to take the body out of the car and toss it on the grass nearby. He went back to the trunk of the car and took his saw which he would later use to dismember the body. While making his way back, Hyuna stopped him in his tracks.

“Wait.” she said. “I think I want to do this.” Joseph smirked at her willingness to participate and allowed her, by all means.

“Then go ahead, Hyuna. It’s all yours! To commemorate your first time.” he said. Hyuna ily grabbed the saw and walked towards the body. Having no knowledge in dismembering a body, she just did whatever she knew. Hyuna got down on her knees beside the guy’s head and using the saw and all her might, she sliced the guy’s neck, struggling at first but sooner getting the hang of it. After a long period of sawing, the head finally came off and with her gloved hands, she held it up by the hair, proudly showing it off to Joseph.

“I’ve done it!” she said with pride, beaming evilly. Joseph smirked at her, came closer and grabbed her by the hair, pulled her closer and kissed her passionately. The feel of blood on her clothes and skin turned Joseph on.

“Come on. Put that head in the trunk. Let’s check in to some motel.” Joseph told her. Hyuna went to the back of the car and placed the head inside, slamming the trunk shut. Joseph walked over to the passenger side and started the engine of his maroon Mercedes with Hyuna in the passenger seat. After committing his nth crime and her first, the two sped off to look for a motel to spend the night in.

[IN HYUNA’S HOME]

Hyuna’s mother Stacy was still in a daze and recovering, treating herself from the physical and emotional wounds that she endured in the hands of her own boyfriend. As she was doing so, she decided to do some exploring about her boyfriend, just to know what kind of a person he really was. She walked around the house and thought about him, his mannerisms, secrets he could be hiding. Stacy was getting really suspicious about his actions and felt that, just felt that, he could be hiding something.

Something tells me, he isn’t who I think he is. Stacy thought to herself. She decided to find out the secret life that her husband had been living and just happened to have passed by the basement.

I recall him frequenting the basement but I never knew what he does there. Curiosity got the better of Stacy and with the intent of discovering her lover’s secret identity as well as the reason for his quite suspicious behavior, she opened the door and slowly started to enter the dreaded basement. From the outside, she felt the spirit of evil linger around her body, telling her that Joseph had been up to no good.

What the hell is that odor?! The smell of decomposing bodies and blood filled the room, making Stacy feel nauseous. It was totally unbearable, she thought. Just imagining what could be the bearer of the foul stench was just horrendous for Stacy to imagine.

Is this a compartment of dead rats or something?! Stacy slowly descended into the darkness, trying to feel for the light switch. Once she felt the rope, she tugged on it and the room flooded with lights.

However, the sight that greeted her wasn’t a pretty sight.

Stacy was struck speechless by what she saw. Her jaw hung open as her eyes continued to widen. What was before her was more horrible than what had greeted her nose.

“Oh my God!”

There they were. Severed heads. Not that many. Just around four or so. Along with them were headless bodies and some dismembered, experimented ones. Some had their hands in their s, others had their s removed. Stacy’s tears were threatening to fall down from her eyes and upon discovering even more gruesome stuff in her own basement. When Stacy descended deeper into the said room, the stench grew stronger and the collections became creepier. But what creeped Stacy out the most was what she saw surrounding the walls of her basement.

“Oh my God!” she covered the minute she laid eyes on the newspaper headline that was taped on the wall like a poster.

SERIAL KILLER AT LARGE IN KOREA, BEHEADS TWO WOMEN IN TWO CONSECUTIVE NIGHTS! PUBLIC BEWARE!

Does this mean...Stacy slowly crumbled on the floor, her face covered by her hands, drenched in tears.

“How could he do this?” she sobbed uncontrollably, unable to grasp the fact that the man she was dating was a serial killer and not just any other killer but the serial killer that had been on the news for the past few days, the man that had been causing terror all over South Korea...

Authorities have been looking for you but I was too blind to not see that you were right beside me, in my own bed, in my own house. Stacy felt guilty tears fall down her eyes. She felt partly responsible for the deaths of the young girls around the city for not stopping her boyfriend from doing his devilish acts, let alone discovering them earlier.

I’m so sorry....I’m so sorry....Stacy sobbed on the floor of their basement, full of regret and resentment towards herself and her boyfriend.

Little did she know that she was going to be more sorry for even being curious to explore the basement.

 

 

[MEANWHILE]

Hyuna and Joseph had just dumped the body of the drunkard in the grassy area and were  driving home with the man’s head in the back. Both parties had a peculiar rush inside of them, that thrilling feeling killers got after killing that they just had to do it over again. Hyuna in particular, who was always the ‘good girl’ and had never killed a man, made a 180 degree personality shift and was now a killer for the very first time.

As the two criminal lovers drove around the city, Joseph spotted a girl walking all by herself in the poorly lit road, possibly a hitchhiker. Hyuna spotted her too and urged Joseph to give it a go.

“Now it’s your turn, baby!” Hyuna urged him. “Go for it! That piece of lovely meat is walking away, you don’t want that now, do you?” asked Hyuna. Joseph thought of all the bad memories, the traumatic experiences he had gone through in his mother’s hands, thus fuelling his hatred for women. Joseph pulled over and parked the car right behind a tree. He stepped out of the car, leaving Hyuna behind to walk towards the lone lady.

“Excuse me...” he tapped her on the shoulder. The girl whipped around and saw Joseph.

“Yes, sir?” she asked nicely. She did not suspect Joseph to be an evil person because of his handsome looks and his gentlemanly manner.

“I’m having a bit of trouble with the directions. Me and my wife are travelling and we kinda got lost. Can you help us?” asked Joseph as he led her to the car where Hyuna was sitting.

“How may I help you?” asked the girl whom Joseph led to Hyuna’s side. Hyuna showed her the directions and the landmarks and as she struggled to read them, Joseph stealthily  moved away from her and went to the back of his Mercedes Benz to get his sledgehammer.

“Yeah and we can’t seem to find this...” Hyuna pointed at a certain landmark and when Joseph caught her sight, she arched her eyebrow and slyly smirked, signalling him to move. The girl wondered why Hyuna was just staring behind her and when she finally turned around to check what Hyuna was looking at, she was struck unconscious with a sledgehammer.

“Get ‘er babe.” Hyuna cheered him on. Joseph pounded endlessly on the girl until she died. Her brains had spilled out of her cracked head but the sloppy Joseph did not even bother to clean it up. He just carried her body and stuffed it in the back together with the head of the drunkard. Their messy and disorganized crime would be concluded with a butcherfest to follow.

Bonnie and Clyde drove away into the night, hoping to target their next victim. Joseph didn’t have to think. He already knew...