III.

Blue Necktie

 

Nighttime fell but Seoul was still alive. Bright lights and busy cars cramped the city streets. Nightlife was just about to boom, most especially for Hyuna who knew she had a chance of getting lucky tonight. The 19 year old was preparing for another night of selling ual services on the streets. With the heaps of people outside, she knew she had a high chance of earning big. But what really struck her and made her feel quite trippy and high was the incident that had occurred this morning when an American tourist, she presumed, stopped and asked her for directions, even winking at her.

That man is so handsome. I mean, come on! He looks like George Clooney plus Richard Gere...oh wait that’s just the hair but...Oh God! While fixing herself, Hyuna couldn’t stop thinking about this man. As previously mentioned, Hyuna had a thing for older men, especially those that were handsome and looked wise and dignified to start with. The American man was everything she looked for in a guy.

Hyuna did her hair by messily tossing it to achieve that y, unkempt look that drove all her customers crazy. This time, she would like to try a different color of bra. In her vast collection, she scoured for something that looked hot. She found a red bra and combination and figured that it was quite common already and was frequently worn.

“Nah. Not this one!” she tossed it over to the side and dug up for some more. Finally, she pulled out a pink bra and pair and decided that it was fitting to wear something as such, as she felt cute and girly today.

I feel like dressing up like a little girl. You know, in case I rope the oldies in. Hyuna ersely told herself. She took her clothes off and slipped on the pink lingerie. Hyuna debated in her head whether or not to put on a white top or just go for her signature Daisy Dukes sans bra.

Which one looks more childish? Hyuna figured that if she wore the white tank top, she could “innocently” or “accidentally” slip it down like it was too big for her and it was falling off or she could pull off another downblouse. Play innocent, she thought. Finally, and for a change, Hyuna decided that she would wear that loose, somewhat see through blouse and her Daisy Dukes.  She put them on and twerked with a blouse a bit, making sure her bra straps or a bit of her bra was visible to attract attention.

Perfect. Hyuna marvelled at her look. To complete it, she decided to work on her makeup. The goal here was for her to look like a total doll so it meant pink! Loads of it! Hyuna took out her makeup bag and dug for all things pink from pink lipstick to pink blush on to pink body glitter. Anything to make her look as doll-like as possible. Hyuna attached some false eyelashes as well as inserted contact lenses into her eyes to make them look bigger and more childlike. She put a hint of pink blush on her cheeks and pink lipstick to make her lips look doll-like. After this simple procedure, Hyuna was just as cute as a porcelain Barbie. Barbie her , though. She was a hooker.

Time to rock and roll! Hyuna told herself. She grabbed her bag which contained her money and other things. Slipping on pink pumps this time, the cute as a button student was now as seductive as a fox.

[IN HYUNA’S HOMETOWN]

Stacy Kim was in her room, fixing her bedsheets when Joseph knocked on the door and entered. He was well dressed, in a coat and tie and seemingly about to attend a meeting.

“Where are you going? Why are you all dressed? It’s nighttime already, don’t tell me you still have work!” Stacy said. Joseph walked over to Stacy and placed his hands on his worrying girlfriend’s shoulders.

“I just have a meeting with my co-workers, that’s all. The pressure to finish all this business is really high and we have to meet the deadlines. Sorry sweetie, pure business.” Joseph kissed Stacy’s cheek and automatically, Stacy forgave him. She was never immune to his sweetness and his kind words.

“Alright. Just call me if you need anything...” Stacy said. Joseph smiled and tapped her shoulders, went back to fixing their room.

If only she knew what Joseph was really up to.

Joseph got in his maroon Mercedes Benz (familiar?) and sped away, fading from the sight of his girlfriend. While driving, he felt his inner monster crawling up into his system, taking over his good, father-like, ideal husband persona. Suddenly, though not literally, Joseph was growing horns, turning red and had a tail stemming from his . In short, he was turning into a devil. Joseph knew what he was in for and he was ready to do it.

Got all my things in the back. I’m ready for anything. If this should be my last, then by God, I am ready to face Satan.  he thought. While Joseph drove in the busy city of Seoul, he noticed a young girl, seemingly a college student, standing at the bus stop waiting for a ride. The girl was just right in front of a convenience store. She was alone, fragile, and had earphones on. Unaware and seemingly lethargic after a long day at school. The perfect target, thought Joseph. The man parked his car at the stop and rolled down his windows, eyeing the young girl. The young girl looked at him with a combination of fatigue and boredom.

“Hey miss, need a lift?” asked Joseph. The co-ed looked at him, arched her eyebrow and was about to snub him then realized how long she had to wait for a bus.

“I’m waiting for a bus-“

“I know. So I’m offering you a ride home so you can get home faster. Saves money, too.” Joseph smiled. His smile was a trustworthy one so the girl felt no hint of suspicion towards him. Wasting no time, she hurriedly got into his car, eager to go home.

“So where’s home?” asked Joseph, driving straight ahead.

“You’re in the right direction. Just go straight. I’ll tell you when to turn." the college student said.  Joseph grinned, his evil plan about to come into full effect. He drove straight, as the girl told him to. After a long highway, they reached a corner street where the girl asked him to stop.

“Mister, this is it. This is the street, you can stop now.” instead of stopping, Joseph stepped on the gas pedal and continued to speed away from the girl’s destination. The girl started to panic as the car got faster and faster and she got farther and farther from the street.

“Mister, did you hear me?” she frantically screamed. “Where are you taking me?” she cried. All of a sudden, a gun was pointed at her face with the fingers on the trigger. Joseph was holding a gun against the face of a 19 year old girl, scaring the out of her. The college student was crying in fear.

“SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN.” he threatened her. While Joseph was driving, he put his gun down, facing the girl in case she was ready to fight back. But she wasn’t as she was too afraid to move for it might cost her her life. Joseph continued to drive until they reached the end of the city and got to an isolated part.  The student was  really scared now. She tried to run away, get out of the car but  Joseph was quick enough to stop her by covering with a poison-laced handkerchief, rendering her unconscious. The co-ed fainted on the car floor. In the isolated area right near the forest, Joseph began his dirty work. Quicker than a fox, he leapt out of the car and reached for his things in the back which included his rope, his chainsaw, and his knife. Joseph retreated to the car and the girl was still asleep. Taking advantage of the situation, Joseph used the rope to tie the girl up quickly. He really made sure that the ropes were securely tied around her ankles, legs, waist, and wrists to ensure her captivity. Taking a handkerchief, he unfolded it and twisted it around into a rope, tying it around the girl’s mouth. Regaining consciousness after sensing some motion on her, the girl was surprised at her state. In great fear, she tried wiggling out of the ropes though she knew it wouldn’t do her any good. Joseph raised his knife at the young girl and started stabbing her several times, over and over again in different areas, mostly the chest cavity to ensure a quick death. The college student-let’s call her Min Kyung-was so sure that her vital organs were being crushed and pierced by the sharp blade of the knife.  Joseph’s final blow was to her heart, right where it was and this ensured her death.

But her death did not mean the end of this horrendous act. As a matter of fact, it was only just the beginning. Joseph took his chainsaw and pulled the lever. The roaring sound of the motor filled the car, but nobody heard it as the nightlife and whatever stood for civilization was far away from where they were. Using his chainsaw, he decapitated the girl, blood splattering all over the inside of his Mercedes Benz. When the head came off, Joseph produced a plastic bag from behind the car and placed the bloody head in it.

As for the body, since where they parked was a lake nearby, Joseph carried it in all its bloody, gory glory. He stood at the pier and looked at the dark lake illuminated slightly by the moonlight. He arched his eyebrow and smirked evilly, conscience aside. Carelessly, he mustered whatever strength he had and threw it into the lake. Joseph took one last look at the body as it sunk deeper. The handsome 45 year old killer retreated into his Mercedes Benz, grabbed a towel and wiped himself off the blood. He kept the head at the back of the car and sprayed perfume in his car so the blood wouldn’t reek and sped his way home.

Hyuna was strolling around the street, walking aimlessly around the place waiting for someone to hit on her. The lights were bright and the convenience store was open. Hyuna entered and bought herself, with her own money, a bottle of beer. Since she was 19 (she didn’t really look 19 at the moment), she was allowed to buy alcoholic beverages. Hyuna had no takers yet so to pass time, she tried to get drunk so she would come out as wilder in bed, maybe giving the customer a reason to pay her double. Hyuna headed to the beer area and bought two bottles of soju.

Outside the convenience store, Hyuna was surely roping some stares from the male population of the city. She, in return, gave them seducing stares but knew at the back of her head that they weren’t interested in her.

Those guys’ll never hit on me. They look like educated young men who know that women aren’t toys that you can just pay for pleasure services. As a matter of fact, I know that very well but I’m just too ed up, I guess or blind that I still keep doing it...

Because it feels so mothering good.

Hyuna looked on, searching for a customer to seduce, specifically the maroon Mercedes Benz with the handsome middle-aged foreigner driving it.

Looks like a decent man. Doesn’t look like the type to hire a for services. His wife seems to be giving him good .  Hyuna sadly thought. She just bitterly anticipated whoever customer would take notice of her. Sip after sip, she was deeper into the alcohol and felt her drive getting amped by the minute.

“Excuse me, beautiful girl. Are you looking for a ride?” asked a man in a maroon Mercedes Benz. Hyuna looked at the owner of the voice and was sure as hell spat the alcohol in . Joseph looked at her, shocked and disgusted, and laughed.

“Are you alright, pretty lady?” he asked once again. “Did you get too drunk?” Hyuna giggled, the expelled alcohol staining her white blouse, making her pink bra visible through the already see through blouse.

“Yes. Yes. I’m fine. Thanks...” Hyuna was blushing as she had no idea how to dry her wet blouse. Joseph got aroused just looking at her but was deciding in his head if he wanted to have with her or kill her. Hyuna looked to precious and he found himself, maybe just a little bit in love with her. Or infatuated, to say the least.

“Are you sure? You seem like you had a good time. How about a ride home?” asked Joseph. Hyuna blushed. It was a dream come true! A stranger she just met, someone she had already loved. Hyuna felt like a high school girl being asked out by her crush on a date. Except that she wasn’t high school and her date wasn’t the quarterback but a 45 year old possibly married man.

“I’d love to.” Hyuna twirled her finger around her hair. “I could use a ride home.” Joseph loved her face and her personality even without knowing her that he for some reason couldn’t imagine killing her.

“Get in.” he opened the door for her. Hyuna gladly accepted, feeling all hot and bothered with her crush sitting right next to her.

“Where do you live sweetheart?” asked Joseph. “Maybe I can you home. It’s quite dark.”

“Just at the apartment. Like, where you last saw me.” Hyuna brought up their last meeting. Joseph looked at her and tried to recall what she said. He turned the inside lights on and took a good look at Hyuna.

“Why, you’re the girl who directed me to the jewellery shop! Nice to meet you, sweetheart.”  Joseph said. Hyuna blushed and nodded.

“Nice to meet you too, sir.”

“What’s your name, pretty girl.” It made Hyuna blush to hear him addressing her as ‘beautiful girl’, ‘pretty girl’, ‘sweetheart’. It made her feel like they were dating already, if not married.

“Kim Hyuna.” she said.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Joseph Wordsworth.”

“Hi Joseph.” Hyuna sighed at his name. It was so fatherly and tame.

“So where again, Ms. Hyuna?” asked the older man.

“Right there, the apartment. Remember it?”

“Yes I do.” Joseph was so kind and trustworthy, Hyuna viewed him. He was the kind of man that with his charm and sweetness, could be deemed trustworthy by most people, a far cry from the monster that he was earlier at the pier, murdering a young lady around Hyuna’s age.

“Say, what’s a fine young woman like you doing at this time of the night dressed like that?” asked Joseph.

“Uhmm...I was...” Hyuna did not want to divulge her true profession for fear that this respectable man would despise her, be disgusted and make her step out of his car.

“I came from a party.” she lied. “I was the first to leave, got so drunk and here...yeah.” she explained quickly.

“Oh. Stay safe, darling. I don’t want you to get here. Y’know, there are so many bad men nowadays.” Joseph warned.

That’s the thing, sir. I want to get . I want to have . With you! Hyuna thought.

            Finally, they reached the apartment. Joseph parked his car at the front gate and dropped Hyuna off. Hyuna refused to go down, though. She had something to tell him. Something to confess.

            “Why aren’t you going down yet? Isn’t this it?” asked Joseph. Hyuna sighed and began to explain herself.

            “Well, the truth is, I didn’t really come from a party.” Hyuna sadly, shamefully admitted. Joseph furrowed his brows.

            “What do you mean?”

            “Truth is...I’m roaming around.” Hyuna was lying right through her nose. She was selling herself but decided to use this lie to still get some respect and , possibly. “I’ve been roaming around at night because I feel sad and sleepless. I’ve been looking for some company, some nightlife. Ever since living in the apartment, I’ve been really melancholic...” Hyuna was twirling her finger in her hair, hoping to attract Joseph. Undeniably, though, Joseph was really attracted to her from the get go. He found her ravenous black hair, childlike face, and mature, womanly body totally attractive, reminded her of Stacy. Little would he know why.

            “Oh. So you need a companion, dear?” asked the man seductively. Hyuna could read between the lines and somewhat knew what he meant. He knew she was asking for it and she could tell he wanted it to. Playing demure, Hyuna shrugged.

            “Well, I don’t know who to talk to. It’s all I want.” Hyuna said.

            “Sweetheart, I’m here.” Joseph said, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.

            ing trap is working! Soon he’ll be mine! Hyuna said lustfully in her thoughts. To her, Joseph saw her just as a daughter and nothing more. But all that was about to change.

            “What do you mean?” Hyuna’s heart skipped faster and faster. “You mean...”

            “I can take you out for dinner, if you’ve not eaten. Or we could go for a joyride.” he offered.

            “Paying for my food would be too much to ask of a stranger. I think the joyride would do me good.” she said. Joseph smiled and nodded his head. He started the car once more and away they sped in the moonlight. The classic maroon Mercedes blended in with the fast moving cars on the road. They were aimlessly wandering, just so that Hyuna would have some company. The handsome attorney drove his passenger around town, talking to her about things.

            “Where are you really from?” he asked.

            “Around here in the city. Me and my mom used to live together, you know, before college and all.”

            “You know, you look like my girlfriend.” he said out of the blue. Hyuna was taken aback. This gave her the feeling that he would fall in love with her. It also gave her a more legitimate reason to fall in love with him and eventually steal him away from his girlfriend because they were just dating and not married. Besides, who could resist Hyuna? Not Joseph, she was certain!

            “So where are you taking me?” asked Hyuna. She was so clueless about the fact that Joseph killed a young girl earlier and was fearlessly riding in his car, unafraid that he might snap and turn on her. But seeing the tameness in his eyes and the gentleness of his voice, Hyuna suspected nothing.

            The two drove around the city talking about anything under the sun. Finally, Hyuna got tired and asked if she could be brought home.

            “I need to go home now. I had fun, though. Thanks for keeping me company. I really appreciate it.” thanked Hyuna. They reached the apartment and Joseph stopped, parked the car in front of it and waited for Hyuna to step down. When Hyuna was about to go down, she felt Joseph’s hand grasp her arm tightly. Her heart jumped as she felt scared but turning to see Joseph’s face, his calm, handsome face smiling at her, reassuring her that she had nothing to be afraid of. Hyuna settled back into the car as Joseph’s hand remained on her arm, he leaned forward and kissed her cheek, gave her a pat on the head and let her go.

            “Take care and good night.” he said. Hyuna needed time to process what had just happened. With shaky legs and an overly pumped heart, Hyuna walked out of the car but never took her eyes off him.

            “Don’t get too high strung. You still have school tomorrow.” Joseph said, forgetting that today was a Saturday.

            “It’s...It’s a Saturday...mister...” Hyuna said, stuttering. Joseph chuckled to himself and closed the door from behind Hyuna.

            “Well it don’t matter now, don’t it? Take care of yourself, goodnight.” Joseph gave a friendly salute to the starstruck Hyuna who was staring at the maroon Mercedes, watching it zoom past her. With weak knees and a silly grin on her face, the 19 year old e happily walked back to her apartment room, her head in the clouds despite not making any money today.

            He just kissed me. And I have to remind myself that it happened... Hyuna lay in bed, sleepless for the remainder of the dawn.

            Joseph on the other hand, had business to handle. Driving his maroon Mercedes around town, he pulled over upon the sight of a beautiful girl walking alone. Opening his window, he asked his usual question...