Working On Contusion Assignment With Uncomplete Pair

Love In Focus

 

Contusion… Yuri thought.

 

In her own style of cursive writing she scribbled on a fresh page of her English book:

The resultant of an inner-beings death is emptiness, powerless and of a lose of identity conception is dramatized and reflected effectively through the literal meaning and visual image of Plath’s ‘Contusion, title choice.’ To help Plath beautifully detail her vulnerability and unhappiness, she has utilized the assistance of language techni

She halted writing. A confident ‘open’ laugh had just reached her ears and began peculiarly lagging her thoughts. I cannot think properly. She jerked her head to the direction that the noise emerged from. That laugh was Sunny’s?

 

Sunny’s left elbow was plopped on the table. Her left-hand fingers held an apple, the colour of rich red blood. Her right, slender, olive-toned thigh was tightly crossed over her left thigh. “Really? Yea, I know about Jesus and God. Jesus was the son of Mary? Yea.”

The boy next to her had a large build. And, he had a confident and strong tone as he said: “They say that fathers play such an immense roll in your life, that those who have lost their fathers, they turn more rebellious. You know, they feel like they are missing something. But with Jesus and god, they can compensate for your father and you feel more ‘whole’.”

Sunny bent her head and widened her eyes. “Really? I did not know that. So cool.”

The boy rested his back onto his navy chair and beamed. “Yea. So who are you going to the spring dance with?”

 

Crunch.

 

Sunny bit the apple. The boy scarcely watched her without movement. Her eyes became focused as she projected the apple at an angle that would allow it to reach the bin successfully from where she was. Carefully maintaining that angle, she pushed the apple like a shot put.

 

Thump.

 

“Win!” She yelled and raised both hands in the air. Then she opened her pencil case, took out a light pink pen and placed it through her hair, resting it on top of her ear.

 

Inevitably, her actions at that moment were similar to Yuri’s.

 

“I know who I want to go with. Just waiting for him to ask me out.” She laughed. 

“Kangin is hoping it is him.” Heechul intervened placing his left elbow on his friend’s shoulder, and then rested his head on it.

“Can I have a hint who it is?” Kangin asked. “It’s Kyuhyun isn’t it?”

“Kyuhyun is cute and sweet but—“

Kangin nudged her feet with his own feet. “But what? What more can you want in a guy?”

Sunny began to laugh. A surprised countenance dominated her visage. She jerked her head to Yuri’s direction. “Yuri. Kyuhyun told me to write this to you.”

“Really? What is it?” Yuri asked.

Sunny took her light pink pen out from her hair and ear. Yuri watched as her hand scribbled away on a notepad next to her pencil case. Two seconds later she slammed her pen onto the table. “Here.” She said and handed the paper to Yuri.

The paper read:

Kyuhyun said to meet him at the senior area for English. He said that Myungsoo cannot make it because he has an accelerated chemistry text this friday. 

 

***

 

Woosh woosh. Chirp chirp. 

Yuri was seated on a metal seat. Kyuhyun was right in front of her. The fresh feel of light wind whipping her cheeks made her feel happy and grateful to be outdoors rather than stuck inside the constricted, stuffy classrooms.

A rush of heavy wind past her and Kyuhyun and sent their dark coloured, silky hair and school uniform following in the prevailing wind’s direction. Her head felt like it was floating. 

Yuri was recording Kyuhyun with his black camera as he spoke. “And recording will help with the assignment?” She asked. 

“It will be convenient. It acts like a verbal ‘auto save’.” He replied. 

“Okay.” Yuri replied.
“Contusion…”  Kyuhyunl said, and began to read...

The sea obsessively,

One hollow the whole sea's pivot. A pit of a rock

The sea obsessively,

One hollow the whole sea's pivot.”  He paused. “Any ideas on it?”

“I will write it down, because it usually gives me a better answer than if I say it out.” Yuri put down the camera first. Then she ped her bag and took out her English book and pencil case. She plopped it onto the metal table in front of her. She ped her pencil case and took out a pen. She opened up her English book and began to write down:

 

To make the responder extend the boundaries of ordinary imagination and portray the sea with a mind and soul as it ambitiously and violently attempts to exterminate her inner self, Plath’s uses personification: ‘The sea slides back’, ‘the whole sea pivots’.

 

Then she placed the pen through her hair, resting it on top of her ear.

Kyuhyun’s heart stopped beating for a second. She does that too. He thought.

 

“Here.” She said and handed the sheet of paper to Kyuhyun. 

“I am going to read aloud. Record.” He said.

Yuri took the camera and positioned it to him again.

“To make the responder extend the boundaries of ordinary imagination and portray the sea with a mind and soul as it ambitiously and violently attempts to exterminate her inner self, Plath’s uses personification: “The sea slides back”, “the whole sea pivots”.” He paused. Yuri was expecting him to say something negative about her idea. “It is good.”

Yuri insides 'fluttered'. “Well... Do you have any ideas? You can write it down.”

A minute later Kyuhyun handed back her English book. Yuri positioned the camera to it. “You drew a duck?” she asked and read the caption in speech bubbles: “Quack Quack Quack?”

"BUAHAH—“

She stopped filming.

“So who do you like?” he said.

 

He's suddenly starting to sound friendly.

Why?

 

“Why do you want to know?”

He shrugged. “I dun know.”

Yuri began packing her things up. “I have to go home now. Bye.”

“Yea, can I have your phone number? I will give you mine to. I don’t want to keep asking Sunny to tell you our meet up.”

“Can I have your phone?”

Kyuhyun handed his phone to her. Yuri wrote down her number.

“Bye.” She waved.

“Bye.” Kyuhyun said.