A succession Of Unfinished Dreams

Love In Focus

 

In her Physic’s classroom, Yuri was perched silently on a navy blue chair. The hard and ‘scaly’ texture of the chair pressed against her back instigated her mode of discomfort. It is like sleeping on a wooden board. She thought. The attention of her brown-coloured eyes was devoted to her blue and white pencil case, resembling a cotton pillowcase. But other than that her desk was bare.

I need something to preoccupy my boredom.

Her eyes trailed slowly down the table and she instantly began to read the various accounts of vandalism-or graffiti-imprinted on it. She felt immersed at the suspect’s arrogance, randomness and the lack of humiliation.

She read in her head:

I love myself, I see it is written in blue pen

Y <3 M. I see it is written in bright pink.

Moo moo. I see it is written in purple.

 

Swip.

 

Her physics teacher had just placed a stapled booklet of papers in front of the desk in front of her.  

My physics exam… stay calm Yuri. I did well?

“It seems like letting you borrow Physics In Focus was a great idea. You have improved tremendously.” He said.

Yuri looked at the circled red number and saw ninety-nine percent. A rush of felicity flooded her body and overwhelmed it. Yay!

 

*** 

 

A black, shinny lexus is parked next to a stern maple tree. The maple tree's orange, lime green and yellow leaves sway in the direction of the prevailing winds and glimmer and bask in the sun’s silver and golden light. From a branch an army of leaves swiftly fall onto the car screen.

Yuri and Myungsoo in casual clothes are seen together. Close, and Yuri's head is on Myungsoo's shoulder. The cream, leather seats of the black Lexus provides perfect cushioning for her bottom. The car windows are closed.

 

Myungsoo looks at Yuri straight in the eye. “K—“ he says.

 

Quack Quack Quack

 

Yuri’s closed eyes slowly flicker open. She grabs her white iPhone 5 and then turns the duck alarm clock off.

 

***

 

Quack Quack Quack…

Yuri could still hear her duck alarm in roll call. She wore a similar expression to when she woke up. Her mind was cloudy. An obnoxious blanket of human voices surrounded her, making her incapable of thinking.

But she tried to anyway.

The dream I have is repetitive... I think he just has to finish that sentence, so we can move on. I want to know what it is. I have waited to find out for months. When will I find out? K—

K—what?

She sighed.

Why did the Physics mark have to be a dream though?

 

The teacher tried not to roll his eyes when he called out the following name: “Donghae?”

Donghae shot up from his chair like as fast as a bullet, situated three rows of tables behind her. “Here!” he yelled. “You do not need to call my name out and wait for me to respond, you can see me already. You need to learn how to save time sir! Take advice from me, Donghae! Number two at basketball and the future dance party king!” He started dancing, frantically shaking his body.

“Yes Donghae, you tell me that every lesson.”

One of his friends agreed: “Yea, he right... Future dance king right there.” 

“If you are coming for me than I am coming for you, but I finally found, I finally found you. It doesn’t matter if-” And all his other friends began to sing and got up dancing as well.

The roll call teacher furrowed. “Sit down.”

However, his face lightened up as he said the name: “Kyuhyun.”

 

Yuri looked to her right. Kyuhyun was sitting on an opposite table. His white blouse with the Sara school emblem in red, blue and white in the center of his chest pocket was ed. His black pants reached his black, clean leather shoes. His back was straight like a wall and he sat with his hands pressed gently on his thighs. Miraculously his clean-cut hair and his tall height made him look even more graceful.

Can such a beautiful, lovely person belong in Sara high school?

 

“Yuri?” The roll call teacher called.

“Hey Yuri, are you going to dance at the dance party?” Donghae yelled to Yuri in his normal voice. Then in a high-pitched voice, said: “I better see you dancing and shaking that thang.”

 

Ring ring ring.

The bell rang.

 

Like a bolt of lighting Myungsoo got up from his chair and left the room. Yuri watched as he left, and then she too got up and left the room for Mathematics.

He is a ball of silver light… to me

Always steps a head

Like he cannot be touched…